Fancy Feast Royale (Can)

Fancy Feast Royale (Can)

See the Best Cat Foods in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Fancy Feast? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Highly palatable

• Uses real meat

• Variety of flavour options

• Good portion size

Cons

• Premium price

• Not suitable for everyday use

4.3
    Mrs M.
    Mrs M.Sydney, NSW

Has Fancy Feast changed owners?My cats won't eat it anymore

My cats loved Fancy Feast but in the past few months they have gone off the brand, infact it does smell badly now when it did not before so i wasted $50 a fortnight ago because my cats won't eat it now

Purchased for $48.00.

Andrewse
    AndrewseHobart, TAS

The number 1 said the cat.

Have a very picky cat have tried any and every food but it is the fancy feast that always comes up the winner and normally always available on sale somewhere close by.

Purchased in June 2019.

Seda
    SedaSydney, NSW

Better than the normal Fancy Feast

I use to feed my cat Fancy Feast, she loved the chicken and Beef Gravy. However after a while whenever it was dinner time she would just turn away from it. I then tried the Fancy Feast Royale Tuna and Chicken, she seems to like these. I checked the ingredients and noticed the Royale range actually has real meat in the cans rather than the standard range which has no actual meat just substitutes.

Peta
    Peta

Attention to detail lacking in packaging

I ask myself why did Fancy Feast spend so much on creating a food that basically every cat loves, but failed to present it in packaging that was of the same quality. Invariably, a portion of each pouch goes in the bin (along with the $$ you paid for it) because the packaging doesn't allow the bottom contents to be retrieved. It's expensive anyway, but to waste that amount of food doesn't encourage me to keep buying it.

Catnip
    CatnipOrange

Both my cats suffer diarrhea

Ive tried different brands and unfortunately this brand gives my two cats very loose stools. They like it but i have to give it to them sparingly

Price

Great food my cat loves it, but far too expensive and rarely on special anywhere. Only one time I buy it now .

TammyBrisbane

"Treat only" food

I did buy a few tins of FF Royale but was later warned that this food should only be used as a 'treat' for my cat. I think your product label should display on the FRONT "To be used as a treat only" because this food is not 100% complete or balanced for any cat. I prefer to use Fancy Feast Classic range because it is a complete diet and more importantly it contains the LOWEST carbohydrates. Cats do not metabolise high carbohydrates. In fact, too many carbs in their food leads to feline diabetes. I only select diets with the LOWEST carbohydrates.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
    Clara V.15 Nov 2021
    smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
    How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
    Clara V.30 Nov 2021
    how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas

Why so expensive.

All my cats love this product, but as a pensioner i only purcuse it when it is on special for $1 a can and i get it in bulk. i do not understand why city farmers (where i puchase most of the fancy feast royale) sell at special price of $1.39/can but a box of 12 tins at $18.
    Easy to open
    The price

hell-69
    hell-69

I want to know why it does not come in 375gr cans

Nor Liniey
    Nor LinieyMalaysia

The best wet food and better than whiskes

I have been feeding my cat almost a month. He's doesn't like only one choice. He love mixing with other product ( wet food ). It's just that I really want to know it there any oil in fancy feast royale? Because his hair fall a lot. My cat love fancy feast royale. In fact, I try to stop and give him something else,he just smell and walk away. Hopefully fancy feast royale have more variety wet food.

Mandalila
    MandalilaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good quality..

My cat likes the Fancy Feast range a lot. The chicken one actually looks like proper chicken, and the Royale range doesn't contain any by-products according to the ingredients. However, I think there should be more meat varieties in the Fancy Feast Royale range instead of all fish ones and one chicken. I heard it's not good to give cats too much fish, so I find this range is mostly fish flavours. I would like to see some beef, lamb and turkey flavours added to the Royale range. Overall, my cat loves the chicken one and is the perfect portion too.
    Portion size, no by-products, cat loves the flavour, doesn't smell.
    Not many meaty flavours as opposed to fish.

Kat
    Kat

Yes definitely would like to see other meat varieties rather than tuna. Tuna is not good for cats to eat as it can cause health issues.

hambag
    hambag

Good

Good quality cat food that does not look or smell like cat food, none of that awful aspic jelly stuff in the can and no horrible odours in the fridge or bin, but you do pay for the privilege! lots of great flavour choices and looks like real fish and meat. My cat loves it, but then again at that price what cat wouldn't
    Great flavour choices, good quality
    expensive

shellfreak
    shellfreak

Good

I occasionally buy this tinned cat food from Fancy Feast for my cat as a bit of a treat food. It is a bit expensive to be buying too often but as a special treat, it is affordable. It comes in a good sized tin and the food is not messy at all and my cat seems to really love it each time I give it to her. It is in a better quality range of wet cat food than a lot of other brands you get at the supermarket.
    A good quality wet tinned food that comes in a good size.
    Expensive but great as a treat.

Kim
    Kimasked

What dry and cat foods are suitable for kittens... What age does a kitten become a cat?

Tammy

Dry food is a “commercialization” version of pet food nutrition. Dry food is not "species appropriate" nutrition for cats. This is because dry food is a water-depleted diet. Cats normally have a low thirst drive. Dry food is the worst thing to give any cat of any age. You should visit the internet site "FELINE NUTRITION EDUCATION SOCIETY"

Jesse
    Jesse

Bob the blenders argument is the equivalent to a smoker living to 90 and cancer free. The response stating dry food is bad for you cat is correct.

Features:

Fancy Feast Royale by Purina comes in a medley of delicious flavours based on seafood or meat. These include turkey, chicken, beef, tuna, cod, shrimp and whitefish. This product should be used for supplemental feeding as a treat rather than as everyday food as it is not nutritionally balanced. It comes in the form of an easy-to-open can and the food is packed in a highly palatable broth.

Reviewers thought:

Reviewers loved the product and rated it highly as their cats ate and seemed to enjoy it a lot, however a point of contention was the high price. Many loved the variety of flavours as there is one to suit every cat’s taste, and it comes in a good portion size.