Fiat Scudo 2007-Present

Fiat Scudo 2007-Present Questions & Answers

1 question from our users

Leerayasked

Scudo 2007-Present

2012 Fiat Scudo, Took one for a test drive today, drives great until i tried to reverse park, really noisy when the clutch is pushed in, vibration , grinding noise???? Put me off just wondered what the issue might be, only 87,000ks on the clock?

speedmerch
speedmerch

Hi Leeray,Does this only happen in reverse gear or does it happen when pulling off forwards as well.It sounds to me as though it could be a clutch/flywheel problem or worse, an internal gearbox problem.I would check the following items: Clutch operation(no shuddering and smooth engagement: this will tell you if the the clutch plate/pressure is good or bad).Clutch hydraulic system condition.Gearbox gear selection:no grating or weird noises.Gearbox and engine mountings.C.V joint conditions.
Ask the seller to see the service history and maybe book the van in at a Fiat agent for a full condition report including accident assessment to check that the van has not been in an accident.For a 2012 Scudo with 87k on the clock in good nick i would not pay more than $15k.If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.
Regards Paul.

Hi Paul
Great advice thank you, It was a Toyota dealer and they only offered me $100 trade in on my trusty Falcon ute, So I walked anyway.

Other Vans