Fantastic Furniture Tribeca 3 Seater

Fantastic Furniture Tribeca 3 Seater

SCAMMED by Fantastic Furniture

Purchased in January 2015.

Sofa Scam, Fantastic Furniture!!

Purchased in April 2017 at Fantastic Furniture VIC, Caroline Springs for $2,597.00.

SamVGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor Quality , Peeling issue

Purchased in April 2014 at Fantastic Furniture VIC, Moorabbin.

SamV

So no updates on above from Fantastic furniture so far...

SamV

Thanks Nick, I have sent you details.

StephSurf Beach

Leather scam!! Beware of Fantastic Furniture!!!

I was sold a two and three seat leather couch in 2006. Back then I paid a fair bit and was told it was genuine leather. The couches have sat in our occasional lounge, out of the sun and rarely used and they just peeled - like everyone elses about 5 years ago, I am currently too sad to replace them so about 2 years ago I just purchased some ALDI couch covers so I don't have to look at them. You expect to have a leather couch that you look after and don't use much for a long time - hence why we bother to buy leather. I just feel ripped off because I was lied to by the shop assistant. And as I am not the first one reporting the hoax, the practice is obviously endorsed by management and has been going on for a loooong time.

Purchased in November 2006 at Fantastic Furniture for $1,600.00.

Steph

Feel free to email stephanie_campbell@bigpond.com

DisappointedMid North Coast, NSW

Dodgy

We purchased a two and a three seater tribeca. It was sold as a leather lounge at a leather price. It has been peeling for a while and decided to look in to it, it's out of warranty. Definitely not leather. Very disdisappointed. Won't buy from fantastic furniture again.

Purchased in June 2013.

Disappointed

The store has now helped me, thanks

Fantastic F.Fantastic Furniture

Hi Disappointed, that is wonderful to hear! Thanks for the update. Kind regards Ryan and the Fantastic team

Mouse

MouseSouth East Queensland, QLD

Downtown sofa with bed

Can anyone tell me if they have bought this couch?
It looks good, however it seems to slope down in the front & is so hard, I ache after sitting on it a while, also the fabric buckles up after sitting on it for 1 week.
I would be interested to hear if anyone else has had the same problem.

Purchased in April 2019 at Fantastic Furniture QLD, Helensvale for $1,279.00.

LechSydney

Disaster - so called 'leather' peeling

I am very disappointed with this sofa (I have a Tivoli 3 seater which is of the same type as Tribeca). I bought it on 31/10/2015 and was told it was a leather sofa. Obviously it is not. So called 'leather' started cracking, bubling and peeling very badly.
For this price i would expect better quality! I know i bought it 3 years ago, but by looking at all reviews here my sofa is not sole example of issue with it and i expect it to be take care of. After 3 years it looks terrible and it is a shame to have it at home!
I have bought a lot of furniters at Fantastic Furniture and am pleased with all of them - this is the only bad, very bad, terrible product i have from them.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Fantastic F.Fantastic Furniture

Hi Lech, If you're not happy with the store's response, please let us know and we can escalate further. However, the first point of call for warranty claims is the store. Kind Regards, Annie

bg1801

bg1801Sydney

Peeling off cover

I have bought tivoli 2 and 3 seater sofas on 10/01/2015 from auburn store. I had purchased all my items same time including all house hold items. Initially it was ok then the cover of both the sofas started to discolor and peel off slowly. Not happy with the product and now i have to look for new sofas within 3 years of purchase.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

PEELING!!!

I purchased the Tribeca Chaise 3 seater on 18/06/2015 from Fantastic Furniture Tuggerah with added bonded leather warranty. I have only every used the Guardsman Cleaning products purchased with the lounge.
I only wish that I had read these review before purchase because I like many here have problematic peeling that started approx 21/2 years after purchase. I would expect that a lounge that cost this amount of money and is well looked after would last longer than 3 years. So disappointed!!!

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Fantastic F.Fantastic Furniture

Hi Anika, we're sorry to hear you're having issues with your Tribeca sofa. We've received your email and have arranged for the Tuggerah store to contact you directly to assist with a warranty claim. Regards Annie and the Fantastic team

Noman

NomanFletcher

Horrible - never buy this or any other leather look sofa from fantastic furniture

I have the same experience as the other reviewers. Purchased Tribeca 2 + 3 seater lounge in June 2014, before I could finish 4 years it started to peel. Now I have to replace it.
I contacted the store and told them what happened - same reply - Sofa is out of warranty. Spent $1600 on two sofas and now those need to replace those in less than 4 years.
Very very disappointed. And it seems it is a problem will all fantastic furniture leather look lounges.

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Major disappointment

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Not once but twice!

Bought the Tribeca 2 seater and 3 seater set back in Dec 2011 and paid good money for it. In March 2015, the 3 seater started to peel everywhere. Took it in-store and they replaced it with a new one under warranty (that was also a hassle and a half). 3 years down, the same issue all over again. These couches seem to be on a timer and self destruct every 3 years.

Now obviously the store is refusing to entertain me because I am "well out of warranty". I emailed the store asking what can be done to restore this. I didn't ask to be covered under warranty. I got a response saying what I know already - that the couch is out of warranty. End of story. Deeply disappointed and angry.

Date PurchasedDec 2011
Fantastic F.Fantastic Furniture

Trevoli corner lounge purchased April 2015 all my synthetic coatings been peeling off since January 2017 is their something that you can do or offer as this was the first brand new lounge I had ever owned in my whole adulthood a single mum with 5 children want to something she could clean easily wipe down I kind of expected it the last little bit more than just over 2 years very disheartened and disappointed as it was a very comfortable lounge that I paid $1,200 for.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Tivoli Two Seater

We bought this a while ago and it was placed in a spare room but never used. We have just moved and within three weeks of us starting to sit on it all the leather has started to peel off. This is highly embarrassing and I think it’s going to have to be thrown out. Highly disappointing quality. We have bought other furniture from Fantastic Furniture and the quality has always been generally good. Unfortunately this product is clearly made from a cheap, inferior material.

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Peeling Everywhere!!

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Fantastic F.Fantastic Furniture

Fantastic furniture red sofa set

I bought a three seater, a two seater, a three seated with a chaise lounge in red and an ottoman in black in December 2013. they have all been peeling so badly with red flakes all over the floor. It was a big investment for me and I expected the sofas to last me for a long time. But they started peeling a few years ago and now they cannot be used at all. Sadly, the sofa itself is in good condition - it is only the covering material which is bad.

Date PurchasedDec 2013
sheela
sheela

Thanks for the reply Ryan - sorry I saw it just now - did not expect anyone to answer! Sending you an email with the details. Thanks. Hope you will be able to help.

lpalAU

Starts disintegrating after 12mths!

This lounge has disappointed greatly. For $1200 (plus all the cleaning/maintenance products we purchased with it and used), we can't believe how badly it has disintegrated. From the reviews I have just come across,we are obviously not alone. We are also experiencing extreme peeling to the point where we are finding black pieces of material all through the house and the lounge looks like it is from a dump! We have actually purchased bean bags as we don't want to end up "wearing" little black bits of material when we get up.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
lpal

Well, the Manager did contact me but as I unfortunately no longer have the receipt I am unable to gain any compensation. Disappointing.

Leather peeling......un-stitching....4 couches down.....still no luck

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Tivoli 3 seater

Same as with other reviews. Bought 3pcs of 3 seater tivoli sofa. leather started having bubbles, cracks and peeling. Have returned 1 of them last yr and now experiencing same with 2nd sofa. Not a good value for money. 2.5 yrs and worn out already. Very disappointing. Worst with last warranty claim the Prospect store is asking me to pay $50 which i refused to pay. Now i am waiting for this 2nd claim. I would be happy if they will exchange all so i wont be experiencing same stress again. Please remove this product in the market. This is totally not worth even half of the price.. Fantastic management can you review this product..

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Jenny

JennyHARRINGTONcardi

Cracked pealing leather.

Purchased late 2013 for use in our study ie minimal use. Lounge was cared for with product purchased from Fantastic at time. Cushions have started to crack . We are very disappointed and would like something to be resolved.Have been in touch with local store, and although extremely pleasant with their response could not come up with a resolution. We purchased a lot of furniture from Fantastic for our new retirement home and are very satisfied with all the other products, but not this Tribeca 3 seater lounge.

Date PurchasedOct 2013

Tracy

Tracyasked

Is there a recall on the TriBeCa
My 3 seater is out of warranty and peeling rapidly all of a sudden ?

Fantastic F.Fantastic Furniture

Hi Tracy, thank you for contacting us regarding your Tribeca sofa. I am sorry that it has starting peeling and that it is out of warranty. The Tribeca range has been discontinued unfortunately. Would you be able to email me your purchase and contact details so that I can look into this for you? My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Nick and the Fantastic team.

Rumbeard
Rumbeard

What exactly would be done, I purchased mine in Chullora on February 9th, 2014. Over the last years it is wearing everywhere skin or hair touch the couch regularly and then some extra in between cushions. Black leather bits and I'm always afraid the toddler will eat them.

Fantastic F.Fantastic Furniture

Hi there! The Chullora team would have to assess the issue based on the photos provided. We do address these on a case-by-case basis so you will just have to provide the details so it can be reviewed. My apologies for the inconvenience. Regards Nick and the Fantastic team.

Nagsasked

Hi there, I'm planning to purchase tribeca 3 seater. Based on the review comments I feel like not purchasing this one (reference: http://www.productreview.com.au/p/fantastic-furniture-tribeca-3-seater/2.html) . Could anyone please advise if this sofa has been redesigned or still the same issue?

Fantastic F.Fantastic Furniture

Hi Nags, thankyou for your question in regards to our Tribeca sofa. We have recently redesigned the cover of this sofa to a more durable PU fabric cover. We are confident with this product and offer a 3 year warranty on the cover and a 6 year warranty on the webbing and frame. I suggest visiting your local store to view the sofa in person. Regards Annie and the Fantastic Team.

Nags

Thank you. How do I identify which one is new and which one is old? What if the local store gives me an old product? Please advise how do I deal with this? how can I identify that this is a redesigned model?

Marls

Marlsasked

Our couches have a lot of pealing, it looks terrible. Can they be fixed? We had no idea that they would peal like this.

Fantastic F.Fantastic Furniture

Hi Marls, I am very sorry to hear about peeling of your sofas. Would it be possible to email me your contact details and store of purchase so that we can have a further look into this for you? My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Frances and the Fantastic team

Get an answer from our members and Fantastic Furniture representatives