Felix Mobile

Felix Mobile Questions & Answers (page 2)

Verifiedfelixmobile.com.au
James K
James K

Hi Is there anyway of trying before buying or I would have to front up the $35 to see if all good in my area ?

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey James, if you're keen you can sign up with the code FELIX to grab your first month free! Hopefully you love the service and we can see you stick around for the long run :)
- Michael from the felix Care team

Joshua
Joshua

Hi i want to buy the unlimited data option and use it with a dongle is this possible to do on my laptop?

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Joshua, you're good to hotspot from your phone to your personal devices, such as your laptop when needed, but felix can't be used in a modem (or similar), as a home internet replacement or as a hotspot for other people’s devices. You can find some more info on this here: external link
- Michael from the felix Care team

Perrett
Perrett

I wold like to use Felix for data roaming internationally. How much data do I get for $A20? What is the renew process if I am overseas and need data topup

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Perrett! Thanks for reaching out. For $20 our International Roaming pack includes 100min of standard calls, 100 standard SMS and 4GB of data at speeds up to 20Mbps for us in over 40 countries worldwide. If you're overseas and you need to add another pack, you can do that all via your app. You can check out more info (as well as what countries you can use it in here - external link
- Emalie, felix Care team

John B
John B

Do i need to take out my current SIM card to use the esim

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey John, once you've switched your number to felix and set up your eSIM, then your old SIM needs to be removed from your phone. Leaving it in can cause issues. Hope this helps!

Angel
Angel

Has anyone else had problems with getting there sms to switch numbers? I have been waiting for 2 days.

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Angel, that doesn't sound like a great experience at all! If you're having issues with the switch please chat to the team via live chat in the felix app and we'd be more than happy to look into this. We're online and ready to help every day.
- Jake, felix Care team

Russ
Russ

I currently have iiNet mobile which I believe piggy backs also off Vodafone, does this mean I will get the exact same speeds and coverage with you?

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Russ, as felix uses the Vodafone 3G/4G network your experience with coverage will likely be the same although we can't guarantee this for a few reasons. Our speeds are offered at up to 20Mbps, whereas other providers may differ slightly with speeds or how they use the network, which could mean a different experience.

You can always give us a shot though and use the promo code FELIX to get your first month free! Chat to us via the felix app if you have any Qs, the team are online and ready to help every day.
- Jake, felix Care team

David B.
David B.

Hi why does the internet not work while on a call. If I hangup then all the emails and notifications come through after the call?

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey David! Hmm, it sounds like your device may not have VoLTE turned on. When VoLTE is off, your device will automatically switch over to the 3G network during phone calls, which can run a bit slower. Feel free to reach out via our app or website if you need a handing turning it on :)
- Emalie, team felix

Carly B.
Carly B.

Hi..I currently use my phone data to Chromecast to my tv. Can i do the same with my felix sim/account?

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Carly! felix is for mobile use only and can't be used to hotspot to certain devices in your home (like TVs or gaming consoles). You can check out more info on that via our Fair Use Policy here (https://flx.mobi/49gfk6STZob) or feel free to let us know if you have any other Qs. You can chat to us via our app or website at any time!
- Emalie, team felix

Laini H.
Laini H.

I haven't got a unlocked phone. Are you going to charge me again? I haven't unlocked the Sim.

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Laini! If your phone is network locked to another provider, you'll just need to contact them for unlocking before it can be used with felix :)
Renewals only start once you've activated, but if you already have, you can pause your service so it doesn't renew from the felix app's Settings page.
If you have any questions about your account, feel free to chat with us via your felix app at any time! We're online and ready to help every day.
- Corey, felix Care team

Alex
Alex

I can't log into my email I use try to reset it lots of time nothing my money been taken out, I don't even know if I'm using your service at the moment on esim ,I'm not sure if I'm still with my current optus help,me out please,

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey AX, so sorry to hear you're having issues with your felix log in and eSIM. We'd be more than happy to look into this with you and see what's gone wrong. Please message us via the felix app or website so the team can help. You don't need to be logged in to chat to us. We're online 8am-8pm M-F and 9am-6pm weekends, Sydney time.

Andrew P.

Im on a fixed income and it can be very difficult making sure x dollars are available, from what im reading dd Is mandatory,.will i be able to get two weeks grace if the dd fails? Or even a two week extension on the bill?

Ah its like prepaid, ok worst case, the dd bounces, im instantly disconnected, how quickly can i get money to you guys and reactivated, assuming it happens at 2am, and i have a gf or mother hat payids me enough, can i just use the app to watch reruns of the Batchelor within the hour?
Can ppl get removed for just watching netflix? Like a lot?? Obviously on their phone???

dan

This is a not like a regular telco, it’s a subscription, if you pay it then good, but if you don’t no data

Andrew P.

Thanks man, it took me some time to post this q, and i did work this out from other replies, still as the edits show i am rather an expert in banks and overdrawing accounts. Is it a 28 day sub? Is anyone more expert and able to tell me how long till the switcg you back on.

Also ... you cant keep your phone number? This is surely not a regular telco. You can get it back after an unknown process plays out though right? So itsvlike telco classic, old school, no school like it

dan

no its 30 days, and its run on the vodaphone network, and yes you can keep your number, but felix will not allow special exceptions and payment terms like vodaphone, optus or telstra might.

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Andrew, thanks for taking the time to reach out! We know life happens, so our system is automatically designed to give you an extra 2 days to pay if you need it.

Due to this, you'll still have full service until 11.59pm Sydney time two days after your renewal date. Your service will then become only incoming calls and texts + emergency calls like 000 until you're able to pop into the app and pay for your subscription.
You can restart your subscription at any time - it's not limited to the hours where we're online.

Our subscription is 1 calendar month and will automatically renew on the same day each month unless you pause or cancel your subscription. You can absolutely switch your number over to felix if you'd like. You can check out more info on that here (https://flx.mobi/e57woE9TZob) or feel free to send us a message via the app or our website if you have any other Qs. We're online and ready to help everyday!
- Emalie

Hanna

You advertise speed UP TO 20Mbps but I still need to know is it closer to 20Mbps or 5Mbps? I rely on my data for everything, don't have any other internet . Can I watch movies on Amazon Prime?

Caeper
Caeper

Hi Hanna, I only signed up a week ago. Personally, I haven't had any problems streaming Netflix, YouTube, Disney+ etc.
I have speed tested the connection and I got 19Mbps both download and upload.
That being said, it does depend on how good Vodafone's service is in your area.
I live in Grantville Victoria, which is regional. And so far I haven't experienced any problems.
Hope this helps

Hanna

Thank you Caeper, that's what I want to hear. I am in good area in Sydney, Vodafone has good cover here so I will probably be ok. I'm on good deal with other provider but have limited data, only 100GB. I don't want to switch and then be sorry.

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Hanna, we'll always give you as close as possible to 20Mbps at any time. It's kind of hard to pinpoint the speed you may get as it can depend upon a whole range of factors such as device capabilities, location and obstructions, network congestion, and coverage.

You can absolutely stream movies on your phone and hotspot to your personal devices, such as your laptop when needed! It just can't be used as a home internet replacement or as a hotspot for other people’s devices.

If you have any questions, you can reach us via live chat on our website or the felix mobile app. We're online every day to help out!
- Corey from the Care team

Brad W.
Brad W.

Hi

Do you have the option to change your number yet?

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Brad! We currently don't have a way to change your number on an existing felix account, I'm so sorry. It's absolutely something I can see being handy, so I'll make sure to flag your interest with the team.
No dramas though, we can absolutely help out here, we'll just get you set up under a new account for your peachy new number instead. Feel free to jump into chat with us if you're keen, we'll be able to walk you through it every step of the way.

Josie
Josie

Hi can a blank sim be used with this plan?

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Josie! You'll need a felix SIM to use our service. When you sign up you can choose between either an eSIM or a physical SIM card. With an eSIM compatible device, you can activate it within minutes, otherwise our physical SIMs are sent express via Aus Post and generally take 1-3 business days to arrive.

Marco P.
Marco P.

i put my card details through twice. said the card wasnt accepted but the transactions went through twice. so will i be receiving my sim or not?

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Marco, really sorry to hear that. We definitely can help out here, we'll just need to confirm some info with you via live chat so we can check out exactly what's happened. Feel free to chat with us at any time, we're online every day.
- Emalie

Jname

If i signup using the code JM00586 I get a free month right using $35 credit?

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey there! If you sign up using a referral code, both you and the person who referred you with score a $35 credit on your accounts once your SIM has been activated. You can check out more info here: external link

Michelle S.
Michelle S.

May I know if it’s possible to connect a hotspot to my iPad from my iPhone under Felix Mobile? Thank you!

Jname

Yes it is I hotspot often if you use the code JM00586 you get a free month to try.

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Michelle, hotspotting to your personal devices when out and about is totally fine. Just keep in mind that felix is a personal mobile phone plan and can't be used as a replacement for home internet or as a hotspot for other peoples devices. You can read up more in our fair use policy here: external link

Robyn Jordan
Robyn Jordan

Does the $20 for roaming a fixed fee for max of 365 days ?

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Robyn! For just $20, each International Roaming pack comes with 100 standard min of calls, 100 standard SMS messages and 4GB of data at speeds up to 20Mbps. Each pack is valid for up to 365 days, and you can add on as many as you need and stack your inclusions.
You can check out more info on our International Roaming pack here: external link

Sushisnake
Sushisnake

Hi Felix. One of the many fleeing one of the greedy triplets, specifically the new Humpty Dumpty prepaid postpaid “Upfront” mobile plan one and very interested in what you’re offering. Torn between you and Moose, right now.
Quick question. My Visa /Mastercard’s been hacked a couple of times in the past few months, causing me to report the card as lost/stolen, then I wait around for the new card to turn up, which has messed some of my direct debits up pretty thoroughly each bloody time, as you can imagine. The one payment method exempt from this PITA is Apple Pay. Do you offer Apple Pay as a direct debit option?
I’m really hoping you say yes so I’d never have to worry about a Felix direct debit bouncing because another effing hacker inconvenienced my life yet again. Wish hackers would get a life and find something better to do. ( sigh)

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Sushisnake. Really sorry to hear that you've had such a rough go :( At felix, we don't yet offer Apple Pay and therefore require APRA approved cards (this is a regulatory body) or cards from credit licensees issued by ASIC as your payment card is how we verify your identity (instead of running a credit check or similar).
Each month when your subscription renews, your card is direct debited. Completely understand the hassle when a card is either lost or stolen and you need to wait on new ones, however we don't have alternate payment options at this stage.
Rest assured, if you ever found yourself in a position where that happened to you again (fingers crossed it never does), all you need to do is chat to the team and we'll see what we can do to help. You can find out more with the link below, and reach out to the team there also if you have any questions!
external link

Jname

You should definitely try it, if you use code: JM00586 you get a free month to try.

Gavin L.
Gavin L.

Hotspot allows other devices to connect to the internet through the mobile phone (G4) network. Other devices include computers. Is there a chance the amount of data a computer moves across the network (uploading/downloading videos) would saturate the Felix bandwidth?

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Gavin. felix is designed to be used as a personal mobile phone plan. You can absolutely hotspot to your personal devices, such as your laptop when needed, but felix can't be used in a modem or similar, as a home internet replacement or as a hotspot for other people’s devices.

Unfortunately, we wouldn't be able to offer an unlimited mobile data plan at speeds of up to 20Mbps if customers were using it to connect high GB activity like home internet.

You can find out more with our fair use policy below, or reach out to us via the felix app or website if you have any more Qs! external link

Get an answer from our members and Felix Mobile representatives

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Felix Mobile is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2023, 2022.