Breeders Choice Cat Litter

Breeders Choice Cat Litter (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Cat Litter in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Breeders Choice? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

"The ammonia smell of the urine burns your eyes and lungs. It must be torture for cats and kittens."

Sadly, this product should be taken off the market. After a few days, the ammonia smell of the urine burns your eyes and lungs. It must be torture for cats and kittens.

Michg
MichgGympie

Eco friendly low scent litter

We have been using breeders choice cat litter for around 4 years now. Always knew it was great quality then seen it is the brand our local vets use in their cat wards too!

tv2
tv2Melbourne

Not great

Have been using this for almost two months with two cats. Started okay but unfortunately, the smell of cat wee permeates as this litter has no odour control over it. Poop odour control works well, but not the cat wee odour which makes me want to vomit. So on to another cat litter we go.

Lily
Lily

Great for small animals as well

I use this Breeders Choice Cat Litter for the under lining for my small animals and parrots. From the other brands I have tried, this is by far the best. The size is perfect, not too small that it can be ingested but big enough to cover the bottom of the cages without multiple layers. I have also found this product to contain the least dust/powder.

Charly
Charly

Quality product, been buying for years

Ktg
KtgTamworth

the best

With three indoor cats we have tried a lot of brands and this one is the best, most economic (bulk bags) and best smelling. Its easy to clean up and can vaccumm if it goes wandering. It doesn't crush up, is very absorbant, contains the smell.

NLD
NLD

Great stuff

I thinkmImget a different one for small animals but its the same thing, I use it for my rabbit works great

Great!

As long as you scoop out the sections of used litter daily and clean the litter box once a week, this is a great litter. Safe for kittens as it isn't a clumping litter, and made of recycled paper so its good for the environment. Easier to clean than sand litter. The only reason i imagine it would smell is if you didnt change the litter/clean out the used litter regularly.

Naomi
NaomiAU

Good at first but after a day or two smells like strong paint

Good at first but after a day or two smells like strong paint, really does not mix well with pee. It is a bit light so my cat has pushed it around the house.

PJ Bear
PJ BearMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Horrible, smelly will never buy again

This so called "Breeders Choice" is nothing more than dehydrated crumbled newspaper, has zero absorbancy & zero odour control, claims that a whole bag can last almost 1 month are unfounded, 1 bag did not even last a single cat household 1 week, & thats with removing all the soiled bits, not to mention the horrible ammonia smell after only 48 hrs, To make this litter anywhere near effective, the entire tray would need to be changed everyday. Terribly expensive & a waste of money.

Liz
LizIpswich

Great for Guinea pigs too

JZ66
JZ66VIC, 3055

Very happy

My cat likes it; I like it so it's a win/win. There is no smell in the house although I'm a stickler for clearing out the number 2s as soon as I know that they've occurred. I change it all once a week and don't find the number 1s smell. I also think it's reasonably priced.

pebble
pebbleWA, 6530

Does the job well and affordable compared to some

Cameron
Cameron

Sufficient product that is NOT a clumping product

Well said Angela, i have been using this product for some time and I find that it meets the need of our cats. It does NOT state anywhere that this is a clumping product. If someone feels to clean their cat litter once a week it will always smell like crap.

ANGELASydney, NSW

This has been a life saver for me with my allergies

bonnie48
bonnie48AU

Very good certainly worth trying

This is the brand of cat litter I usually buy and I love! The only down side is the lack of clumping which is convenient.

Luckyreg
LuckyregMacclesfield, South Australia

Excellent quality, environmentally friendly.

We have an inside cat, she prefers this over the clumping/ crystal litters. I'm happy because its recycled & biodegradable. I do all the litter tray maintenance & I find the pellets so easy to manage; easy to isolate the dirty/ wet litter and remove with the pet scoop. Easy to sweep up around the tray too. A 24litre bag only costs $19 and lasts us almost 2 months. We never have a problem with odour.

Highly illogical.
Highly illogical.ShiKahr, Vulcan

No KLINGON'S With Breeders Choice

Lorraine
LorraineNSW

Environmentally friendly, safe for small animals

This was the safest litter I could find for my rabbits, and it's been working well. Their urine can be smelly, but I've found this litter has pretty decent odor control. It's absorbent and doesn't clump, which is another pro when using it for small animals as clumping litters can cause an intestinal blockage if consumed. A little pricey, but overall good product.

Mick
Mick

Clear the house and disinfect the walls cause the cat piss is making the paint peel

This is garbage it don't clump it doesn't neutralise the urine odour
Anyone claiming this works is clearly one of those save the environment lunatics who'd rather live in filth then use a chemical
It's simple as this use this your house will stink you go through 4-5 bags a week seriously it's garbage catsan clumping clay is perfect
Just discovered it I refuse to live in filth in order to save a tree sorry hippies

Adeline
Adeline

No dust!

Machan
Machan

Highly recommended for Ferret Owners!

LukeyLeek
LukeyLeekSydney, NSW

Nup. Useless, my house had a hissy fit

Compared to clumping clay this stuff is useless. Pud Pud couldn't bury her doo doo and thus the dog ate it. The litter doesn't filter through the litter scoop so you throw so much away. It doesn't soak and clump thus I'm not looking forward to digging to the bottom of the litter box.
I'm taking it back to swap for something that works. As someone else wrote - I too wanted it to work but alas...

Nat
NatQueensland

Wanted to love it but our house stinks

Switched to this as had crystals and dogs kept getting into litter tray, but it smells awful, 2 days in, everytime, smell returns qucikly. looking to switch again as cannot stand the smell.

Copernicus
CopernicusMelbourne

Smelly and tracks throughout the house

This litter does nothing to control the smell of cat wee and it also sticks to our cat's paws so he walks it through the house. We've since changed to Ozpet which does an excellent job of odour control and the pellets are much bigger so no tracking.