Firefly Car Rental

1.9

Jess

JessPenrith

DO NOT BOOK THROUGH THEM

After dropping the car off and overcharged me the next day by $2,000. They said it was an error. It's a bloody big error. My account was overdrawn because of them. I was told it would be fixed within the hour. Still no money or confirmation at 2:56pm. If the money isn't back in my account by 5pm I'm going to the ombudsman

J, Brisbane.

J, Brisbane.South East Queensland, QLD

Total lack of information, poor customer service

nwbland

nwblandSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic Service & Car Hire Experience!

We hired a car through Firefly at Mackay QLD airport and their service was first class. We even got a car larger than expected as our first choice was not available. I will be highly recommending them to our family and friends. No issues on collection or return and the easiest car hire we have ever booked. We will be back again soon I'm sure :)

Car Rental Services

Find out how Firefly Car Rental compares to other Car Rental Services

I am one of the little happy car renters

Warning for CarJet and Firefly

They have put in systems to deceive the customer. I booked and paid in advance incl. CarJet extra insurance. When I picked up the car at Firefly they demanded 95 Euro for because I did not have a credit card, only a debit card. True, CarJet writes this in fine print, but most people do not see it. Probably CarJet and Firefly do this together and share the profits. I demanded the money back but did not get it, a week's car rental in smoke. I recommend AutoEurope or Rental Cars instead, none of which behave badly. Booked car today via Rental Cars / Hertz and last week with AutoEurope / Europcar, no problem just using debit cards.

Booking Process
Vehicle Condition

BEWARE of Firefly - I class what they did to me as Theft

Beware of Firefly... Murcia International Airport - Spain. I rented an Intermediate car at a very cheap price of just over 5 Euros for 10 days. There was only One member of staff on that morning so had to wait about an hour and a half in a queue until I got served. I was then offered the choice of either manual or automatic. I checked and the staff member confirmed that there would be NO Extra charge for either car, so I chose the Automatic. When I got home I was charged just over 37 Euros for an upgrade. They have refused to resolve this as I'd signed the rental agreement - Check everything you sign - I class this as Theft. - On a positive note, the car was very nice.

nima

nimaSydney, NSW

Terrible

Rob

RobRichmond-Tweed, NSW

SCAMMERS- get a fuel receipt when refilling

Hired a car on a great rate and it near new and everything went great so Am thinking it’s a good service. I had a thorough walk around with the returns clerk at Sydney airport who gave me the all good. The next week I get a $89 charge by Hertz who upon calling and asking WTH he explains FIREFLY have a clause that state if they have to touch the car in anyway..... Even if it’s 1/2 a litre of fuel they charge a $60 fee + costs. You are suppose to show a fuel receipt to the attendant even though he won’t ask you for one (deliberately) it appears now. Absolute scammers and given it’s a division of Hertz it’s even worse!

Booked cars not available

I booked a car through Firefly at Townsville Airport. The car was not available for pickup until 1.5hrs after the time I booked it for making me late for my appointment. Several other customers were also standing around waiting for the arrival of their booked car. Not good enough.

Car Rental Services

Find out how Firefly Car Rental compares to other Car Rental Services

Mad as hell

Mad as hellSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hertz Firefly car rentals deliver only half the car that was booked

Received Booked VehicleNo, I received a worse vehicle