Feast Watson

Shocking

4 times and a fortune later and still cant get a good finish after following instructions perfectly!!! This product is definitely not worth the hassle!!!

Sque

SqueLismore

Dishonest product

Three times I have tried using it . First time a year ago on a bench, next two times in a kitchen. I tried using the recommended sealer on two of these uses. Once direct onto timber. Each time the results were the same a very uneven and pitted finish. Regardless of using a torch. This product is not fit for purpose and expensive. I see other have wtitten articles of praise. Maybe its possible some of the product is contaminated. My experience , steer well clear, and buy a two pack fibreglass clearcoat instead. More reliable

squibcakes

squibcakesQLD, 4154

Amazingly simple to use - really nice finish

We bought this product to finish a soft piece of cedar mounted on knee wall in the entrance to office.

The instructions were easy to follow - seal timber with clear varnish, then clean properly with metho to remove finger prints etc. Mix both bottles and stir well for few minutes.

Applied to timber and used blow torch to remove bubbles.

The resin set hard overnight and finish is just like glass - so smooth and clear. Perhaps some very minor ripples in finish if you look across the surface at low angle. It doesn't add any colour tint to the final finish either.

Very happy with the finish - so I don't know why so many people have issue with their finish.

Follow the instructions

I used Glass Finish on some small wood slices to make two trophies. Absolutely thrilled with the result - came out as good as I hoped it would. All I can say is follow instructions carefully and measure accurately. I sealed my surface prior to application with Proof Coat and then placed the emblem/decoration in place on the wood then applied glass finish.
Professional finish first time.
What more can I say?

Kmj.customs.

Kmj.customs.Newcastle

Absolutely superb product

Box

BoxPerth

Absolute Garbage

Bought this to finish a lighter but nicely figured piece of wood. Spent ages preparing wood before applying this. Used high quality brush. This stuff goes on like tar, uneven finish and colour. A complete waste of my time and effort. Avoid this garbage at all costs. I'd give it no stars if I could

Awful purple-pink tinge in walnut wood stain

Awful, horrible, waste of money. Patch tested and seemed okay so used on a larger part of my project. Turned the cabinet a horrible puce (think browny- purple-pink) colour. Tried to remove with metho most of the brown came away, left the cabinet pinky coloured. Have to sand off and retain with something else. I hope what ever I buy next can cover it up.

Glass Finish - Epoxy is an ok product if you prepare properly

It's always easy to blame the product. I do a lot of woodcraft including redgum natural edge desks, coffee tables and other various items. I have used this product many times and have had no issues. I live in Ballarat - Victoria where the temperature can be all over the place - hot, cold and that's usually a factor when setting up to apply epoxy. I have never has issues with this product - as my preparation and application were done correctly. Jack from Ballarat.
Looks good when applied correctly
Doesn't come in larger volumes.

Very dissapointing

Was advised by 2 different bunnings stores to use this product to apply onto travertine table,was skeptical but trusted them , applied to perfectly clean and sanded italian travetine dining table .I stood around with small blowtorch to [suffocate ] the ridiculous amont of bubbles forming on the surface ,needless to say was not succesfull ! will have to strip and redo with something else , do not waste your money on this [censored word removed]!!! I have used many 2 part epoxy and urethane finishes in the past with success ,this stuff is no good

Constantly bubbling ,would not tack off for ages ,then all of a sudden just skinned of will all these huge bubbles in it

bonbon1977