First State Super

First State Super (page 2 of 6)

• Rates and Fees

Chris Weston

Chris WestonSydney, NSW

Rip Off Blood Suckers

I did casual work and had not choice but to put my super into a First State Super account. The super amount was $43.57. Although it is not a lot of super, it was taken by First State Super due to their stealthy opt out insurance policy. Because I did not know I had to opt out of their imposed insurance. I lost all my super.

$43.57 into super fund 31/07/2017
$0.29 interest earned
$6.54 - tax
$5.63 (Direct fee (net of tax) Not sure what this fee is for.
$31.69 Insurance premium I never asked for. My life and permanent disability insurance is with my main super fund. Who in their right mind puts a $31.69 insurance fee on $43???

Balance at 29/1/2018 $0.00

Dave

DaveMudgee

Limited Investment options

Strike1

Strike1Syndey

Low caliber investment managers!

I joined FSS's based on historical returns and the low fee. I was not looking for 10-11% "high growth" returns but a stable and secure investment and therefore opted for "balanced growth". Over the last one and a half year my net returns [(current balance)/(employer contribution - contribution tax)] were 2.7%. I could have got 2.8% with ING's Saving Maximiser account. I am disappointed and moving to another super fund.

Poor performance 2018

Disappointing results on the growth fund June - Dec 2018 resulting in about 4% loss + inflation rate of near 2%... surely no CEO xmas bonuses went out this year. I've been with FSS, my employer default fund for 12 years and salary sacrificing for the past 5 years. With these results I think I should consider other options.

NeilMGosford

Account losing money rapidly

Jess

JessBurnie

Disgusting treatment of widow

First State Super A.First State Super

Received a letter saying my account had been CLOSED.

Letter received saying my account has been closed and they would like me back. I have not closed and had consolidated 2 other fund accounts with them at the beginning of the year.
I feel physically ill.
Stolen IP Fees of ~ $3,000, offered $300 in return....still waiting....

PipCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Ren

RenPort Macquarie

Robbers and misery creaters

First State Super A.First State Super

I have been with FSS for over 10 years and found them good, but loging into my account is impossible. When you log in on your site a message comes up saying Um.. This isn't super. Please help.

Naida
Naida

how do I private message?

Worst customer service ever, its terrible and nasty real talk

If you like to waste your money and your time this is the answer ( First state super).I have been with them for 3 years now, horrible experience with their service team, sneaky and nasty and refused to pay my money back. Best thing they do is ignoring you enquiries and they are masters in deception. I will get heart attack soon because of them.

Ahmad Obeidat

Same Experience - impossible to close account

Rob

RobCanberra Central 2602, ACT

Excellent Customer Service

Can't understand all the negative feedback around customer service. I have always found FSS representatives to be courteous and prompt. No complaints over the past 10 years what so ever.

Kie, Sydney

No Customer Service, Deregistered my account and charging for services im not eligible for.

Marie Hart

Marie HartSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

First state super have no customer service, they never answer emails in a timely fashion

MadharryCity

customer service non existent

awful customer service with inaccurate information....don't do what they say...have to keep chasing them to do something.
Low fees I think though its hard to figure them out...Avoid.

Madharry

..all fixed now by FSS...maybe they're improving or trying to...fees are low so that's an offset.

Rocky

RockyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Impossible to roll over out of First State Super, not accepting email and requesting post the docume

Che

Che

Lack of Customer Service Very frustrating company!

They had my other beneficiary name incorrectly spelt on my profile. When I inquired about it the lady whom I spoke with she insisted that's how i wrote it on my form. I told her I have checked that and that beneficiary is my daughter how in the world I will spell her name incorrectly because I named her. So she asked me to mail another form which i did immediately and mailed to them it has been 4 mos now since I mailed my form to them but they haven't updated it!!!! What a shame!!! its only a name change which can be done as easy as 123 but they are so incompetent about it so how we gonna trust them of our hard earned super if that single thing they cannot do it properly!

Transfer/roll over out of First State

Difficult to transfer funds out of first state super.
Been an ongoing issue for the last 6 months as there is always some glitch..
Has costed me so far around about $4000 from fees that first state is charging from still having an account with them.
Don't bother sending a response to this first state super offering to help.... This review is in response to your lack of assistance via the various phone and email correspondences ..

brett H.

brett H.asked

Has anyone else experienced problems accessing their loved one’s account due to not having an enduring power of attorney?

Undies

Undiesasked

Why are there such big delays in FSS displaying unit prices, numerous times throughout the year ? Sometimes it gets a week behind in displaying the current unit prices.

LetsTalk

LetsTalkasked

I am looking at my Allocation (%), Number of Units per allocation and respective Unit Price. Apart from fluctuations in the Unit price,
I noticed over a period of 1 year the Number of Units for each allocation had shrunk. In other words I now had less Units in total than a year ago even though i had not changed my allocation. The % Allocation had also adjusted.
Please explain where the missing units had gone?

Hi,

We would be happy to discuss the questions you raised regarding unit balance and allocation. If you could please call us on 1300 192 602 we can discuss the specifics of your account.

Jamie