Fast Cover Travel Insurance - Comprehensive

Fast Cover Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Questions & Answers

Verified🏆 2024 Award
John
John · Travel Insurance - Comprehensive

Both my wife and I have had changes to our Hypertension medication during the past 6 months. I have letters from our GP indicating our fitness to travel. Do I need to submits these letters with our Travel Insurance Request?

Fast Cover Travel Insurance   DM

Hi John, Thank you for your enquiry.

Our policies provide cover for 43 Pre-Existing Conditions, subject to meeting specific criteria. One of these criteria is that your medications for the condition have remained unchanged for the past 6 months. You can find detailed information about our coverage for pre-existing medical conditions here Fast Cover PDS - 20 May 2023.pdf.

Based on your circumstances, we can still provide insurance for you. However, please note that any claim related to your Hypertension will not be covered since the criteria has not been met. We understand that you may have a fit-to-fly letter from your GP, and while we do not require it at the time you purchase your travel insurance, it is advisable to keep it with you in case you need to make any claims or provide additional documentation.

We understand the need for enhanced medical screening to address these situations. Although we do not have a confirmed date yet, we are actively working towards implementing these changes. If you would like to be notified when these updates are in place, please feel free to email us at info@fastcover.com.au with your contact details.

Thank you for considering Fast Cover for your travel insurance needs. If you have any further questions or require additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Emma.

John B.
John B. · Travel Insurance - Comprehensive

Mark
Mark

John, the first place I’d check is the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), that will clarify your legal position and what actions you need to take to comply with your insurance terms and conditions. If you get no satisfaction from the PDS, contact the company to get clarification.

Fast Cover Travel Insurance   DM

Hi John.B, Thanks for your enquiry.

Our policies cover 43 Pre-Existing Conditions provided the special criteria is met which includes 'Your medications for that condition have remained unchanged for the past 6 months.'
See: external link

Based on your circumstances we can still insure you, however any claim related to your Hypertension will not be covered as the special criteria has not been met.

We are hoping to conduct medical screening in the near future to combat these situations, however we do not have a guaranteed date as of yet. Feel free to message us at info@fastcover.com.au with your contact details if you would like to be notified when these changes are implemented.

Chai

Lily · Travel Insurance - Comprehensive

Hi team,I am very happy to buy insurance with Fastcover. However it doesn't allow me to purchase as I am not vaccinated.I don't understand why I can't, because nowadays even countries lifted restrictions on vaccination.And I saw some people with my own eyes who got heart disease after they got vaccination. A young boy in his twenties couldn't stand even for a few minutes after he got vaccination. He had to sit down most of the time as his heart beat very fast if he stood up and I tried to walk around to help him to get his products. I am not vaccined,but I am very healthy,never took any panadol or neurofen.Just wondering when Fastcover can allow unvaccinated people purchase insurance as Fastcover has such a high reputation in this industry.

Thank you very much.

Fast Cover Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Lily, Thank you for your interest in Fast Cover Travel Insurance and sharing your concerns about the vaccination requirement. We are actively working with our underwriters to review this policy, and it is looking positive. However, we don't have a specific date for when the changes will take effect.

We appreciate your patience and value your feedback. If you would like us to personally notify you once the changes regarding vaccination requirements are in effect, please let us know, and we will be more than happy to reach out to you directly.

Rola

Lily

Thank you very much for your prompt reply Rola.Much appreciated.I hope that day will come soon :)

I would like you to contact me once the new change takes effect.

Have a fantastic day.

Larry B
Larry B

So get vaccinated

Lily

20 year old boy got heart disease after he got vaccination and couldn't stand Even for a few minutes....

Naz
Naz · Travel Insurance - Comprehensive

Hi.
I have taken out comprehensive cover in January 2023 and I am due to travel in June 2023 Yet in April 2023 I was admitted to hospital and it was determined to be kidney stones . It seems this stone has passed naturally. Would this now be determined to be a pre existing condition?

Fast Cover Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Naz, Thank you for your enquiry!

Our policies cover a set list of 43 Pre-Existing Medical Conditions (https://help.fastcover.com.au/article/865-what-preexisting-medical-conditions-dont-you-cover). If it is not listed it means we would not be able to provide any cover for your condition and claims arising from or related to that specific pre-existing medical condition would not be covered.

Unfortunately, Kidney Stones is a type of pre-existing condition we cannot cover.

Provided that the medical conditions upon creating a quote does not apply to you, we can still issue you with a policy. You would still have provision to claim for all the other benefits including medical claims that are unrelated to your pre-existing condition.

I hope this helps! Please let us know if we can assist you further. Alternatively, please contact us on 1300 409 322.

Ashly

Tracey S · Travel Insurance - Comprehensive

I am travelling to France, Croatia (7 day cruise in Croatia) Istanbul (Going to Gallipoli and Salt Baths) Egypt (pyramids) Dubai stopover Bali then home to Australia. I want to be well covered as this is my first trip to Europe etc. What would be recommended as the best cover for me please or is there a contact number I can call and discuss?

Fast Cover Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Tracey, Thanks for your enquiry.

Feel free to call us on 1300 409 322 (Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm AEST) to discuss your travel plans and obtain a quote.

Please note, our Customer Service team can only provide general advise based on our PDS: external link

Kind regards, Chai

Great thanks for that.

Prashant
Prashant · Travel Insurance - Comprehensive

Does your policy cover COVID 19 illness during the land tour in Canada and USA and 7 days cruise of Inside passage in Alaska.?
Also does it cover missed flight fares and loss time or cost involved in catching up of pre planned tour in case of delayed flights? Thanks

Fast Cover Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Prashant, Thank you for your enquiry!

Yes, there is cover for:
- The reimbursement of the reasonable overseas emergency medical, hospital or medical evacuation expenses if you experience a medical emergency due to contracting COVID-19.
- Trip cancellation and disruption related to you contracting COVID-19 prior to your departure or whilst on your trip. This cover is not available on the Basics policy.

Cover is subject to the policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) (https://fastcover.com.au/Content/Documents/Fast%20Cover%20PDS-15-Aug-2022.pdf).

We hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any questions or require further assistance.

Ashly

Bella L. · Travel Insurance - Comprehensive

Is your destination covered? Insurers may not cover travel to destinations where Smartraveller advice levels are 'Do not travel' or 'Reconsider your need to travel'.
Does your destination require proof that you're insured for COVID-19 related medical expenses? For example, Singapore requires minimum coverage of SGD $30,000.
Are you covered for the full duration of your trip? For example, can you extend your cover if you end up stuck outside Australia for longer than planned due to a cancelled flight or travel ban?
Are stopovers on the way to your destination covered, and is there a restriction on the amount of time you can be at the stopover location? What happens if you remain stuck for an extended period of time?
Are you covered if you can't travel or your stay gets extended because you or your travelling companion test positive for COVID-19? What if you have to go into isolation due to being a close contact of someone who tested positive?
Are you covered for cancellation costs if your business partner or a relative back home gets sick with COVID-19 and you need to return earlier than planned?
What happens if you were going to stay with someone and they contract COVID-19, or your accommodation or tour company gets shut down because of COVID-19? Are your additional expenses covered?
If you're planning to go on a cruise, be extra careful as some travel insurers currently do not offer COVID-19 cover for multi-night cruises.
Some tour operators or airlines offer complimentary 'COVID insurance' when you book a ticket or tour with them. Complimentary 'COVID insurance' might only cover COVID-19 and nothing else. And it might be issued by an overseas insurance company, which means it will be subject to the regulations of that country. If that's the case, it probably isn't a good substitute for a comprehensive Australian travel insurance policy.
If you're an essential healthcare worker, including a pharmacist, nurse, doctor or paramedic, make sure you're covered if your leave gets cancelled due to a COVID-19 outbreak.

We will go Japan and Hong Kong

Fast Cover Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Bella, Thank you for reaching out to us.
To better assist you with your enquiry, would you kindy give us a call on 1300 409 322 or send us an email and provide your phone number and we can arrange a time that suits you to discuss your enquiry and our policy benefits in detail.
We look forward to hearing back from you soon =)
Kind Regards, Rola

jenny
jenny · Travel Insurance - Comprehensive

I’m a bit concerned all the good reviews people have not needed to claim on this policy and the bad review was someone trying to claim for lost baggage that happens regularly. Why is it not a straight forward claim? Even if the airport compensated this insurance is separate and they paid a fee to take out insurance ? Please explain

Fast Cover Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Jenny, Thanks for your question that's very relevant at the moment. We are unable to discuss individual claims for privacy reasons, but I can provide general advice around luggage cover and claims.

Airlines generally have a period of time that needs to pass until they will declare luggage lost. For many airlines this is between 21-45 days. Once luggage is declared lost, a traveller can be eligible for compensation from the airline and as they are the ones who lost any luggage, a traveller should seek compensation from them first. For us to process a claim, we request supporting documentation that travellers can obtain from an airline such as lost luggage report, compensation amounts paid or denied compensation requests. Once we have all the requested supporting information from airlines, we can process a claim.

Unfortunately airlines like many companies in the travel industry have been significantly affected by COVID-19. We understand the frustration travellers are having and the period of time they are waiting for airline replies. We certainly appreciate travellers persistence and patience dealing with the airlines to get the information to support their claims.

Kind regards, Craig

Vivaliciouschic · Travel Insurance - Comprehensive

Hi there, Regarding your Covid-Trip cancellation and rearrangement expenses.

1. What if the trip is paid in another currency? Given if I satisfy the criteria of the claim, would the pre-paid trip bookings (such as flights) be paid in AUD or the currency the tickets have been purchased with?

2. What if the trip cannot be rescheduled due to work commitment (annual leave booked for the trip period only) and must be cancelled? As you've mentioned on your PDS, that you will pay the lesser of cancellation or rescheduling. If rescheduling, what is the timeframe?

Thank you!

Fast Cover Travel Insurance   DM

Hi traveller, thank you for reaching out to us with your question about our COVID-19 cover.
In answer to your questions:
1. We will always pay your claim in Australian dollars to your nominated Australian bank account. The exchange rate that will apply is the rate on the date you paid for your trip.
2. If you are not able to reschedule your trip due to a work commitment, you should contact your travel provider to request a refund or credit for the payments that you've already made for your trip.
Hope this helps to clarify things for you, please let us know if you have any other questions with regards to our policies. Kind regards, Sally

Hi Sally,
Thank you for your response. Another thing as well, must the name on the invoice be attention to me (as this is paid by my parents)? However, on the invoice, I am listed as one of the passengers.

Kind Regards

Fast Cover Travel Insurance   DM

Hi traveller, thank you for your message. If you will be the person travelling and hence require cover for your trip, then the policy and invoice will be in your name, regardless of who paid for the travel insurance policy.
Hope this explains things for you, if not, please reach out to us again, or give us a call on 1300 409 322, Monday to Friday, 9-5pm Sydney time, and we'd be happy to answer any further questions that you've got. Kind regards, Sally

Cherie
Cherie · Travel Insurance - Comprehensive

Below it states that the maximum age of cover is 89 years yet when I put my husbands age of 69 he was unable to be insured. Have you changed your age policy and if so why?
Kind regards
Cherie

Fast Cover Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Cherie, We have recently launched cover for COVID-19 and can currently only provide this international cover up to the age of 65. This will change throughout the year as travel returns more to normal and the impact of COVID-19 on global health systems reduces. Regards, Craig

JEB2021
JEB2021 · Travel Insurance - Comprehensive

We are looking at booking a trip to Seminyak, Bali in August for 6 days. Myself female (42 yrs), my husband (48yrs) and our daughter (4yrs). Would the comprehensive cover and the Optional Covid-19 pack cover us for Covid related issues around illness or cancelled flights, fees associated with rescheduled flights, etc?
Thanks,
Jane

Fast Cover Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Jane, We aren't currently providing cover for Bali but this will likely change in the coming weeks.

When we do and for other countries we currently cover, we've recently launched COVID-19 Benefits (fastcover.com.au/covid-19-travel-insurance) on all our policies. COVID-19 cover is no longer optional (we are working with Product Review to update this information on their website).

Our Comprehensive policy provides Unlimited Medical Cover and up to $5,000 per adult for COVID-19 Cancellation and Disruption if anyone listed on the certificate contracts COVID-19 and you can't travel or the trips disrupted, for additional flight and accommodation expenses.

Craig

Brennan T.
Brennan T. · Travel Insurance - Comprehensive

I am planning to travel to US in July, 2022 and hoping to stay there for 3-4 years for a Exchange Visitor (J1) visa. Can Fast Cover travel insurance be able to cover me for that duration?

Fast Cover Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Brennan, Fast Covers travel insurance isn't designed for such long durations so we would not be able to provide cover. You may wish to search for expat insurance. Kind regards, Craig.

Mark nicholls
Mark nicholls · Travel Insurance - Comprehensive

Will I get a policy sent to me

Fast Cover Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Mark, thanks for letting us know. Sometimes our policy emails end up in peoples Junk or Spam inbox, however I have resent your policy certificate to the email address on your policy. Please reach out to us again if you are having continued problems. You can also view or download a copy of your certificate at any time by logging into our website: external link . If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact us! Happy travelling!
Kind regards, Margretta

Get an answer from our members and Fast Cover Travel Insurance representatives

Select a listing for your question
Fast Cover Travel Insurance - Comprehensive

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Fast Cover Travel Insurance - Comprehensive is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023 and 2022. Learn more

Visit Official Website