Christian B.South East Queensland, QLD

Fanco Wifi fans not smart and customer support non existent

Guys, I bought 6 supposedly smart wifi enabled Fanco fans from you (Fanco Infinity-ID DC Ceiling Fan SMART/Remote - White 54") but I cannot connect to a single one of them using the Tuya app. I have other Tuya based smart devices (ie. Bunnings Grid Connect switches etc based on Tuya) and they all work fine so that is not the issue. I described all tbis to you in two emails but have not yet received a reply.

Christian B.

Thanks! I contacted you on sales@fansonline.com.au as the service@ address cannot be found anywhere. Maybe add it to the contact us page?

Poor service

Bought a toilet fan online but I got a different product with different serial number.Refused refund and refused return bad service

sammie a.

sammie a.Sydney, NSW

Buyers BEWARE DON'T BUY FANS

Faulty product and will not return merchandise (still in box) I was sent to warranty and nobody could help . was pushed around back and forth.

Disappointing service

When installing a fan outside stated exchange period and only then realising fans online had shipped the wrong product (very similar packaging), they were unwilling to exchange the item despite it being packed and photos sent confirming this on 2 occasions.

Cos

CosMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very bad customer service

Alison

AlisonPerth, WA

No customer service & fans dumped on verge in the rain

After phoning to check the 2 fans I wanted to order were in stock & being advised that delivery would be 5 working days I placed the order in good faith. I received a dispatch advice email 5 working days after placing the order. I called to complain but was told that they had been busy. I was out when the fans were delivered & they were left out on the verge in the rain. What a waste of time dealing with this company - I would have been better paying the premium to buy from Beacon Lighting & walking away with 2 fans in working order the day I’d bought them. I’ve learnt my lesson!

Terrible service twice

I've ordered from Fansonline twice and both cases, I had to follow up 5 days after ordering only to find out that the product I ordered wasn't in stock and wouldn't be for a long time. Why was the site not updated and why didn't they get in touch to explain the situation before I eventually called in.

There are some fundamental operational issues with this business.

Vince p

Vince p

should have gone to a shop !!!

bought a 150 mm fan on eBay , it was okay for a couple of weeks then it became so noisy
that no body in my house will use the fan anymore ... they will not help me an don't care ...
do your self a favour and go to a real store and get proper after sales service !!

nkassis

nkassisSydney Surrounds, NSW

Should have bought the fans from a real shop instead, where there is after service

Accidently purchased 6 ceiling fans instead of 5, due to an extra mouse click order came to just under $2k. When i recieved the items, I realised my mistake, box completely unopened, asked for a refund on the $400 fan. They charge 20% restocking, plus original freight charge for sending out the item and another $35 for return fee where you have to arrange own freight. None of those hassels from a shopfront. Alternative should have purchased from https://www.ceilingfansdirect.com.au/warranty-returns as their returns policy is much better and their prices are the same. Another online alternative with a better returns policy is ceilingfanswarehouse.com.au

StylechaserAU

Recommended and sold me accessories not required

When I provided the height of my ceilings the rep recommended use of extension poles.
When I and the electrician installing the fans read the manual on the fan model the ceiling height actually did not warrant the use of the poles - would actually reduce the effectiveness.
Fansonline refuses to accept any responsibility and have said I must organise and fund the return of the item and that there was a possibility they would deduct another $25 from my refund if they couldnt resell it. Postage costs exceed the the value of the poles due to it being so big and heavy so I cant even make the return.

Stylechaser

Misleading information listed on website

I purchased the Chico 150 exhaust fan based on the advertised information that it came with a backdraught shutter. Their 'backdraught shutter' is in fact a thin plastic circular flap. Buyer beware that this is advertised as a shutter by Fansonline. I have subsequently noticed that other suppliers of the same fan more accurately describe this draught stopper as a thin piece of plastic which is exactly what it is. It may in fact function well as a draught stopper but I would not refer to it as a shutter.

Kjam

Kjam

Not fast delivery

Dont believe their fast delivery claim. Their FAQ states a 1-2 business day timeframe for Sydney metro but after ordering, I was advised the product is stored in a different warehouse and therefore will be delivered in 10 business days. It would be great to have this information before ordering. An empathetic and polite customer service team would also have appreciated.

Joanne A.

Joanne A.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fan arrived damaged ! Polystyrene in box was broken despite box being perfect.

We did not open the fan boxes within 7 days. My husband spent one hour fixing the fan (dislodged the jammed cover) so the electrician could wire it rather than coming back again (would have cost more than the actual fan). Fansonline responded saying:" we receive the fans complete from the manufacturer and don't have any control as to how they pack it". Not good enough I say, it's not okay to on sell damaged goods !!! How about a quality check?

Kim

KimSydney, NSW

Nothing in stock after paying thousands for an online order!

Paid thousands of dollars for fans (all the same brand/ popular item) and informed 10 days later that there are none in stock with no certain time frame for availability.

Lisa B.Sydney, NSW

Buyer Beware. Very poor after sales service

Purchased 3 FANCO Urban DC Fans. The light does not turn off on any of these FAN lights. My electrician says the receiver is faulty. Fansonline does not agree and is not prepared to negotiated their return or a replacement or anything. Don't seem to care a jot!! Total waste of money as I need to throw these out and start again. Buyer beware as you will get ZERO support.

Lisa B.

I feel compelled to share again with you a sleepless night due to the light on the FANCO Urban DC Fans refusing to turn off. The Fan turns off, no problem, but the light keeps a constant glow which is beyond annoying.

Pete

PeteSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor advice

I asked for advice from Fansonline for a ceiling fan to fit where an existing light was. My requirement was for a powerful quiet fan. The fan recommended and ordered had no light. Had to buy another fan locally when my electrician refused to install this fan telling me we to old to struggle with a flashlight at nights. I mentioned this to Fansonline, mute.
Buyer beware

A fan

A fanSydney Surrounds, NSW

Fast fans

Quick delivery, no damage, ordering service easy, great price and great quality fans. Only negative I have is that there is no flexibility in delivery options. I would have preferred to arrange a mutual time or day to collect.

Woddles

WoddlesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Make sure you get your order correct.

I incorrectly ordered 3 fans (no lights) and they refused to take one back as the box was opened.
All the contents were still in their packaging. Not happy.
Buyer beware

Terrible customer service!

Hamid
Hamid

Ventair Airbus

This supplier might be ok, but (until recently at least) they sell/sold a terrible bathroom fan product called a Ventair Airbus. That device advertises that it has heat lamps, but these are in fact the old-fashioned orange heater elements, which should NEVER be installed into a ceiling. I strongly recommend you avoid that product, which in my opinion should be banned. It doesn't work because the heat rises back into the fan hole, making it completely useless as a heater and in my opinion a fire hazard. The manufacturer doesn't class this as a fault and won't accept returns.

Judith

Judithasked

Hi Fansonline, we bought a Milano DC ceiling light with LED light (white) from you back in 2018 (still have the receipt for $449) but only had it installed this year. It works fine but when you turn it on it buzzes for about 20 seconds then stops. The electrician who installed it said the buzzing isn't due to the installation and to contact the manufacturer as they will send a technician to address the issue. I'm impressed with the glowing customer reviews of Fansonline and hoping you can help me get this sorted? Cheers, Judith

Hi there Judith,
Of course, we would be happy to look into this, but we cannot resolve warranty claims through review portals such as this one. The fan you bought is covered by a 2-year in-home warranty, so depending on the exact date of purchase, it may still be covered. Please email service@fansonline.com.au so that we can look into this for you. Thanks also for your lovely comments and yes we do take pride in our customer service and try to assist where we can!

Norm

Normasked

We have 3 fanco 48" celing fans ,but the one in the kitchen will interninently do a beep and turn itself off. I have changed the battery ,but still the same .

Jemma B.Fansonline

Hi Norm, thanks for your question. We cannot diagnose this issue ourselves, however we have a customer service team available to assist with your enquiry. All the fans in our range are covered by a manufacturer’s in home warranty in addition to your rights under consumer law. Please email service@fansonline.com.au so that we can assist you further.

Jenny

Jennyasked

Can you recommend an electrican for installation?

Jemma B.Fansonline

Hi Jenny, thanks for reaching out :) We're actually working with a third party company to offer a post- purchase installation service. If you've already purchased from us, email sales@fansonline.com.au so that we can verify for your purchase, and we can send you a link to the booking portal.

Get an answer from our members and Fansonline representatives

Other Appliance Retailers