Fantastic Furniture Tribeca 3 Seater

Fantastic Furniture Tribeca 3 Seater

Leather scam!! Beware of Fantastic Furniture!!!

I was sold a two and three seat leather couch in 2006. Back then I paid a fair bit and was told it was genuine leather. The couches have sat in our occasional lounge, out of the sun and rarely used and they just peeled - like everyone elses about 5 years ago, I am currently too sad to replace them so about 2 years ago I just purchased some ALDI couch covers so I don't have to look at them. You expect to have a leather couch that you look after and don't use much for a long time - hence why we bother to buy leather. I just feel ripped off because I was lied to by the shop assistant. And as I am not the first one reporting the hoax, the practice is obviously endorsed by management and has been going on for a loooong time.

Purchased in November 2006 at Fantastic Furniture for $1,600.00.

Hi Steph, I am very sorry to hear about this. We would love to get in touch to clear this up for you. Would you be able to send through your purchase and contact details? My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Nick and the Fantastic team.Feel free to email stephanie_campbell@bigpond.com

Dodgy

We purchased a two and a three seater tribeca. It was sold as a leather lounge at a leather price. It has been peeling for a while and decided to look in to it, it's out of warranty. Definitely not leather. Very disdisappointed. Won't buy from fantastic furniture again.

Purchased in June 2013.

Hi there, I am very sorry that you are so disappointed with your Tribeca sofas. If there is any additional information you would like to provide, or if you would like to discuss the matter further, please do not hesitate to contact us by email. My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Nick and the Fantastic team.The store has now helped me, thanksHi Disappointed, that is wonderful to hear! Thanks for the update. Kind regards Ryan and the Fantastic team

Downtown sofa with bed

Can anyone tell me if they have bought this couch?
It looks good, however it seems to slope down in the front & is so hard, I ache after sitting on it a while, also the fabric buckles up after sitting on it for 1 week.
I would be interested to hear if anyone else has had the same problem.

Purchased in April 2019 at Fantastic Furniture QLD, Helensvale for $1,279.00.

Disaster - so called 'leather' peeling

I am very disappointed with this sofa (I have a Tivoli 3 seater which is of the same type as Tribeca). I bought it on 31/10/2015 and was told it was a leather sofa. Obviously it is not. So called 'leather' started cracking, bubling and peeling very badly.
For this price i would expect better quality! I know i bought it 3 years ago, but by looking at all reviews here my sofa is not sole example of issue with it and i expect it to be take care of. After 3 years it looks terrible and it is a shame to have it at home!
I have bought a lot of furniters at Fantastic Furniture and am pleased with all of them - this is the only bad, very bad, terrible product i have from them.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Hi Lech, thanks for taking the time to get in touch. We are very sorry for the issues you're having with your sofa. We've received your email and have escalated this to the store so they can assist you with a warranty claim. If there is anything else we can do to assist, please let us know. Regards Annie and the Fantastic teamHi, Thank you for escalating this. It would be good to know if such a defective pattern of the leather is treated differently when the claims are being reviewed (as I bought this sofa in 2015 and I theoretically do not have a warranty anymore). I just do not want this to end with the response from the store: "We are sorry that you are not satisfied with the sofa, but unfortunately you are out of warranty and we can not do anything ...) I will keep updating this review with how the claim is being dealt with Thank you LechHi Lech, If you're not happy with the store's response, please let us know and we can escalate further. However, the first point of call for warranty claims is the store. Kind Regards, Annie

Peeling off cover

I have bought tivoli 2 and 3 seater sofas on 10/01/2015 from auburn store. I had purchased all my items same time including all house hold items. Initially it was ok then the cover of both the sofas started to discolor and peel off slowly. Not happy with the product and now i have to look for new sofas within 3 years of purchase.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Hi bg1801, I am very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your sofa. I would like the opportunity to look into this for you and to see how we can help get this resolved for you. Would it be possible to email me your purchase and contact details? My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Angelina and the Fantastic team

PEELING!!!

I purchased the Tribeca Chaise 3 seater on 18/06/2015 from Fantastic Furniture Tuggerah with added bonded leather warranty. I have only every used the Guardsman Cleaning products purchased with the lounge.
I only wish that I had read these review before purchase because I like many here have problematic peeling that started approx 21/2 years after purchase. I would expect that a lounge that cost this amount of money and is well looked after would last longer than 3 years. So disappointed!!!

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Hi Anika, we're sorry to hear you're having issues with your Tribeca sofa. We've received your email and have arranged for the Tuggerah store to contact you directly to assist with a warranty claim. Regards Annie and the Fantastic team

Horrible - never buy this or any other leather look sofa from fantastic furniture

I have the same experience as the other reviewers. Purchased Tribeca 2 + 3 seater lounge in June 2014, before I could finish 4 years it started to peel. Now I have to replace it.
I contacted the store and told them what happened - same reply - Sofa is out of warranty. Spent $1600 on two sofas and now those need to replace those in less than 4 years.
Very very disappointed. And it seems it is a problem will all fantastic furniture leather look lounges.

Date PurchasedJun 2014
Hi Noman, We're really sorry to hear you're having issues with your Tribeca 2 and 3 seater sofas. So we can get in touch, are you able to send through our order and contact details as well as a few pictures? Our email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Annie and the Fantastic team

Major disappointment

Purchased what I believed was Italian leather Tivoli 3 seater chaise and 2 seater sofa in 2014, 4 years later the so called Italian leather was peeling badly from both sofas. in the end it was so bad that we decided to buy a new similar chaise and 2 seater sofa, but not in leather from Fantastic Furniture, we told the staff we were replacing the Tivoli sofa and chaise as the leather had peeled away badly.
When the new sofa and chaise was delivered, we were told that Fantastic had been replacing these Tivoli sofas and chaise due to the peeling leather as this was a common fault.
We went back to the store and expressed our disappointment with not being told about the Tivoli issue, and were told that the sofas were now out of warranty, what a joke spent $1500 on 2 x sofas and only got 4 years out of them, and then like a fool went and bought new sofas from the company that sold me faulty sofas in the first place. Very disappointed esspecially when 90 % of the furniture in my house was bought from Fantastic Furniture Bennett’s Green.

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Hi Mark, I am sorry to hear that your Tivoli sofa had began to peel. We would really like the opportunity to look into your purchase and assist with this. Would it be possible to email me your purchase and contact details? My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Look forward to hearing from you soon. Regards Angelina and the Fantastic team

Not once but twice!

Bought the Tribeca 2 seater and 3 seater set back in Dec 2011 and paid good money for it. In March 2015, the 3 seater started to peel everywhere. Took it in-store and they replaced it with a new one under warranty (that was also a hassle and a half). 3 years down, the same issue all over again. These couches seem to be on a timer and self destruct every 3 years.

Now obviously the store is refusing to entertain me because I am "well out of warranty". I emailed the store asking what can be done to restore this. I didn't ask to be covered under warranty. I got a response saying what I know already - that the couch is out of warranty. End of story. Deeply disappointed and angry.

Date PurchasedDec 2011
Hi Anpa, I am very sorry to hear about your experience. Would it be possible to email me your contact details and purchase order details so that I can have the Store Manager contact you? My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Fiona and the Fantastic team

Trevoli corner lounge purchased April 2015 all my synthetic coatings been peeling off since January 2017 is their something that you can do or offer as this was the first brand new lounge I had ever owned in my whole adulthood a single mum with 5 children want to something she could clean easily wipe down I kind of expected it the last little bit more than just over 2 years very disheartened and disappointed as it was a very comfortable lounge that I paid $1,200 for.

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Hi Rachel, We're sorry to hear you are having trouble with your sofa. We'd really like to look into this for you to see how we can assist. Would it be possible to send through your order and contact details as well as a few pictures? Our email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Look forward to hearing from you. Regards Annie and the Fantastic team

Tivoli Two Seater

We bought this a while ago and it was placed in a spare room but never used. We have just moved and within three weeks of us starting to sit on it all the leather has started to peel off. This is highly embarrassing and I think it’s going to have to be thrown out. Highly disappointing quality. We have bought other furniture from Fantastic Furniture and the quality has always been generally good. Unfortunately this product is clearly made from a cheap, inferior material.

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Hi disapointed_dan, We're sorry to hear you are having issues with your Tivoli 2 seater. We'd really like to be able to get in touch to assist. Are you able to email through your order and contact details as well as an image of the sofa? Our email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Annie and the Fantastic team

Peeling Everywhere!!

I bought the Tribeca 3 Seater which i think was Fantastic's most expensive at the time as it was such a great looking & comfortable Sofa so i decided to go with it. Well, if i had known about how quickly the pleather begins to peel i would have stayed away. I understand there will be some wear & tear but it only took about a year before the fabric started to flake off?! Looks absolutely terrible & i need to place blankets over it because it is embarrassing. I'm now at a point where i need to vacuum my apartment constantly because bits of pleather get stuck to whoever sits on the sofa & then gets discarded around the place!! Very unhappy. I would check what fabric they are using for this sofa because if it's the same as mine you are going to have problems. Not happy Fantastic.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Hi Cam, I am sorry to hear that your Tribeca sofas have begun to peel. We would really like the opportunity to look into your purchase and assist with this. Would it be possible to email me your purchase and contact details? My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Look forward to hearing from you soon. Regards Ryan and the Fantastic team

Fantastic furniture red sofa set

I bought a three seater, a two seater, a three seated with a chaise lounge in red and an ottoman in black in December 2013. they have all been peeling so badly with red flakes all over the floor. It was a big investment for me and I expected the sofas to last me for a long time. But they started peeling a few years ago and now they cannot be used at all. Sadly, the sofa itself is in good condition - it is only the covering material which is bad.

Date PurchasedDec 2013
Hi Sheela, I am sorry to hear that your Tribeca sofas have begun to peel. We would really like the opportunity to look into your purchase and assist with this. Would it be possible to email me your purchase and contact details? My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Look forward to hearing from you soon. Regards Ryan and the Fantastic teamThanks for the reply Ryan - sorry I saw it just now - did not expect anyone to answer! Sending you an email with the details. Thanks. Hope you will be able to help.

Starts disintegrating after 12mths!

This lounge has disappointed greatly. For $1200 (plus all the cleaning/maintenance products we purchased with it and used), we can't believe how badly it has disintegrated. From the reviews I have just come across,we are obviously not alone. We are also experiencing extreme peeling to the point where we are finding black pieces of material all through the house and the lounge looks like it is from a dump! We have actually purchased bean bags as we don't want to end up "wearing" little black bits of material when we get up.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Hi Ipal, I am sorry to hear that your sofa have begun to peel. We would really like the opportunity to look into your purchase and assist with this. Would it be possible to email me your purchase and contact details? My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Look forward to hearing from you soon. Regards Fiona and the Fantastic teamWell, the Manager did contact me but as I unfortunately no longer have the receipt I am unable to gain any compensation. Disappointing.Hi Ipal, I am sorry to hear that your sofas have begun to peel. We would really like the opportunity to look into your purchase and assist with this. Would it be possible to email me your purchase and contact details i.e. full Name, Date of purchase, Ph number at the time of purchase, store purchased from? My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Look forward to hearing from you soon. Regards Fiona and the Fantastic team

Leather peeling......un-stitching....4 couches down.....still no luck

Purchased two white 3 seater Tribeca couches from Fantastic Furniture in 2012.
When purchased these, the sales assistant claimed they were leather, which offered superior longevity, comfort and durability, which is why we spent $2000 on these couches.

Both experienced un-stitching/peeling, and we had them replaced by Fantastic within the 2 year warranty period (in Nov 2014).

The new Tribeca's started to peel again within two years, however I was no eligible (as these were replacements).
The replacements peeled a lot quicker, and so much more than the first set. Everytime someone sits, white snowflakes are on their pants and all over the floor.

Was actually googling how I can give these couches away for free when I came across this website funnily enough.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Tivoli 3 seater

Same as with other reviews. Bought 3pcs of 3 seater tivoli sofa. leather started having bubbles, cracks and peeling. Have returned 1 of them last yr and now experiencing same with 2nd sofa. Not a good value for money. 2.5 yrs and worn out already. Very disappointing. Worst with last warranty claim the Prospect store is asking me to pay $50 which i refused to pay. Now i am waiting for this 2nd claim. I would be happy if they will exchange all so i wont be experiencing same stress again. Please remove this product in the market. This is totally not worth even half of the price.. Fantastic management can you review this product..

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Cracked pealing leather.

Purchased late 2013 for use in our study ie minimal use. Lounge was cared for with product purchased from Fantastic at time. Cushions have started to crack . We are very disappointed and would like something to be resolved.Have been in touch with local store, and although extremely pleasant with their response could not come up with a resolution. We purchased a lot of furniture from Fantastic for our new retirement home and are very satisfied with all the other products, but not this Tribeca 3 seater lounge.

Date PurchasedOct 2013
Hi Jenny, I am very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your sofa. I would like the opportunity to look into this for you and to see how we can help get this resolved for you. Would it be possible to email me your purchase and contact details? My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Ryan and the Fantastic team

Cushions peeling and fraying

Bought Tivoli sofa 3 seater in May 2015 to replace Kendal 3 seater bought in 2011 that perished in the same way. Seat cushions have peeled, split and now stuffing is coming through. Rest of sofa in good condition. It is used in a bedroom with average amount of use. The cushions are part of the sofa so can't be removed for upholstering. Very disappointed that sofa has disintegrated after 2 & 1/2 years.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Hi Lambsy, I am very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your sofa. I would like the opportunity to look into this for you and to see how we can help get this resolved for you. Would it be possible to email me your purchase and contact details? My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Ryan and the Fantastic teamUpdate on this review, Fantastic Furniture were absolute champions and acted on this issue immediately. They replaced the couch and kept me in the loop throughout. My advice, give them a call about any issue as they are more than fair and reasonable despite a lapse of warranty.Hi Lambsy, thank you very much for taking the time to share that update, we are really glad we were able to assist you and we really appreciate you sharing your experience. Kind regards Ryan and the Fantastic team

Peeling everywhere

We bought our modular in 2010 and it appears to be disintegrating before our eyes! We don't even use it but still it is peeling everywhere and it is such an embarrassment. We are so disappointed with this product. It is evident from all the reviews, dating back to purchases from 2010 onwards, that the material is faulty.

Date PurchasedMar 2010
Hi Clak4, I am sorry to hear that your Tribeca sofas have begun to peel. We would really like the opportunity to look into your purchase and assist with this. Would it be possible to email me your purchase and contact details? My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Look forward to hearing from you soon. Regards Ryan and the Fantastic teamHi Ryan. I have sent you an email with photographs attached. Thank you.

Seattle modular chaise

Hi, I bought a Seattle Modular Chaise in November 2014. The leather on the lounge has started cracking and peeling off the lounge. I paid $1200 for a lounge that has barely lasted three years. It has been well looked after and cleaned. I would have hoped it would last longer than this. I am highly disappointed with the quality of the lounge. I won't recommend this to anyone.

December 12th 2017 Update: Disappointed

We bought our modular in 2014. Very disappointed with this product as its peeling off from everywhere. This was occasionally used and looked after. I would have imagined this will last longer than this.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Is there a recall on the TriBeCa My 3 seater is out of warranty and peeling rapidly all of a sudden ?
Hi Tracy, thank you for contacting us regarding your Tribeca sofa. I am sorry that it has starting peeling and that it is out of warranty. The Tribeca range has been discontinued unfortunately. Would you be able to email me your purchase and contact details so that I can look into this for you? My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Nick and the Fantastic team.What exactly would be done, I purchased mine in Chullora on February 9th, 2014. Over the last years it is wearing everywhere skin or hair touch the couch regularly and then some extra in between cushions. Black leather bits and I'm always afraid the toddler will eat them.Hi there! The Chullora team would have to assess the issue based on the photos provided. We do address these on a case-by-case basis so you will just have to provide the details so it can be reviewed. My apologies for the inconvenience. Regards Nick and the Fantastic team.

Hi there, I'm planning to purchase tribeca 3 seater. Based on the review comments I feel like not purchasing this one (reference: http://www.productreview.com.au/p/fantastic-furniture-tribeca-3-seater/2.html) . Could anyone please advise if this sofa has been redesigned or still the same issue?
Hi Nags, thankyou for your question in regards to our Tribeca sofa. We have recently redesigned the cover of this sofa to a more durable PU fabric cover. We are confident with this product and offer a 3 year warranty on the cover and a 6 year warranty on the webbing and frame. I suggest visiting your local store to view the sofa in person. Regards Annie and the Fantastic Team.Thank you. How do I identify which one is new and which one is old? What if the local store gives me an old product? Please advise how do I deal with this? how can I identify that this is a redesigned model?

Our couches have a lot of pealing, it looks terrible. Can they be fixed? We had no idea that they would peal like this.
Hi Marls, I am very sorry to hear about peeling of your sofas. Would it be possible to email me your contact details and store of purchase so that we can have a further look into this for you? My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Frances and the Fantastic team