Fiat 500

Fiat 500 (page 2 of 3)

2008-2015, 2015-2016, 500 2017, 500 2018
See the Best Hatchbacks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Fiat? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking

Pleasure and so much Pain

Date PurchasedJuly 2009

Grumpy Old Man
Grumpy Old ManSydney Surrounds, NSW

Fantastic little car, that's actually not so little!

BadgeBy DIESEL
Date PurchasedJan 2016
Engine Size1.4 litre

Selling my fiat ASAP reasons to not buy

Date PurchasedApr 2014

Fuming Mad
Fuming Mad

Cute and capable

Opted for the manual model in a 500 S. New from dealer with HID's and leather as standard. Dealer gave me the TomTom Sat Nav too.

Took the car down the coast to Eden and back. So comfy and relaxed. It's no sprinter, but the 1.4l mated to the 6 speed manual is all this little car needs.

Perfect in the city for grabbing parking spots others have to drive past :)

Solid European car.

BadgeS
Date PurchasedSept 2016
Nicole
NicoleLaunceston

Cannot get out of neutral

Date PurchasedNov 2013
Hchez
HchezSydney

fun little city car

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Engine Size1.4L

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Mick
MickLaunceston

Plenty of pop for your smiles

Performance is good for a little car handles very good engine is quiet ,road niose is evident on course chip bitumen, the interior is cool ,funky and retro heaps of legroom in the front very comfortable seats a bit squashy in the back never had a problem 6.5litres per 100klm per litre in the city best car ever had put a smile on your dial buy one great car.

TonyPSydney, NSW

Fiat 500 Lounge Convertible Turbo auto

deus_zeus
deus_zeusSydney, NSW

Horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible auto transmission

OK, let's be fair, I did not own this car, I test drove a pop auto.
I'm sure the manual is a good thing, but that single clutch auto...it is absolutely horrible. I drove 100 metres and wanted to go back to the dealership immediately. It's so bad, Fiat should not even offer this auto as an option in it's range. It gives them a bad name. Unresponsive, bordering on dangerous to drive - rubbish.

I also found the interior to be a little rough (as in, cheap) - roof lining material very cheap, the glove box lid and its lever to open it very flimsy.

I get that this is a cute car, but come on, I was dying to get back in my wife's 11 year old Toyota Echo - what is so compelling about these cars again?

TonyPSydney, NSW

Unique fun car

We have had it for approx 2 years. It still looks new and still turns heads. It's not a race car but it's fun, comfortable and easy to drive.
I have the twin air semi auto. Can recommend it entirely. The engine is just 900cc but its turbo and its weight, the car is very zippy.

TonyP

When you buy an Italian car you expect to get a car made int Italy...but often they are made in Brazil or other countries...you have to check with the seller before buying.

Barnyardgambler
Barnyardgambler

Fun Without Speeding Fines but Poor Service

Engine Size0.875

rob92Perth

long term fun

Have owned a 2010 Fiat 500 C since new and have had no trouble. The folding roof is great to operate, even on the move. It is a 100hp 1.4 model and this has worked well. Ours has the auto transmission, which is really a robotised manual. It takes a little getting used to but is fine after that. I often use it in manual mode to change gears (without a clutch). Servicing and running costs are inexpensive. It's always fun to drive.

rob92

Note that cars sold on the US market are manufactured in Mexico and have some different specifications to those sold in Europe and Australia, which are manufactured in Poland

Nick
Nicksydney

The worst car ever or just a bad luck!!

BadgePop

Worst car i have ever owned

I had the Sport convertible for 4 years, really fun to drive... When it was drivable. This car is a joke, the heater stopped working last winter, $2500 just for the part to fix, shortly after the air-conditioning packed it in. The car battery kept going flat and it went through three batteries in 4 years... The local NRMA man new my name, dealer couldn't find a problem. The car overheated and mechanic found a plastic part in the radiator had cracked... He couldn't believe the part was actually plastic.
It was not only frustrating that parts were expensive but getting them was near impossible and caused major delays... So glad to be rid of this piece of junk!!!

iviau
iviauMelbourne

Longe term owner - Great fun car to own

MilordDuffy 2611, ACT

Manual is the better option

Nic
NicSydney, NSW

Non stop disappointments

Never again will I buy a Fiat. I have sent it in for repairs 3 times now and they still can't find the issue. My car goes into neutral and over revs on uphill roads and motorways. It cannot handle pressure when applied. My fiat 500 pop is only 6 months old, 2013 model. Absolutely ridiculous, when buying a brand new vehicle and having to deal with warranty back and forth... What can I do now? Can I take this to consumer acts for a replacement of the car?? Someone help!!! This isn't right! I've been driving a courtesy car for almost a month now.

Engine Size1.4L
재익 정
재익 정Perth, Western Australia

Love the car but not happy with the car yard

Engine Size990cc Turbo charged
Greeny
Greeny

Have you had any problems with the auto transmission ?

Hopeless service centre

Do Not Buy One.

I bought a brand new 500 back in 2009 and I have taken it back 14 times and they still can't fix my windscreen wiper from not shuddering across the screen, I basically can't drive when it rains and in Brisbane we have had a lot of rain.

Can you believe they tell me that they are all like that because of the curved screen. Lame!
Everything up until the windscreen didn't work. Would not buy one ever again.
I bought a brand new 500 back in 2009 and I have taken it back 14 times and they still can't fix my windscreen wiper from not shuddering across the screen.

kalloggs40

I would suggest you bend it yourself a little, to own this car is a privllige, i wish in all my dreams to able to aford one brand new, Fiat and Alfa romeo have style not reliabilty. It has character!!

Grey Nomad
Grey Nomad

Hi Stephen, have you tried Rain-X windshield treatment?

Ian Lowe
Ian LoweSydney

Shocking customer service takes the shine off a great car

Engine Size1400
lamster
lamster

May I ask which dealer did you go to ?

kalloggs40

Did you service it at Fiat?

Steven

Think about it, of all the review sites around, and this FIAT has 25% Terrible reviews about service, thast is very high so you should be careful.

siemanosin
siemanosin

Good

Overall it's a very good looking car which is cheap on petrol and a good all rounder. I find it very fun to drive good on corner, nice seat and safely.
But I hope the price would drop, too high price for a small car.
It looks good nice and small
Just the price for this car way too high

thankana
thankanaSouthern and Hills, SA

All in all I love it even with the rubbish turning circle. Expensive, yes but worth every cent I've spent. BELLA DONNA!!
Gorgeous, cute, unique, zippy and great petrol economy.
The turning circle of a truck! The one thing that I find the most ridiculous from such an expensive and small car.

Cal28
Cal28Bathurst

Didn't think I could love an object so much!

qualityshopper
qualityshopperFar North Queensland, QLD

I want One!!

I also have driven one in Italy last year and OMG it was one of the high points of the trip. It is a fabulous little car lots of fun and also practical for city driving. Nothing to complain about with this car...looking very cool!!!!
Cool, good fuel economy