Fancy Feast Royale (Can)

Fancy Feast Royale (Can)

See the Best Cat Foods in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Fancy Feast? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Highly palatable

• Uses real meat

• Variety of flavour options

• Good portion size

Cons

• Premium price

• Not suitable for everyday use

4.3
    Andrewse
    AndrewseHobart, TAS

The number 1 said the cat.

Have a very picky cat have tried any and every food but it is the fancy feast that always comes up the winner and normally always available on sale somewhere close by.

Purchased in June 2019.

Seda
    SedaSydney, NSW

Better than the normal Fancy Feast

I use to feed my cat Fancy Feast, she loved the chicken and Beef Gravy. However after a while whenever it was dinner time she would just turn away from it. I then tried the Fancy Feast Royale Tuna and Chicken, she seems to like these. I checked the ingredients and noticed the Royale range actually has real meat in the cans rather than the standard range which has no actual meat just substitutes.

Other Cat Foods

Peta
    Peta

Attention to detail lacking in packaging

I ask myself why did Fancy Feast spend so much on creating a food that basically every cat loves, but failed to present it in packaging that was of the same quality. Invariably, a portion of each pouch goes in the bin (along with the $$ you paid for it) because the packaging doesn't allow the bottom contents to be retrieved. It's expensive anyway, but to waste that amount of food doesn't encourage me to keep buying it.

Price

Great food my cat loves it, but far too expensive and rarely on special anywhere. Only one time I buy it now .

Cat Foods

Find out how Fancy Feast Royale (Can) compares to other Cat Foods

Nor Liniey
    Nor LinieyMalaysia

The best wet food and better than whiskes

I have been feeding my cat almost a month. He's doesn't like only one choice. He love mixing with other product ( wet food ). It's just that I really want to know it there any oil in fancy feast royale? Because his hair fall a lot. My cat love fancy feast royale. In fact, I try to stop and give him something else,he just smell and walk away. Hopefully fancy feast royale have more variety wet food.

Mandalila
    MandalilaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good quality..

My cat likes the Fancy Feast range a lot. The chicken one actually looks like proper chicken, and the Royale range doesn't contain any by-products according to the ingredients. However, I think there should be more meat varieties in the Fancy Feast Royale range instead of all fish ones and one chicken. I heard it's not good to give cats too much fish, so I find this range is mostly fish flavours. I would like to see some beef, lamb and turkey flavours added to the Royale range. Overall, my cat loves the chicken one and is the perfect portion too.
    Portion size, no by-products, cat loves the flavour, doesn't smell.
    Not many meaty flavours as opposed to fish.

Kat
    Kat

Yes definitely would like to see other meat varieties rather than tuna. Tuna is not good for cats to eat as it can cause health issues.

hambag
    hambag

Good

Good quality cat food that does not look or smell like cat food, none of that awful aspic jelly stuff in the can and no horrible odours in the fridge or bin, but you do pay for the privilege! lots of great flavour choices and looks like real fish and meat. My cat loves it, but then again at that price what cat wouldn't
    Great flavour choices, good quality
    expensive

shellfreak
    shellfreak

Good

I occasionally buy this tinned cat food from Fancy Feast for my cat as a bit of a treat food. It is a bit expensive to be buying too often but as a special treat, it is affordable. It comes in a good sized tin and the food is not messy at all and my cat seems to really love it each time I give it to her. It is in a better quality range of wet cat food than a lot of other brands you get at the supermarket.
    A good quality wet tinned food that comes in a good size.
    Expensive but great as a treat.

Other Cat Foods

Kim
    Kimasked

What dry and cat foods are suitable for kittens... What age does a kitten become a cat?

Tammy
    Tammy

Dry food is a “commercialization” version of pet food nutrition. Dry food is not "species appropriate" nutrition for cats. This is because dry food is a water-depleted diet. Cats normally have a low thirst drive. Dry food is the worst thing to give any cat of any age. You should visit the internet site "FELINE NUTRITION EDUCATION SOCIETY"

Jesse
    Jesse

Bob the blenders argument is the equivalent to a smoker living to 90 and cancer free. The response stating dry food is bad for you cat is correct.

Features:

Fancy Feast Royale by Purina comes in a medley of delicious flavours based on seafood or meat. These include turkey, chicken, beef, tuna, cod, shrimp and whitefish. This product should be used for supplemental feeding as a treat rather than as everyday food as it is not nutritionally balanced. It comes in the form of an easy-to-open can and the food is packed in a highly palatable broth.

Reviewers thought:

Reviewers loved the product and rated it highly as their cats ate and seemed to enjoy it a lot, however a point of contention was the high price. Many loved the variety of flavours as there is one to suit every cat’s taste, and it comes in a good portion size.