Fernwood Women's Health Clubs

Fernwood Women's Health Clubs (page 3 of 16)

See the Best Gyms in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Vary considerably between sites

The fernwood gym near where i joined was modern, clean, big and provided things like free breakfast. I wrongly assumed they'd all be up to the same standard and signed a contract knowing i was moving to a new area soon. Now am living near the Preston gym and it is nowhere near the same standard. The floors are uneven, shoved into a shed in a warehouse area that feels unsafe afterhours. It's just not comfortable, welcoming or worth the money, but I'm locked in the contract for at least another 6 months. The minute there is competition with another women's only gym I'll be throwing in this membership and advising everyone else to do the same.

Stacey S.

Stacey S.melbourne

Beware of Hidden Fees

Beware of hidden fees if you cancel your contract in the minimum term. It costs $185 to join plus a minimum of $20/week plus a cancellation fee of $200 + one month's fees. Don't make the same mistake I did! Join another gym that has a more reasonable cancellation policy. I have made a complaint to Consumer Affairs Victoria regarding the cancellation fee of $275.

Julie5665

Julie5665Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Can't "Opt Out"

LauraD

LauraDGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

AVOID AVOID AVOID

Absolutely useless! I've been trying to get in contact with someone other than a receptionist at Fernwood Head Office in Richmond, VIC for two weeks now. They never answer their phone, the person I need to speak to never calls me back. AVOID AVOID AVOID. I needed some information about their contract as I refuse to sign it due to some very dubious clauses in it and wanted to talk about it before considering joining.
I was going to join but now I'll be taking my business to a gym that actually responds to queries!

If you do decide to join READ all the fine print properly.

Kylie

Kylie

Needs More Time Management

Sportsyz

Sportsyz

Clayton Gym is deplorable, do they not give a damn about clean gyms?

The bathroom is a deplorable sight, it's like a mess. Floor is sticky, toilets is dirty there were toilet paper thrown around the toilet seats and no one know how to flush.

Furthermore, promise of lotions and breakfast.

The breakfast is some expired bread and lotion is always empty but the bottle is still there just for decoration.

Dezzery

DezzeryAustralia

The worst cancellation and membership terms imaginable. Don't join!!

FitGypsea

FitGypseaNSW

Nightmare trying to cancel membership

Bridie

BridieSydney

Fernwood Campbelltown NSW Below Par

Worst gym ever

After sustaining an injury and getting a doctors note they refused to help with fees or even canceling my membership without the cancellation fee. While we were in disagreement they still snuck out money from my account, including late fees without contacting me which they usually did. They have taken more than the cancellation fee after I explained I’m out of work due to this injury and don’t have much money anymore. They are fake and heartless people who only care is money. Worst gym ever and recommend no one to join them.

Read the legal contract thoroughly before providing credit card details. You will be slugged.

Bonnie

Bonnie

not enough explanation about the fees

I joined the gym for $30 per week and I was told nothing about the joining fee I asked several times about when they will take the first instalment instaed out of a blue a whooping $270 was taken from my account without notice. I am very disappointed with lack of information I would have joined the gym fully aware not to be surprised like that.

Mik

MikBuderim

Love!

I absolutely love this place. A great environment and all the staff members are really lovely and helpful! Would highly recommend this place

Brittany

BrittanySydney

Pushy Customer Service!

Be careful when looking for a gym to join ladies!
I was considering joining over a year ago but decided to go with another gym. Since then, I have received multiple text messages and phone calls from their customer service representaitves even after 'opting' out.

Caitlin D

Caitlin D

Flawed membership system, expensive, manipulative

I signed up for Fernwood, then changed my mind about it the day after. My brother said that at his gym, the cooling off period requires no fee, but Fernwood charged me a hefty $50 for cancelling WITHIN the cooling off period. When cancelling, the employee degraded other gyms to get me to stay by saying "men will be staring at you at other gyms". It's also unreasonably expensive. Every other gym around me that I visited charged <$15/week; Fernwood charges $22/week for the same facilities.

Adrian

AdrianPerth, WA

Friendly staff and generous range of classes!

Been going to the one in Perth for just over a year now and I have no complaints. The service is always friendly and they offer a great range of fitness classes.

Tracey

TraceyBoronia

Fernwood Ferntree Gully

Love love love Fernwood Ferntree Gully, all of the staff are wonderful and super supportive, fantastic group fitness classes very clean gym. Always adding new pieces of equipment...i would highly recommend!!!!!

Mish

MishMooroopna

Awesome gym

Love Fernwood Shepparton. It's clean, very friendly, and staff are helpful. Very encouraging and supportive. Wouldn't go anywhere else. Highly recommend

Olivia

Olivia

Appalling in every way

Lara

LaraHornsby

Bad service bad experience consistently

Stay away from Fernwood at Hornsby. Been a member for 12 months all smiles when I signed up then the reality sunk in unhappy staff classes equipment is unsafe and broken kept being over charged complained numerous times and I was always met with rude condescending staff . Owner finally called me after two months was not interested in my feedback very dismissive only rang to get me to resign as my membership had expired. Also very rude and uninterested. Money hungry. Be careful buyer beware. So glad to see the back of the place. Worst experience ever

Samantha J.

Samantha J.asked

Any feedback on wonoona or Shellharbour fernwoods ?
Staff at both seem ok before you join up. Anyones experiences?

mobinmalik

mobinmalikasked

Fernwood feedback from melton club

unhappy
unhappy

Don't join Melton Club - horrible place - crazy contracts with outrageous cancellation fees. Poor staff communication and limited classes.

Sunjay Guptar

Why are people so daft?! Every gym has contracts, cancellation and late payment fees... I just dont understand why people come here and log one star reviews because there unhappy that they had to pay a cancellation or late payment fee. And all this negativity because of these people didnt have the funds in THEIR account- shame on them, not Fernwood!
Ive been going to Fernwood for years now, and find them to be a great gym, very accommodating too!

Michelle .M

Michelle .Masked

I have been a member of Fernwood Mornington for a week and I’m moving in 3 weeks due to my mental health , can I use my swipe card at another Fernwood please.

Sunjay Guptar

You can go to other gyms, but it would need to be in the staffed hours.. I believe the 24 hour access cards can only be used at your home gym.

Get an answer from our members and Fernwood Women's Health Clubs representatives