Fernwood Women's Health Clubs

Fernwood Women's Health Clubs (page 2 of 14)

Clayton Gym is deplorable, do they not give a damn about clean gyms?

The bathroom is a deplorable sight, it's like a mess. Floor is sticky, toilets is dirty there were toilet paper thrown around the toilet seats and no one know how to flush.

Furthermore, promise of lotions and breakfast.

The breakfast is some expired bread and lotion is always empty but the bottle is still there just for decoration.

The worst cancellation and membership terms imaginable. Don't join!!

I was getting married in a few months, so I thought I would join the local gym to get a little toned before squeezing into the dress.
I was talked into joining for 12 months as that would be cheaper etc...
I had to move overseas shortly after the wedding and without selling my soul, keeping the damn thing going actually worked out cheaper.
I have finally come to the part of my contract being up so I immediately emailed to cancel and ensured I sighted the specific clauses in the contract so I didn't get any fees.
As many have said already, this gym is staffed by mostly fake staff - the "oh we only care about your well-being", but are in fact just money hungry and rude.
The facilities at the Gungahlin branch were pretty good, they are fairly newish and I think just had renovations - but for the price you pay to workout or not in my case, they should have nice facilities.
The classes were often cancelled or changed to do a video of a class in america. There were never enough staff to help or facilitate classes or even just make sure no one was dead in the main room.

26 payments of 58$, taken fortnightly,
"Activation Kit" 159$
Joining Fee 199$

Update:
Vultures from head office of Fernwood rang wanting my final payment of membership fees as they didn't take it on the date nominated and I closed the account... hahah.. well, it was funny until they added a 9$ late fee.

---------------
Other fees and charges within the agreement for your review:
Downgrade fee: $100.0
Transfer to another club 24 hour access card: $69.0
Cancellation fee: $200.0 plus 2 further direct debit payments
Third Party collection agency debt recovery costs: $100.0
____________

Please don't join, find somewhere else :)

Nightmare trying to cancel membership

I joined Fernwood at the start of June 2018, with the idea I would be there for a while.
I was happy with the facilities and classes, loved the yoga classes! Although I did think it is overpriced considering you need to pay extra to use certain parts of the gym. I also had to pay extra to use the virtual classes - on a TV screen! Only a small fee, like $2.50 I think so I payed it incase I couldn’t make timed classes. The virtual classes are just les mills on a screen. You could do this at home.
Anyway, so at the start of August my husband and I decided to move back to NSW. We moved to a country town of 600 people, almost 60 kilometres from town. Obviously there is no gyms, let alone a fernwood! There isn’t even a Fernwood in the major town 60klms from me. So I had to cancel my membership, the manager told me I could find someone to sell my membership to, I didn’t know anyone so that option was out. She said I had to pay the $200 cancellation fee, which I let them know I was financially struggling, hence why we decided to move back to NSW where we could live cheaper. They were not understanding at all, at the time I had been to the doctors frequently due to stress and stress related issues. I also let them know this, I sent pictures of my bank accounts so they could see my financial state. They didn’t care. They wanted $200 and the last 2 payments. So I asked if I could make a payment plan of $30 per fortnight, which was already cutting it fine as I was struggling and had 2 children to provide for, I had also stopped working due to moving. I let them know all the details of how I wasn’t coping and if they could waive the cancellation fee of $200 or at least let me repay fortnightly a small repayment until finished. She said no, then she threatened to send it to a debt collector! Now I had ALWAYS paid my membership on time, and I was being threatened with a debt collector and at the time I didn’t even have any outstanding money I owed them! I was very upset. I rang head office to complain and ask for help, they told me to email member feedback, which I emailed a very detailed email notifying them of everything. No reply. A month later I rang head office to ask what was happening with my complaint....she told me they had sent my email onto my club, Fernwood Noosa! What? What was the point of that? When I sent that email to head office, the manager, [name removed], at the gym had said the only way to make a payment plan to pay off the $200 cancellation fee was to break it down into the same amount as my membership fee was per fortnight, so $43 per fortnight until it was paid off, in that month I paid 2 payments. Then the 3rd time I didn’t have any money so the $43 was in the account, so it over drew my account obviously, then a week later I realised my account was overdrawn $107!!! I rang them this morning as I thought it must have been the remainder of the $200 fee. Which even though it was a big payment I was happy it was finished....so I thought! When I rang this morning, to ask if that was the money all paid now, she told me no. She said last week when there was no money in my account for the $43, they charged me a fee! Um, they took $107....that means they charged me a fee for not having the money in my account - $63?!!! A $63 fee? WTH? So they took the normal $43, and a $63 fee for money not being in my account. They do this when a person is already financially struggling? Very sad. She then told me, because my money wasn’t in my account last week not only had they charged me a $63 fee, but they also restarted my membership!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT?!!!!!! I live 10 hours away, I cancelled in August - 2 months ago, we have a payment plan to pay off my cancellation fee - how does that give you the right to restart my membership?
At the end of the day, I ONLY canceled due to moving interstate to make living easier for my family, there is NO gym within 60klms of me. If there was I probably just would of kept the membership, but there isn’t.
So with my financial struggle and moving to where there’s NO gym let alone a Fernwood, they still could help me at all after tons of embarrassing emails revealing my circumstances, they could waive or lower the fee or repayments. Apparently no one had the power or authority to help at all. I enjoyed using the gym, but after the treatment I got I was very upset.
When I did call this morning to ask about the money, she could even tell me how much I’d paid and was owing! She said I got charged the fee because she can’t help me manage my finances! I told her i know how to manage my finances - I just don’t have ANY to manage, it goes to bills and living expenses for my family before I touch it and I don’t have anything left. I’m not asking for sympathy, but I did ask for help and understanding at a hard time and I got nothing but excuses and fees. 2.5 months after cancellation of my membership and it’s still on going. I phoned my bank this morning also and had to put a stop to letting them access my bank account as they had taken a sum of money that I wasn’t aware to be taken for fees that are. Very questionable. I am writing this review to let people know my experience. And I wish I’d read the reviews first as I only did this morning, and 90% is bad and similar situations to mine. Incredible, they say they are for women. Such a lie. After I wrote this review I am contacting fair trading to discuss where I stand and what to do next.

Fernwood Campbelltown NSW Below Par

Fernwood Campbelltown. Dirty, broken and outdated equipment that hasn't been updated in several years. The bathrooms and floors are filthy and smell like sewerage. You have to choose your times to train as when there are PT sessions and classes being run in the weights area there is no room for anyone else to train. There is only 1 set of dumbbells per kilo weight so if someone is using a 4 kilo weight and you need to use it you can't because there is only one set. Clients are being treated as fools and being charged top dollar for below par and lack of equipment, amenities and lack of adequate space in which to exercise. The client should be able to exercise at any time that suits them and should not have to schedule alternative times due to lack of available equipment and space. Also PT sessions aren't run on a weekend and you are hard put to find an available trainer at 6 am on week days.

Worst gym ever

After sustaining an injury and getting a doctors note they refused to help with fees or even canceling my membership without the cancellation fee. While we were in disagreement they still snuck out money from my account, including late fees without contacting me which they usually did. They have taken more than the cancellation fee after I explained I’m out of work due to this injury and don’t have much money anymore. They are fake and heartless people who only care is money. Worst gym ever and recommend no one to join them.

Read the legal contract thoroughly before providing credit card details. You will be slugged.

I joined one day withdrew next morning, within the cooling off period. I was charged $145.00 for no service. I didn't go near any of the equipment, undergo any assessment, the legal document was shown to me on their ipad, which was difficult to read and take it all in while sitting in the gym kitchen area while people came and went.
It wasn't until I went home and printed out the 32 page document that I realised joining this gym was not a good idea for me. I was informed that I had a seven day cooling off period. First thing the next morning I went back to the gym and informed them in writing that I would be cancelling my membership.
I was informed that I would still have to pay a $55.00 fee for their electronic key (which I had returned).
They deducted $145.00 from my bank account the day after I returned their key and notification of my cancellation. The person running the gym informed me that I would only be charged for the key. ($55.00)
However, $145.00 was taken from my account.
My advice to potential clients would be to insist on a hard copy of the contract before giving over your credit card details. Take the document home and scrutinize their contract legals carefully before signing. There are some nasty clauses in it which could see you being charged for hidden expenses if for some reason you need to opt out.
Compare gyms, Fernwood is the most expensive one in my area. I do not recommend Fernwood.

not enough explanation about the fees

I joined the gym for $30 per week and I was told nothing about the joining fee I asked several times about when they will take the first instalment instaed out of a blue a whooping $270 was taken from my account without notice. I am very disappointed with lack of information I would have joined the gym fully aware not to be surprised like that.

Love!

I absolutely love this place. A great environment and all the staff members are really lovely and helpful! Would highly recommend this place

Pushy Customer Service!

Be careful when looking for a gym to join ladies!
I was considering joining over a year ago but decided to go with another gym. Since then, I have received multiple text messages and phone calls from their customer service representaitves even after 'opting' out.

Flawed membership system, expensive, manipulative

I signed up for Fernwood, then changed my mind about it the day after. My brother said that at his gym, the cooling off period requires no fee, but Fernwood charged me a hefty $50 for cancelling WITHIN the cooling off period. When cancelling, the employee degraded other gyms to get me to stay by saying "men will be staring at you at other gyms". It's also unreasonably expensive. Every other gym around me that I visited charged <$15/week; Fernwood charges $22/week for the same facilities.

Friendly staff and generous range of classes!

Been going to the one in Perth for just over a year now and I have no complaints. The service is always friendly and they offer a great range of fitness classes.

Fernwood Ferntree Gully

Love love love Fernwood Ferntree Gully, all of the staff are wonderful and super supportive, fantastic group fitness classes very clean gym. Always adding new pieces of equipment...i would highly recommend!!!!!

Awesome gym

Love Fernwood Shepparton. It's clean, very friendly, and staff are helpful. Very encouraging and supportive. Wouldn't go anywhere else. Highly recommend

Appalling in every way

I wish I could give zero stars. I have been a member for 18 months and have no words for how disgusting this facility is. I go to the Camberwell facility, where they don't respond to emails, don't fix equipment, don't clean the equipment and straight up don't give a sh*t. I'm appalled that I can be charged a fortune to sign up and be a member and they can't afford to fix equipment. The only reason I haven't cancelled (yet, I'm VERY close to) is because I live within walking distance and it's 24 hours.

I lodged a complaint over a week ago on their refusal to repair or upgrade equipment (there are 5 pieces of equipment that are broken at present and the single rowing machine they have is older than I am). I sent this to the club directly as well as Fernwood HQ... No response. And I'm not even surprised. Seriously, steer clear.

Bad service bad experience consistently

Stay away from Fernwood at Hornsby. Been a member for 12 months all smiles when I signed up then the reality sunk in unhappy staff classes equipment is unsafe and broken kept being over charged complained numerous times and I was always met with rude condescending staff . Owner finally called me after two months was not interested in my feedback very dismissive only rang to get me to resign as my membership had expired. Also very rude and uninterested. Money hungry. Be careful buyer beware. So glad to see the back of the place. Worst experience ever

Love the friendly female focused atmosphere

Highly recommend Fernwood Ryde as a longtime member who appreciates the faculties, friendly staff, classes and personal monthly free training.

All about fitness

I joined Fernwood Hornsby at the beginning of the year. Yes they tried to get me to sign up to programs which cost more but they weren't overly pushy when I made it clear I wasn't interested at the time. Staff are friendly, amenities are clean. Everything is usually stocked well. Equipment that was out of order has been replaced by new machines. I'm very happy and just go in and do my thing so I haven't had any issues so far.

Carpet? On an aerobic workout floor?

Lovely clean bathrooms, staff wonderful, but then I tried a dance class on the carpeted aerobic room floor. It’s stinky, feet sink into the carpet instead of bouncing, and shoes stick like Velcro. I have no fallback aerobic class now. If I had realised this I actually would not have joined. Other than that which is my huge disappointment, it’s quite good. No kiddies , no pool, no poseurs , just ladies getting strong and fit.

Bad experience

I am grateful that I did not sign up for a membership. Firstly staff fake and not friendly. I would definitely didn’t recommend this gym in Maroochydore.
Charging more fee because providing breakfast and toiletries. When I last had breakfast there I went to have some fruit, the bowl was empty, I went to have some toast, the bread bin had two bags with just bread crusts in it, and one squashed bit of bread. The honey was empty, the peanut butter was empty, and when I asked the staff member for more she simply handed me another jar of peanut butter from the cupboard that was also empty! we charge more because we provide breakfast and toiletries”, when I last had breakfast there I went to have some fruit, the bowl was empty, I went to have some toast, the bread bin had two bags with just bread crusts in it, and one squashed bit of bread. As for toiletries, they don’t even get the basics right. It’s not pleasant to go to the toilet, sit down and realise too late that there isn’t any toilet paper!s right. It’s not pleasant to go to the toilet, sit down and realise too late that there isn’t any toilet paper!

Unethical, unprofessional, uninspiring

Horrible experience- they hide behind their contract when their own customer service team messes up. Having to go to VCAT to get money back. Process has dragged in for 4 months! DO NOT go here! Staff never available for working people, shoddy record keeping, change rooms are dirty, depressing and unprofessional place. Kept billing me for 2 months after cancellation responsibilities ended. Refuse to refund!