Listing monitored by Felix Mobile

• Plan Type
  • Local Reception

smok
smokCentral Queensland, QLD

I signed up under a free month promotion for Felix Mobile. I live in Central Queensland, and it's like Vodafone towers don't exist here. I'm getting HDPSA+ at best. After a speed test I couldn't even reach 1mb/s. Obviously something is very wrong here and as such I won't continue for obvious reasons. I've had both Telstra and Optus here, and they both work well, though Telstra works far better. This plan might be ideal for cities, etc but even standing outside in the near middle of town, I get H+ on my upper screen. Definitely not worth $35 a month. Sorry. I believe the Vodafone map is misleading. It shows full 4g but I can't even get that.

Local Reception
Warrick
WarrickPerth, WA

Endless data at less than the advertised speeds

I recently bought Felix Mobile for the advertised upto 20Mbps. Disappointingly I was able to achieve nearly 2.9Mbps down, whilst getting 17 up. I contacted customer support who blamed the issue squarely on congestion, which made no sense when I could get good uploads. After that my good uploads vanished. Customer support was slow and resolved nothing so I'm out to find another provider.

felix mobileFelix Mobile

Internationals or travellers barred from signing up

Became invested in this and moved away from my current provider, but was barred from signing up as I didn't have a debit card with a local Australian bank - only with international banks or those like TransferWise.

Support were friendly and quick to respond which was neat, but would have liked to know about this before and obviously it's a big deal. Never had this issue with Optus, Telstra or similar.

Additionally, your card is still charged when this process occurs, you're just blocked from access - so you have to talk to support to resolve.

Henryasked

Hi,
Live in Blackhead NSW 2430.
Vodafone is absolutley terrible here.
Beleive tower is in Forster abot 20k away.
Are thre any other carriers you use?
Nearby Optus tower delivering up to 120mbs!
Cap of 20mbs would be fine for needs.
Look forward to hearing fom you.
Thanks.

Hey Henry!
Thanks for your question. We are powered by the Vodafone 4G/3G network only. I can see that there are plans for improvements in the Blackhead area in the future, so it might be worth checking in on the coverage map in a few months!
- Britt from the Care team

thx Britt

Henryasked

Hi,
Live in Blackhead NSW 2430.
Vodafone is absolutley terrible here.
Beleive tower is in Forster abot 20k away.
Are thre any other carriers you use?
Nearby Optus tower delivering up to 120mbs!
Cap of 20mbs would be fine for needs.
Look forward to hearing fom you.
Thanks.

Villow
Villowasked

Hi, so I use my phone as a hotspot for my laptop while I commute. Would I be able to do that with this sim?

felix mobileFelix Mobile

Hey Villow! Thanks for reaching out.
You can absolutely hotspot to your personal devices, such as your laptop when needed, but felix can't be used in a modem or similar, or as a hotspot for other people’s devices.
- Maddie from the Care team