Disappointing service

When installing a fan outside stated exchange period and only then realising fans online had shipped the wrong product (very similar packaging), they were unwilling to exchange the item despite it being packed and photos sent confirming this on 2 occasions.

nkassis

nkassisSydney Surrounds, NSW

Should have bought the fans from a real shop instead, where there is after service

Accidently purchased 6 ceiling fans instead of 5, due to an extra mouse click order came to just under $2k. When i recieved the items, I realised my mistake, box completely unopened, asked for a refund on the $400 fan. They charge 20% restocking, plus original freight charge for sending out the item and another $35 for return fee where you have to arrange own freight. None of those hassels from a shopfront. Alternative should have purchased from https://www.ceilingfansdirect.com.au/warranty-returns as their returns policy is much better and their prices are the same. Another online alternative with a better returns policy is ceilingfanswarehouse.com.au

Jemma B.Fansonline

Misleading information listed on website

I purchased the Chico 150 exhaust fan based on the advertised information that it came with a backdraught shutter. Their 'backdraught shutter' is in fact a thin plastic circular flap. Buyer beware that this is advertised as a shutter by Fansonline. I have subsequently noticed that other suppliers of the same fan more accurately describe this draught stopper as a thin piece of plastic which is exactly what it is. It may in fact function well as a draught stopper but I would not refer to it as a shutter.

Appliance Retailers

Find out how Fansonline compares to other Appliance Retailers

A fan

A fanSydney Surrounds, NSW

Fast fans

Quick delivery, no damage, ordering service easy, great price and great quality fans. Only negative I have is that there is no flexibility in delivery options. I would have preferred to arrange a mutual time or day to collect.

Ventair Airbus

This supplier might be ok, but (until recently at least) they sell/sold a terrible bathroom fan product called a Ventair Airbus. That device advertises that it has heat lamps, but these are in fact the old-fashioned orange heater elements, which should NEVER be installed into a ceiling. I strongly recommend you avoid that product, which in my opinion should be banned. It doesn't work because the heat rises back into the fan hole, making it completely useless as a heater and in my opinion a fire hazard. The manufacturer doesn't class this as a fault and won't accept returns.

Judith

Judithasked

Hi Fansonline, we bought a Milano DC ceiling light with LED light (white) from you back in 2018 (still have the receipt for $449) but only had it installed this year. It works fine but when you turn it on it buzzes for about 20 seconds then stops. The electrician who installed it said the buzzing isn't due to the installation and to contact the manufacturer as they will send a technician to address the issue. I'm impressed with the glowing customer reviews of Fansonline and hoping you can help me get this sorted? Cheers, Judith

Hi there Judith,
Of course, we would be happy to look into this, but we cannot resolve warranty claims through review portals such as this one. The fan you bought is covered by a 2-year in-home warranty, so depending on the exact date of purchase, it may still be covered. Please email service@fansonline.com.au so that we can look into this for you. Thanks also for your lovely comments and yes we do take pride in our customer service and try to assist where we can!

Norm

Normasked

We have 3 fanco 48" celing fans ,but the one in the kitchen will interninently do a beep and turn itself off. I have changed the battery ,but still the same .

Jemma B.Fansonline

Hi Norm, thanks for your question. We cannot diagnose this issue ourselves, however we have a customer service team available to assist with your enquiry. All the fans in our range are covered by a manufacturer’s in home warranty in addition to your rights under consumer law. Please email service@fansonline.com.au so that we can assist you further.

Jenny

Jennyasked

Can you recommend an electrican for installation?

Jemma B.Fansonline

Hi Jenny, thanks for reaching out :) We're actually working with a third party company to offer a post- purchase installation service. If you've already purchased from us, email sales@fansonline.com.au so that we can verify for your purchase, and we can send you a link to the booking portal.

Get an answer from our members and Fansonline representatives

Other Appliance Retailers