Total trash! - Fantastic Furniture Dream Classic

I came to Fantastic Furniture to buy a mattress for my daughter. The sale man strong recommended this product over another product I was going buy. Turns out, after two sleeps, my daughter claims her back is feeling sore and she felt very tired after sleep! I then tried to sleep on it myself and got the same back pain now. This Dream Classic mattress is a poor quality product in my view it should be taken off the shelf! I am very disappointed with Fantastic Furniture and the sale person!

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi Ayako, We're sorry to hear you're not happy with the mattress you purchased. We'd like to see if there is anything we can do to assist. Would it be possible to send through your order and contact details to us at reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Annie and the Fantastic team

Why is this mattress on sale?

We bought a single dream classic mattress in September 2017 for our 4 year old for $199. At the same time and on the advice of a sales representative, we purchased a metal tubular bed frame to go with the bed.

After about 2 weeks, our son started complaining that he was in pain when he woke up. As he has health issues we put it down to this and ignored his complaints.

However, after repeated protests, I tried the bed last night. It was without a doubt the worst sleep I have ever had. You can feel the slats through the mattress. In addition, the middle of the mattress is higher then the sides so you roll off!

I rung Fantastic Furniture.. The sales assistant was not surprised by my problems. In fact, I was told that this was because I had chosen the cheapest mattress and therefore I should expect it!

I explained that I do not think $199 is cheap for a mattress. I also said that if they are aware of these issues, then the mattress is not fit for purpose.

I was then told it was also my fault as I had bought a bed frame that has slats that bow upwards. This is a bed frame that their sales assistant advised me to buy with the mattress!

After much haggling, I was advised that I could choose a new mattress but would have to pay the difference and I should be aware that the same problem may arise.

Quite frankly, I don’t want any mattress from them and I believe it is immoral to sell this mattress if they know the flaws exist.

I also feel so bad that I didn’t listen to our little boy who tried to tell us there was an issue. Poor thing has been sleeping on an uncomfortable mattress for 3 months.

The only good thing is that I can save someone else their money. Please don’t buy.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi Dianne S, I am sorry to hear that your son is having issues with his mattress. Would would really like to look into this further and get in touch to discuss. Would it be possible to email through your order and contact details? Our email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Look forward to hearing from you. Regards Annie and the Fantastic teamJust an update. Anne and her team were great and fixed this for us almost as soon as I contacted them. She even arranged expedited delivery! Great follow up service.Hi Dianne S, thank you so much for letting us know! It is great to hear that we were able to get this issue fixed for you. We hope to see you again in the future! Regards Nick and the Fantastic team.

Bad Design and not worth to even try

The mattress design is bad even though it has foam on top it , we can still feel spring. Sides of the mattress are terrible. When you sleep on the sides you roll down the mattress as there is no balance on the sides. Its too expensive for that quality. less price mattress are better than this. Better pull this design off the shelf and re think.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Hi 1234, I am sorry to hear you are not happy with the Dream Classic mattress you purchased. If you wouln't mind sending through your order and contact details, we would love the opportunity to get in touch and assist further. Our email is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Annie and the Fantastic team

Horrible !

This mattress is horrible ! I purchased for my 3 year old son and now after sleeping on it for only 6 months there is a large 'hole' where he sleeps ! He is only 14kgs and this has appeard ! Be better off sleeping on the floor !

Date PurchasedSep 2015
Hi Jcc95, I am very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your mattress that you purchased from us. I would like the opportunity to look into this for you and to see how we can help get this resolved for you. Would it be possible to email me your purchase and contact details? My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Ryan and the Fantastic team

See all Fantastic Furniture Dream Classic reviews