Fiat Scudo

2007-Present, 1994-2006

5 questions from our users

Leerayasked

Scudo 2007-Present

2012 Fiat Scudo, Took one for a test drive today, drives great until i tried to reverse park, really noisy when the clutch is pushed in, vibration , grinding noise???? Put me off just wondered what the issue might be, only 87,000ks on the clock?

speedmerch
speedmerch

Hi Leeray,Does this only happen in reverse gear or does it happen when pulling off forwards as well.It sounds to me as though it could be a clutch/flywheel problem or worse, an internal gearbox problem.I would check the following items: Clutch operation(no shuddering and smooth engagement: this will tell you if the the clutch plate/pressure is good or bad).Clutch hydraulic system condition.Gearbox gear selection:no grating or weird noises.Gearbox and engine mountings.C.V joint conditions.
Ask the seller to see the service history and maybe book the van in at a Fiat agent for a full condition report including accident assessment to check that the van has not been in an accident.For a 2012 Scudo with 87k on the clock in good nick i would not pay more than $15k.If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.
Regards Paul.

Hi Paul
Great advice thank you, It was a Toyota dealer and they only offered me $100 trade in on my trusty Falcon ute, So I walked anyway.

Suheel awan

Suheel awanasked

Scudo

What weight can it carry?

Ulls
Ulls

1200kg

andy.cooke.374

andy.cooke.374asked

Scudo

I have a heater/fan problem with my 2011 scudo, 1/2/3 don't work but 4 does, is this a resistor problem and how do I repair it? thanks andy

Deeceer

Sounds like resistor as they let full power through on 4 and resist on 1 2 and 3. I'd get an auto electrician to looks at it. It's behind the left lower portion of the dash. You can get at it sort of by pulling out the little pocket/compartment on that side (near the door after the glovebox) and poss also by looking up to the fan unit underneath but I think it's all boxed within the fan unit, I can't quite remember. Mine needed a new resister and a new bit of harness but a good sparky could probably rebuild that bit of harness. I saw this about burning the wires: "Mine did exactly the same. It seems to be a common problem. There is the possibility to connect 2 ground-wires, but Fiat chose to use only one. One terminal can't carry the current for the fan, it overloads, and burns out." Because it turns out this is not uncommon in many Euro cars/vans (Peugeot, etc) using the same parts, there is plenty of mention on the internet.

Thomas

Thomasasked

Scudo

I have a new Fiat Scudo bought in November 2013. While turning into a main road specially when there are two lanes and an island access to turn - I cannot see the on coming traffic at all more so if the access is in an angle. Does the van need any modifications or should I modify the mirors?

Deeceer

Nothing wrong with the mirrors, just a visibility issue on all vans. A lot of van owners (myself included) have an aftermarket window fitted in the nearside sliding door so you can turn and look back through it. Also most people set up the side mirrors so they can see the side of the vehicle but all they're doing is making their side mirrors capture the same angle as their rear view mirror - looking behind them. Your side mirrors should be fanned out until you just stop seeing the side of the van. That way you see a vehicle behind in the rear view mirror, then it passes into your side mirror then into your actual peripheral vision in the front side window. Virtually 360 degrees all round. It works perfectly but I've lost count of the people who say 'I don't like it' just because it's not what they're used to. Give it a go. If you can't handle it, just try a small stick-on wide angle mirror from somewhere like Repco in the corner of your main mirror.

john14644

john14644asked

Scudo

Thinking about buying a fiat scudo 2010 van.
anyone have feedback on reliabilty ?

Deeceer

Got a 2010 Scudo bought new. Not driven far only 31K. Rarely carry capacity load, driven fairly gently as in not over-revved but front tyres gone in 30K, probably me cornering bit hard cos van handles so well. Only mechanical problem has been heater blower fan that blows hot & cold air out the vents on dash. Mid2012, it made noise & 'hot' electric smell briefly. Then OK til midNov when it died. Resistor that controls fan speed burned out. Van under warranty but dealer service poor & slow, parts coming from Italy by sea! Still waiting for repair over 7 weeks later, no aircon or windscreen demist in the height of summer. Now know from own research this fault common among Fiats. Also parts can be had in 10 days from UK on eBay. Current Fiat franchisee Ateco losing Aust distributorship to new Fiat Australia in April. Hopefully service better then. Van has been great, I love it, except this (minor?) problem made worse than it needed to be by the dealers poor service has spoiled it a bit.

Other Vans