Felix Mobile

Felix Mobile Questions & Answers (page 3)

Verifiedfelixmobile.com.au
Cheryl K.
Cheryl K.

Has anyone added the international roam to your Felix plan? Would love to hear how you found it.

Sick ofpoorlife products

Why do you keep claiming people are not to use your Felix network like a home internet plan?

It doesn't matter whether I use another device vs my phone to download data off the internet, I'm still using thr same amount of data at the end of the day, so why do you keep repeating that your Felix network/plan "with unlimited data" is not designed to replace home internet - Or in my case, my mobile which sometimes gets used as a hotspot to download data or update a game???

Please explain why people are not to use your "unlimited internet plan" to replace their home internet if they're not downloading more than they normally would and don't "beat around the bush" with your answer please.

Hugh McGarry

I suspect that it is to avoid clogging up their (Vodafone) back haul 4G network with some people downloading massive amounts of data.

Sick ofpoorlife products

I suspect that's the case, but to advertise as having unlimited data and the to proceed to claim people can't use that "unlimited data" to use is a bit pathetic.

Wouldn't you agree Hugh? That's why a cap would make sense vs claiming unlimited data.

It doesn't matter if I'm downloading huge things on my phone vs on my laptop, Xbox, plays Tatiana or similar since it's all the same data at the end of the day is it not??

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Hates, Thanks for reaching out. felix is designed for use in a mobile phone only. Unfortunately, we wouldn't be able to offer an unlimited mobile data plan at speeds of up to 20Mbps if customers were using it to connect high GB activity like home internet.
- Brittany from the Care team

How can I pay b4 my due date

Narda
Narda

Can use the Felix app

Kelly w.

I'm on the app. It's set up every 30 days to automatically but was wondering how can I pay b4 the due date

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey there, Kelly and Narda. Although you can't pay early, felix is a month to month pre-paid subscription, so your renewal date is on the same day every month. Your renewal will go through automatically at around 11:59pm on your renewal date (unless you switch your number to another provider, pause, or cancel beforehand). If you have any credit in your felix wallet, this will automatically be deducted from your renewal amount.

- Scotty from the Care team

Tom S.
Tom S.

Is felix network reception in Brunswick, victoria 3056?

Felix Mobile   DM

Hiya Tom! Have a squiz at our coverage map below, or chat to us in the felix app if you need a hand!
external link

Ross B.
Ross B.

can i have 2 different numbers on the 1 account

Hquinny

That im not sure of.. I only have the one..

Tabitha
Tabitha

You can have multiple sim cards and numbers with/transfered to Felix however seperate accounts/logins for each one they are not yet like some telco where they can combine the numbers to one/family account however they do allow apps like parallel and multiple accounts so you are able to have two or three Felix apps on your device/s to keep track of your billing and usage hope this helps and also there are help articles as well

Felix Mobile   DM

Hi there, we're only set up to have one number per account. If you'd like more than one number with us, you can definitely have multiple accounts under the same details (just with a different email address). Hope this helps!

Peta
Peta

Hi,
I have 2 phones, Huawei P30 Lite and Vivo Y33s. Am I able to use the Felix Sim on these phones?
I notice that on the approved list of devices, there is Huawei P30, but not P30 Lite. Is there a difference?

Also, what is the fair use policy on data? How many GB a month is maximum before considered to be breaching the fair use policy?

Thank you.

Jugni
Jugni

Hello I just signed up so not sure but the team there are super lovely, efficient & really easy to chat with them on the app. They would answer your questions for sure. Good luck!

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Peta! Thanks for reaching out. Mobile phones on our approved are guaranteed to be compatible with the frequencies and spectrum of the cell towers we use here at felix. Although our SIM may work in other mobile phones, and you're welcome to use those you've mentioned, we may be limited when it comes to helping you through any issues on your device relating to the SIM, our felix app, or the service itself.
We don't have a data limit that we're looking out for as such, but out Fair Use Policy talks to a few scenarios where usage would go beyond what would be reasonable for a personal mobile service. Here's the link: external link
- Gigi from the Care team

SK97

I am getting only 7.3Mbps data download speed and 1.8 Mbps upload speed on Felix Mobile. Is this normal?

Nick
Nick

That’s not super speedy but definitely not abnormal, depends on the coverage where you live.

Check the coverage for your location here; if it’s still bad and you are in a 4G indoors area you may have to consider environmental factors, are you indoors or outdoors etc and what is the building comprised of if indoors, a steel frame house solid concrete for example is not ideal.

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey SK97, Nick's on the money there - quite a lot of factors can be impacting your speeds with felix. Our coverage checker is a good place to start, otherwise jump into chat with the team and we'll do our best to help out.
We've also popped a reply to your previous question in your last post :slightly_smiling_face:

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey there! The speeds you see can depend upon a whole range of factors such as device capabilities, location and obstructions, network congestion, and coverage. We'll always give you as close as possible to 20Mbps at any time depending on your location and the above factors.
Feel free to chat with our team through the felix app so we can make sure you're connecting as best you can.
- Gigi from the Care team

SK97

Thanks for your response. I will check my phone settings to see whether the speed could be improved.

Gypsy P.
Gypsy P.

Hi with such an amazing deal for mobile phones and soooo many asking the same question about using as home internet, I’m wondering if providing a home internet option will be on the cards for Felix in the near future? I’m pretty sure all can agree that pre paid internet (even data on mobile phones) is ridiculously over priced compared to a plan. It would be rad to see a fantastic company such as yours, give all the mega companies a run for their money (or data) in this department. And would also help so many people doing it tough money wise.

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Gypsy! So great to hear you're loving what felix is doing when it comes to personal mobile phone plans. As for home internet options, never say never. However we currently don't have any plans to branch out in this direction yet. I'll make sure the right eyes see your suggestion though!

Hugh McGarry

I"m very impressed with Felix and particularly their international roaming package but then I saw they don't include Malta on the list of countries!! I'm gutted. That's where I'm going.

Why? Malta has a big diaspora in Australia and its also included in all EU roaming packages that I'm aware of. Please add it in!

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Hugh, thanks for the feedback, I've passed your request for Malta to be added to the Roaming plan onto our team.

P.S: Try to get to the Blue Lagoon, it's the bluest water I've ever seen! - Michael from the Care team

Uday M.
Uday M.

Hi there team Felix
Can you recommend a good 4G modem/router that I could use with the Felix unlimited 20/20 data SIM?

Felix Mobile   DM

Hi Uday, the felix SIM is designed to be used in a mobile phone device only, and using in a modem or router goes against our fair use policy. If you're after a data solution for a modem or router, then unfortunately we may not be the right match for you :(... You can check up on our approved device's list here - external link

- Michael from the Care team

Misha O.
Misha O.

Hi am am coming to Australia in a couple of weeks and need an eSIM for my device to keep me covered whilst i am there, I have an esim compatible phone, just wondering how seemless the process will be as i will need it pretty much as soon as I get off the plane, and what is the minimum term you have to be on contract for? From my research it seems prepaid eSIM service is virtually non-existent in Australia. thanks

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Misha, It must be so exciting to be travelling! Getting an eSIM set up generally takes a matter of minutes.

Once you land, to sign up and activate a felix service on eSIM, you'll need the following:

* a wifi connection or data/hotspot
* an eSIM compatible device (which it sounds like you have)
* a payment card issued by authorised deposit-taking institutes (approved by APRA, the Australian Prudential Regulatory Authority), or from credit Licensees with an active licence issued by ASIC (Australian Securities and Investment Commission). This is super important as it's how we verify your identity.

Also, we don't have any lock in contracts - so you can stay as long or as little as you need.

I hope this helps!

snowie K.
snowie K.

Hello so I'm thinking of switching over to your unlimited data plan because I'm about to be homless and need reliable internet I'll be living in a van was wondering will it work on my PS4 for streaming and twitch and my Chromecast I have another phone with a different provider I use for hotspoting Frends so always personal devices also is it really unlimited lol sorry for silly question seems a bit to good to be tru

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Snowie! We just have one simple plan: $35/month for unlimited calls, text and (yep!) data up to speeds of 20Mbps (20Mbps is more than enough to stream HD!) for use in Aus.
Unfortunately, as it sounds like you're after a home internet solution to connect all your devices to, felix may not be right for you.
For unlimited scrolling on your mobile phone though, feel free to use code FLX8 for your first month free (ends on 31/3/22)
If you have any questions, hop on live chat with us either on our website or the felix mobile app. We have humans online every day to help out :)
- Corey from the Care team

Yew K.
Yew K.

what is the international roaming usage charge rates, while using in the USA?

Cliff M.
Cliff M.

International Roaming
Add-on to your felix plan
$20
4GB of data at speeds up to 20Mbps
100 standard international minutes in calls
100 standard international SMS
Valid for 365 days
Available in over 40 selected countries
Buy another pack at any time in the app
Share your favourite moments and stay connected to family and friends when you are overseas with our International Roaming pack. It's available for use in over 40 selected countries and the best bit is, it lasts for a whole year! These countries may vary, so check our list below before you travel.

20Mbps is great for streaming HD video and music, scrolling and sharing to your socials, and using cloud storage. Very large files may be slow to load. For more info about what you can or can't do at speeds of 20Mbps, see our Data Speed Guide.

How do I add this?

You'll be able to add International Roaming to your felix plan any time in the felix app once you're an active customer.

If you run out of the included data, minutes or text, simply add another $20 International Roaming pack. If you don’t add International Roaming, you can still connect to wifi while overseas and you’ll even receive texts for free. With felix, you won’t get surprise roaming charges.

Countries may vary but presently include:

Austria

U.K.

U.S.A.

Vanuatu

Vietnam

For more information head to our Critical Information Summary.

Some things you should know:

We figure you won’t be roaming the world all year round, so we’ve made this a one-off purchase and not something that recurs. We’ve also excluded premium, video, special and overseas free phone numbers. We’ve picked countries we know are popular to roam to, but that means unfortunately you can’t use the add-on when roaming in countries outside the selected countries listed above, which may vary.

How to switch to felix
1. Download the felix app or continue on the web to sign up
Sign up to the $35/mth plan in your felix app, or here on the web. Don’t worry, your plan won’t actually start until you activate your SIM, so you won’t lose any days.

2. Order your SIM with free express delivery
3. Activate your SIM in the app
$35/month
Download on App StoreDownload on App Store
Get it on Google PlayGet it on Google Play
Or sign up on the web
About our plan
Int'l Roaming FAQs
How do I add International Roaming?
Terms + Conditions

Network |
Terms and Policies
© 2021 TPG Telecom Limited (ABN 76 096 304 620) trading as Felix Mobile

Felix Mobile   DM

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out. Cliff is right! Our roaming pack costs $20 and gives you 4GB of data with speeds up to 20Mbps, 100 standard minutes of calling and 100 standard texts to use in over 40 countries (including the US!) in a 365 day period :blush:
You can find more info about this on our helpsite here ( external link  ) and you can chat to us from there if you can't find what you need!

angela j.
angela j.

I have an android tv can my Felix hotspot play Netflix on my tv?

Cameron K.
Cameron K.

Yes it works and loads well for me. Try it see what happens. Hope this helps with your question

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey guys! felix is intended to be used as a personal mobile phone plan. You can hotspot to your own devices such as a laptop when needed, but it isn’t a replacement for home internet or a data source for other people. Have a squiz at our fair use policy if you have any more questions about how you can use your service. external link

Razzor Bladz

read the fair use. it is unlimited data @ 20mbps for 1 person to use on their personal devices. and the sim must stay in a phone. it is totally a replacement for home internet for 1 person. in a household of more than one person it should be recommended that each person buys a Felix sim as hot spotting to other people is not allowed

Ronnie
Ronnie

Would I be able to hotspot to my Xbox and download updates on felix?

Felix Mobile   DM

Hi Ronnie - felix is designed for use in a mobile phone, rather than as a constant data source powering up devices such as an xbox. Whilst you can tether to personal devices from time to time, felix can't be used in a modem or as a replacement to home internet. Hope this helps!
-Scotty from the Care team

Razzor Bladz

your claim is unlimited calls text and data up to 20mbps. and can only be hot spotted to personal devices. there is no "from time to time" in the contract. as I read it and as the ACCC would read it it is unlimited data for 1 person which may be hot spotted to their personal devices quote "unlimited" so for a person living by them selves it is totally a replacement for home internet. your statement is in fact saying that it is limited without stating what the limits are in your unlimited data contract. my phone is a sony Xperia with a 4k screen be thankful I hotspot to my laptop and only watch in HD instead of watching things on my phone in 4k

Niegut F.
Niegut F.

Hi there. I'm thinking of changing to you guys been reading the reviews. I just wanted to know am I allowed to use my hotspot for my kids ipads when we are out and about. I have home internet so it's only when we are out that it would be needed to be used like that.

Lindsay
Lindsay

Hi I am using my Hotspot on my phone where ever I go and do not have a problem

Felix Mobile   DM

Thanks for the question! Yep that's no problem. You can tether to your personal devices, as long as felix isn't being used as a substitute for home internet or in a modem.
- Michael from the Care team

Larry Bumstead
Larry Bumstead

Are you allowed to have other people be tethered to your personal device?

Jigme
Jigme

Yes you can tether other devices, didn’t face any issues.

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Larry! Thanks for the question. The felix plan is intended to be used with your personal mobile phone. You are permitted to tether other personal devices, such as your laptop or tablet, to your mobile phone by creating a mobile hotspot from your phone via Wi-Fi.

However the felix plan must not be used to provide tethering to other people's devices (for example the devices of members of your household, colleagues or friends), nor used as a substitute for a home internet service or in a modem.

If you have any other questions, feel free to start a live chat with us (we're online every day) over at felixmobile.com.au
- Scotty from the Care team

Christian M.
Christian M.

Why can't it be used as a substitute for home internet? For some people it would be an easier option under different circumstances or even maybe pensioners who want a bit of internet but don't need a great deal but can't afford having to many separate plans.

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Christian, I can 100% see how a mobile internet provider would be handy in those situations, there are actually quite a few around at the moment. Unfortunately, if that's what you need, felix is not for you. We're a personal mobile phone service, and not suitable to be used as a replacement for home internet.
Let me know if you have any other questions!

Sick ofpoorlife products

Explain in clear detail why you don't want people using your network to access the internet via other devices?

I only use my mobile and at times tether it as a hotspot for my laptop and rarely to download an update on an Xbox.

Why do you keep repeating that "Felix" is not intended to replace home internet?

If I am downloading things on my phone, or using it as a hotspot and downloading on another device, what is the difference? I am downloading the same amount of data just with a different device via hotspot.

Felix Mobile   DM

Hi Hates, Unfortunately, we wouldn't be able to offer an unlimited mobile data plan at speeds of up to 20Mbps if customers were using it to connect high GB activity like home internet.
So if you're after a home internet plan, felix may not be for you.
- Brittany from the Care team

Majid K.
Majid K.

Hi ,
I would like to join the network but i don't know if there a good signal in Canberra, any reviews?

Patabendi
Patabendi

try this

Felix Mobile   DM

Hi, Majid! You can check out what coverage at your address is like here - external link . If you still have questions, you can start a live chat from that same link :)

Ben L.
Ben L.

Would the sim card work in a wifi modem?

Felix Mobile   DM

Hi, Ben. Thanks for reaching out! felix is designed for use in a mobile phone. You can absolutely hotspot to your personal devices, such as your laptop when needed, but felix can't be used in a modem or similar. If you have any questions about this, please pop in to live chat with us through our app or website.

Someone

What's the difference between tethering and using a modem?

It's the same data at the same speed going to the same device through the same towers

It can't be network overload since you cripple the speed to what you would get in 2008 (and I can pull just as much data through a phone via USB tethering as I can pull through a modem that is plugged directly into a computer)

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey there! felix is designed for use in a mobile phone. You can absolutely hotspot to your personal devices, such as your laptop when needed, but felix can't be used in a modem, or as a hotspot for other people’s devices. If you're after a home internet plan, felix may not be the right for for you.
You can check out our fair use policy here: external link

Someone

That doesn't answer my question, that's just some crap written by a lawyer

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey there, While it is technically possible to put the felix SIM in a modem or other non-movile device, this is a breach of the fair use policy as it's not how the service was designed. Services using SIMs in non-mobile devices may be suspended.
- Britt from the Care team

Razzor Bladz

the answer is they dont want you putting the sim in a modem and let a whole family use it 24/7 for everything. this is still the best phone and data solution for 1 person for the money

Get an answer from our members and Felix Mobile representatives

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Felix Mobile is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2023, 2022.