Felix Mobile

Felix Mobile Questions & Answers (page 4)

Verifiedfelixmobile.com.au
HomeUser
HomeUser

Does anyone have any experience with the international roaming coverage and reliability, especially in the USA?

Phil S.
Phil S.

Can I watch Netflix/Foxtel on my son's account in my house?

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Phil! felix is designed for personal mobile phone use, though you're totally welcome to hotspot to personal devices as needed. However hotspotting to other peoples' devices and using felix to replace home internet would be a no-no with our fair use policy. Link to that one below for you, and if you have any other questions, chat with us in real time through our website or app!
external link

Razzor Bladz
Razzor Bladz

ok so is it limited or unlimited data? yall need to make your minds. the answer is yes he can do what ever he likes with his personal devices including watching netflix or foxtel irrespective of who's account he is using. netflix may not be so happy though

Brisdaz
Brisdaz

When are you considered a new customer again? After trialing it for a month and then deciding it's not for you but perhaps later changing location patterns so it is a better fit?

Brad W.
Brad W.

You can get a new number and each new number should attract the promotion, if not chat to the live chat.

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey there - we love to welcome new and returning customers to felix whenever they like! There are some promotions that are only for first time customers - if you'd like to message with us in the felix app we can chat through the details. We have humans online every day.

iesb
iesb

Greetings,
Your policy says that the unlimited data can not be used for Third-party content that has a Network service number starting with 12, or something like that? ( I'm not Tech-savvy, it makes as much sense to me as if it was written in Klingon )

That being said, can I watch Netflix on my phone with this unlimited plan capped at 20 Mbps, or will watching video content from Netflix result in an added cost to the $35 subscription plan? ( because I have no idea what a Network service number is and if it applies to Netflix?

If possible please reply in simple and easy-to-understand language, pretend you are replying to a hyperactive 8 year old who has too much time on his hands and should really be out playing games rather than staying at home on the sofa watching movies.

Kind regards,
Ian

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Ian! You can absolutely watch Netflix on your phone with felix. There are no issues/extra costs with that at all.
For $35/month, you get unlimited calls, SMS and data at speeds of up to 20Mbps. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi,
Live in Blackhead NSW 2430.
Vodafone is absolutley terrible here.
Beleive tower is in Forster abot 20k away.
Are thre any other carriers you use?
Nearby Optus tower delivering up to 120mbs!
Cap of 20mbs would be fine for needs.
Look forward to hearing fom you.
Thanks.

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Henry! Thanks for your question. We are powered by the Vodafone 4G/3G network only. I can see that there are plans for improvements in the Blackhead area in the future, so it might be worth checking in on the coverage map in a few months!
- Britt from the Care team

thx Britt

Hi,
Live in Blackhead NSW 2430.
Vodafone is absolutley terrible here.
Beleive tower is in Forster abot 20k away.
Are thre any other carriers you use?
Nearby Optus tower delivering up to 120mbs!
Cap of 20mbs would be fine for needs.
Look forward to hearing fom you.
Thanks.

Villow
Villow

Hi, so I use my phone as a hotspot for my laptop while I commute. Would I be able to do that with this sim?

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Villow! Thanks for reaching out. You can absolutely hotspot to your personal devices, such as your laptop when needed, but felix can't be used in a modem or similar, or as a hotspot for other people’s devices.
- Maddie from the Care team

yodish92
yodish92

would this be suitable for watching streams?, my internet is dead at the moment and i plan to use my phone as a hotspot for my desktop PC for watching streams(in 480p with chat disabled) and browsing sites(mainly social media), this will only be temporary(around 1 week or so) before i go back to using it normaly, how much data usage is considered a breach of policy?

NnBba
NnBba

Yep! I use about 100gb internet every month, all in streaming. Never had a hiccup with Felix.

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey there, thank you so much for taking the time to reach out! The felix plan includes unlimited data up to 20Mbps, which is more than enough for most every day usage such as high definition streaming on the go (Netflix, Stan, etc), social media and cloud storage.
While we don't have a data limit that we're looking out for as such, the fair use policy refers to a handful of scenarios defined as 'unreasonable use' or 'unacceptable use' for a personal mobile service (https://flx.mobi/e/fairuse). As everyone's situation is unique, I'd suggest taking a read to see if felix is right for you :)

- Scotty from the care team

AD V.
AD V.

"my internet is dead at the moment and i plan to use my phone"

Under the guidelines of the fair use policy, felix can't be used as a replacement for home internet. So if you never had home internet then you could use felix to give you internet at home via your phone and tethered to PC, but if you previously had home internet (which became faulty) then you could not use felix to provide home internet as felix can't be used as a REPLACEMENT for home internet

I use my phone to hot spot my TV for about 5 hours a day
Is Felix suitable for this

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Lynne! Thanks for checking in. While we've got unlimited data for you to enjoy at speeds up to 20Mbps, using felix for extended TV hotspot time would be a breach of our fair use policy unfortunately! As a personal mobile phone plan, felix has a standard fair use policy with a few guidelines on what our service can and can't be used for. Main thing to note there is felix can't be used in a device that's not a mobile phone and can't be used as a replacement or substitute for home internet.
external link

Lynne

Thanks Georgia for your quick answer

Maninder S.
Maninder S.

can i do conference with my friends

Natasha
Natasha

Hi Maninder If you mean can you have more than one person on a line at the same time I am not sure that might be a phone "thing" not a felix service. Sorry I can not be more help

Koni
Koni

You would need to zoom the call or use duo

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Maninder! If your phone is able to make group conference calls, then you're all good to do that on felix.
- Britt from the Care team

Belinda

Hi I have Foxtel - is it possible to tether Foxtel Go from my phone to either my TV or tablet as I don't have home internet? I would love to access On Demand for some series viewing. Also, what constitutes 'not permanently' in terms of your tethering regulations please? Thank you.

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Belinda, thanks for the question! Our current plan is designed as a mobile plan. Whilst it's possible to use your felix SIM in a phone to hotspot to personal devices from time-to-time, we consider using it as the main source of data internet connection for your TV as a replacement to home internet.

If, however, you're looking for a mobile plan to endlessly scroll TikToks, catch up on the daily news when you're out and about, and watch cat videos on your phone without worrying about a GB cap, then felix is right for you! However, if you're looking to use it to connect your TV, it isn't the best fit.

- Michael from the Care team

Belinda

Thanks Michael. May I get more clarity please - as I'm not a social media user nor movie watcher/regular home internet subscriber, Foxtel provides the docs I find interesting. When a particular doc series shows I'd love to be able to see what has been previously related, considering Foxtel endlessly repeats it's programs. Would this intermittent viewing be classed as violating your policy? I can't grasp the conflict on how data is used. Could there perhaps be a cap on these distinctions? Many thanks for a clarification.

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Belinda, I also love a good doco! We don't have a GB cap to provide guidance on here, but if you're only hotspotting infrequently then I dare say you'll be fine. If your patterns of use over time ever set off flags in our system that suggests to us you're using the SIM in way that is in breach of our fair use policy, we'll always get in touch beforehand. - Michael

HannahSp
HannahSp

I dont have WIFI at my house and often hotspot my current mobile plan to my TV for streaming. Am I able to do this with a Felix sim? :)

Felix Mobile   DM

Hi there! Thanks for your question. You can absolutely hotspot to your personal devices when needed (i.e., not permanently). Note that felix isn't designed as a replacement for home internet, and can only be used in a mobile phone. Happy streaming :)

- Maddie from the Care team

Bailey R.
Bailey R.

Y can I not pay a phone bill????

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Bailey. Your subscription with felix auto renews on the same day every month, so no need to make any manual payments. If you wanted us to double check your account, jump into the felix mobile app, send us a message, and we can check for you there (we usually respond to all questions within 40 seconds during business hours).

Ed B.
Ed B.

Can I use the sim as a data sim in an iPad or is it purely for use in a phone?

Felix Mobile   DM

Hiya Ed! felix is designed for use in a mobile phone, so unfortunately can't be used in an iPad. No sweat though, you can absolutely hotspot to your iPad for personal use when needed!

Faisal A.
Faisal A.

What is the max data can you use, would 200 gigbytes would be fair?

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey there Faisal! You can scroll away on your mobile to your heart's content, no GB limit whatsoever! If that means 200GB for you in a month, go for it!
Our fair use policy refers to a handful of scenarios defined as 'unreasonable use' (section 6) or 'unacceptable use' (section 7) for a personal mobile service (here's the link: external link .
As everyone's situation is unique, I suggest taking a look through and letting us know if you have any questions there.
- Emalie from the Care team

Meet
Meet

Does Felix Sim provide three way call which is indeed said a conference call ?

pimmento
pimmento

Would be your phone that has that ability. Best call Felix with that query. With unlimited data you could use platforms like Zoom for conference calls.

Michael

If you join you can use the promo code to get 5 dollars off your first recharge [Code Removed]

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Meet, you bet it does! The $35 felix subscription covers unlimited calls (which includes three way calls), SMS/MMS and data at speeds up to 20Mbps for use in Australia!

- Jenny from the Care team

Hi,
I only use my mobile. When I do, I surf the web, I might stream a few episodes via Netflix or Stan. I will also watch various videos via YouTube. I'll check email, weather, a little mobile banking.

Would Felix 20 Mbps be enough to do the above and would it be within your fair use policy guidelines?

Thank you.

Michael

Yes you can do that no problem and you never need to worry about running out of data it is unlimited at that speed is sufficient for streaming HD content if you sign up you can get a five dollar credit towards your first recharge by entering this promo code [Code Removed]

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey there! With 20Mbps, you can easily make and receive HD video calls, stream HD TV shows and movies, use cloud storage and of course, do normal day to day things like checking your social media and emails.
All of this is well within our fair use policy as well :)
- Ronny from the Care team

bradster2187

with this plan can i hotspot my laptop for gaming use or watching movies?
and once i pass a certain data amount used does the speed get lowered?

Michael

I am not a gamer but I’m sure it wouldn’t be a problem to use it on your personal computer and iPad or phone it’s is unlimited data

bradster2187

if it is then ill probably order one tonight
but just gota be certain

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey there, thanks for reaching out to the felix team! In regards to your first question, felix is designed for use in a mobile phone, but you can absolutely hotspot to your personal devices, such as your laptop for gaming or streaming occasionally. Under the guidelines of our fair use policy however, felix can't be used as a replacement for home internet, or as a hotspot for other people’s devices.

We don't do any data shaping at all - speeds up to 20Mbps for your whole month!

Feel free to chat in through our app, website or social media at any time if you have any other questions

- Nik from the Care team

bradster2187

what happens if my laptop is using more data than my phone?

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Bradster! That won't necessarily be a concern, as long as you're using your felix SIM the same way you would any other mobile phone plan and not as a home internet replacement, you should be sweet.
- Emalie from the Care team

Jet
Jet

Hi, I am using my own mobile number now. Can I “de-port” my number and keep the plan at the same time in future?

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Jet! We'll be happy to help you with that if you ever need to. Message us over Live chat from the felix app and one of our team will sort things out with you.

Eddie2012
Eddie2012

I'm thinking about getting the sim, do I have to port my mobile number at the set up time or can you do it at a later date?

Carlos
Carlos

You can do it at a later date or when you receive your SIM card

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Eddie! You can definitely activate with a new number and port at a later date. It's a little bit complex, but we can guide you over chat!
We do have a 7 day happiness guarantee though, so if you're just wanting to do the above to see if felix is right for you, then you might prefer to port in first up so you can test out felix with your regular use service!

- Jake from the Care Team

Get an answer from our members and Felix Mobile representatives

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Felix Mobile is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2023, 2022.