Fernwood Women's Health Clubs

Fernwood Women's Health Clubs (page 2 of 16)

See the Best Gyms in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Charlene

CharleneSydney, NSW

Amazing friendly gym

Loving Fernwood Ryde Gym !! The new management have made a big difference and i'm just loving the changes. It's great to go to a gym close to one of my work locations that are friendly and welcoming. I feel at home when I come here.

Rude staff, tiny workout space and high fees

Worst gym I have ever been to. Rude staff, tiny gym space, horrid culture of people hogging equipment on their phones. So far it’s my worst gym experience and had the highest fees.

Angela A.

Angela A.Perth, WA

Fernwood money hungry

I give no stars to this money hungry company all they are interested in is taking your money, not your well-being or your financial situation, makes me very angry to how they can do this to people

Don't join!

Don't join! Save money by going to other gyms. Fernwood Adelaide offer few options/classes. As well they are all about the $$. If you do join beware of not the cancellation fees (standard) but the additional fees. You will pay exorbitant amounts, for extras, yet classes cancelled/postponed for weeks without viable options beyond virtual classes. I can do that from my lounge room.

Please don’t join Fernwood!

Fernwood Green Square is an absolute joke!
My friend was diagnosed with cancer and had to cancel her membership! They made her life hell! What company does that? DON’T JOIN

No Atmosphere

I found this Gym to have no atmosphere. Classes that I wanted to do were either cancelled or made virtual (additional fee to do these classes). Everything has a charge therefore I believe that it is over priced when compared to other Gyms. This is a common complaint that I have heard from many other local women who have also cancelled their memberships with great difficulty and at a ridiculous cost (total shameless gouging). We live in a small town word travels fast. I would strongly recommend that you look around prior to signing with them and read the very small fine print.

Rhona S.

Rhona S.Sydney, NSW

LOVE Fernwood!

Love your FIIT30 classes, LOVE that you're 24hrs! Castle Hill gym staff are friendly, the atmosphere is nice, the gym is clean and the classes are great. Really happy, thank you xx

Fauzan

FauzanSydney, NSW

Everything has a charge

Canceling? $350
Lost tag? $80 (costs $20 else where)
Pausing? $7
Changing credit cards? $17
Seriously these guys need to close down...they make money of circumstances and it’s pretty appalling their terms and conditions.

Best PT Ever and staff are friendly

I was a bit speculative at first but I found that in Fernwood Cairnlea the team was absolutely friendly from Tram who singed me up to the many wonderful PT's and staff one of whom is Liz who is absolutely down to earth. Knows what works for her clients and will push where necessary.
I will continue to pay for these wonderful services and I am so grateful I found a great gym with amazing staff who cares and are willing to help.

Amanda

AmandaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible and unethical practices

I am moving out of the city to a location where there is no Fernwood gym, so my only option is to pay $280 in fees, or let my contract expire by continuing to pay for 3 more months. Absolutely ridiculous.

Fatz

FatzSydney, NSW

Worst gym ever

I signed up over the phone not knowing that I actually entered a contract then told I have 7 days cooling off period, the next day I found another women only gym that’s cheaper so I decided to cancel with Fernwood, they then told me it’s 48 hours cooling off fee and I have no choice but to pay the cancellation fee of 200 dollers. I left a review on Facebook stating my situation and what’s happened and I was cyber bullied and told I have a secret agenda and am not a real person. Sooo money thirsty and now wish I read online reviews before calling. Rockdale Fernwood is a joke of a gym and the owner Cathy is a narcissist and a fool who hides behind a computer screen and hides when I call, what’s joke.

JJh

JJh

Fernwood Wetherill Park

Terrible

Tmosman

TmosmanSouth East Queensland, QLD

FEES FEES AND MORE FEES

Paying $38 a fortnight which is what I agreed to pay however if a payment doesn't go through they make you pay a $9 rejection fee, and don't notify you which is ridiculous.
I was told that I could use my membership with my FOB at any location only to be told that this was not able to be used out of staff hours and a max of 5 free visits.
I am also pregnant and cannot use the gym due to complications and have been told even if I provide a certificate etc I will still have to pay $4 a week to place on hold.

Don't join this gym it is really not worth it

Jan

JanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Surprised at poor reviews. Camberwell Vic is great!

Staff lovely, toilets clean, varied classes. Overall very happy.
Surprised at some 1 star reviews. Camberwell Vic is great! Cheers

Cheap & nasty, the staff don’t care

Yes it’s cheap to join, but you’re pretty much left to figure out all the machines by your self and you won’t get a program, I was told that’s an extra charge. Staff are fake friendly. I went to get my weight etc done when I first joined and the lady laughed at me when I had written down the wrong weight of my piece of paper, I was 2kg heavier than I thought. She thought that was funny and made me feel embarrassed. I have since quit this gym & have joined a local PT group, yes it’s more expensive but they actually make the time to get to know you & your strengths & weekness. I have since lose 5kg in 5 weeks with the new PT.

Starting up fee and cancellation fees

So i signed up after my daughter was born she was a few weeks old which wasnt a good decision. My first fee was over 200$ finally cancelled today with a great heavy fee off 300$ because of my contract. Nothing but money hungry business. Never would consider this gym and for months wanting to leave but the ladies told me to put account on hold. This is a warning for all the other ladies wanting to give this gym a go look around for better deals.

Vary considerably between sites

The fernwood gym near where i joined was modern, clean, big and provided things like free breakfast. I wrongly assumed they'd all be up to the same standard and signed a contract knowing i was moving to a new area soon. Now am living near the Preston gym and it is nowhere near the same standard. The floors are uneven, shoved into a shed in a warehouse area that feels unsafe afterhours. It's just not comfortable, welcoming or worth the money, but I'm locked in the contract for at least another 6 months. The minute there is competition with another women's only gym I'll be throwing in this membership and advising everyone else to do the same.

Stacey S.

Stacey S.melbourne

Beware of Hidden Fees

Beware of hidden fees if you cancel your contract in the minimum term. It costs $185 to join plus a minimum of $20/week plus a cancellation fee of $200 + one month's fees. Don't make the same mistake I did! Join another gym that has a more reasonable cancellation policy. I have made a complaint to Consumer Affairs Victoria regarding the cancellation fee of $275.

Julie5665

Julie5665Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Can't "Opt Out"

mobinmalik

mobinmalikasked

Fernwood feedback from melton club

unhappy
unhappy

Don't join Melton Club - horrible place - crazy contracts with outrageous cancellation fees. Poor staff communication and limited classes.

Sunjay Guptar

Why are people so daft?! Every gym has contracts, cancellation and late payment fees... I just dont understand why people come here and log one star reviews because there unhappy that they had to pay a cancellation or late payment fee. And all this negativity because of these people didnt have the funds in THEIR account- shame on them, not Fernwood!
Ive been going to Fernwood for years now, and find them to be a great gym, very accommodating too!

Michelle .M

Michelle .Masked

I have been a member of Fernwood Mornington for a week and I’m moving in 3 weeks due to my mental health , can I use my swipe card at another Fernwood please.

Sunjay Guptar

You can go to other gyms, but it would need to be in the staffed hours.. I believe the 24 hour access cards can only be used at your home gym.

Going broke thanks to or

Going broke thanks to orasked

fernwood hollywood plaza Adelaide - any feedback for this one?

Get an answer from our members and Fernwood Women's Health Clubs representatives

CategoryGyms