Fat Prophets

Fat Prophets (page 3 of 3)

2.3

Andrew

AndrewBribie Island

Great until you want to end your subscription

Great WM division with excellent managed portfolios!

I got in touch with the wealth management team at Fat Prophets after subscribing to their research and after making some gains on a few of their recommendations like EVN GOR SAR, TPG VOC and MFG. It got a little bit too much after the correction in february and march so I decided to let the team take control of my investment capital + Savings.
I got invested into the Global shares portfolio and Asian portfolio - needless to say its going great.
I can log into their platform at any time and can also access my portfolio from my phone. Its a great product.

Got conned, switched to their competitor

SpydahSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fat Prophets or fat con-artists

Milt

Milt

Terrible

After joining received nothing even after many phone calls don’t bother with them. They drop the price to join until they suck you in.

Sub-par

Checked out a trial via a special offer on the web, which had a lot of older reports which seemed ok, which was followed up by a lot of constant phone calls from sales. Eventually, I signed up, but regret it since.

Most of the content seems old, and there are no clear recommendations.... NO content in the 'New recommendations' area. All I see is a weekly roundup and general market news that I can get anywhere. Not happy. It is still early January, so maybe they are slow over the Christmas period, but I'm paying for up-to-date recommendations and research I'm not getting my money's worth.

I've also tried Motley Fool, and if you can put up with the spam, their service otherwise craps all over them.

Not worth the subscription

Subscribed. Not value for me . Will not subscribe again. They reported what success they had , but failed to inform the subscriber of the opportunity they saw until after they had been so successful. Would have been appropriate to inform subscribers so they could have invested and gained benefit of their knowledge before they made their profit and told how cleaver their decisions were. Too little information too late.

Can do better

Was contacted by unsolicited phone call and declined offer. Further unsolicited calls resulted in offer being discounted or other benefits eg. extended subscription time. After seven calls finally agreed Started with programme and found excessive and irrelevant information eg. UK and USA IPOs and M & As as well as international mining reports resulting in wasted time and confusion. Phoned to cancel subscription to be told trial time had expired actually, 2 days over. After written correspondence and phone calls which had great difficulty in getting any response and final result no refund and now have useless subscription with numerous e mails cluttering up computer. Suggest avoid or extreme care and diligence.

Great Service With support as well

I read some reviews prior to posting and can’t believe some of the negative comments.
I must say my Account Managers of over 3 years Edward is great. Every time I call
Or email I get a timely response that has not only been profitable but he saved me a fortune
Avoiding stocks like SGP WOW and buying stocks like MNF and HUB. I’ve made consistent
Double digit gains since 2014

Find out how Fat Prophets compares to other Financial Planning Services

Better results than i expected.

Gave fat prophets a go, even though i had read some poor reviews. i must say i wasn't overly excited to begin with but i was given a good deal and so far every stock recommendation i have taken has performed quite well. cant complain.

Good returns

Being a member for 5 years their service is clear concise and good. I have picked up many good stocks which have performed well South32, BHP, Collins Foods, and others worth the money I pay

March 16th 2017 Update: Contrarian Fund

Fat Prophets launches their Gloabal Contrarian Fund which I bought into. Looks like it was a big success from what heard with fund being very well supported looking forward to watching this space and the performance of the fund. Being a long term subscriber looking forward to good performance here

Won't answer emails

I've been with FatProphets for 1 year. I used to get bombarded with stock reports that I find difficult to understand and found it hard to stop receiving these unwanted emails. If you're a day trader you probably won't need these anyway. They have me marked down for the wrong subscription, despite emails no one has called or changed my subscription status. They won't even get in touch to conduct my pre-paid yearly review. They only seem interested in getting money out of me rather than providing a service. I'm going to write to the Financial Services Ombudsman. Would not recommend this firm.

JoeSuckedIn
JoeSuckedIn

a

John E

John EDavidson NSW

Terrible!!!

These people are only after your money. They put on internet seminars recommending stocks, which information is available with a bit of research. If you attend the seminar they think they can call you when ever they like to try a sales tactic on you. I demanded that they remove my information from their data base and still got calls so take care if you should be tempted. Do your own research.

Thinking about joining fat prophets DON'T

Signed up to Fat Prophets, but couldn't get my money back even when they were legally obliged to do so. This business has been reprimanded by the authorities for inflating their returns in advertising material. Still not convinced then never accept the first offer or the second as they will keep dropping the price. Their sales reps are on commission so they are only interested in making a sale not your interests. Always get the terms in writing as they will change them from what is promised over the phone and don't worry about it being a one time offer, they will call, again and again and again. After all that is how they make their money. If the recommendations were that good wouldn't they be doing it themselves?

Avoid - Boiler Room

I tried to engage with Fat Profits to use their service, they have a very 'hard sell' feel about them. When I asked for evidence of their performance claims (i.e. I asked to see the Audit report on their performance that they talk about) the Account Manager hung up the phone and I never heard from him again. Do your research before getting involved. I have started using the Eureka report instead (I do not work for or have any association with them).

Steve P

Steve P

Fat Prophets = HARASSMENT BOILER ROOM

After signing up online for a free "Webinar" I was BOMBARDED with phone calls and emails with the aim to sign me up to their expensive news letters. When I told their phone spruiker that I was not interested in buying anything or receiving any more phone calls he hung up in my ear!!!
Do you want some good financial advice? STAY AWAY FROM FAT PROPHETS!!!

Inverter