2Firstyle Homes

Firstyle Homes Questions & Answers

Verifiedfirstyle.com.au
Anup
Anup

Hi, this is Anup owner of lot 5 Cultivation road, Austral. I have sent a emails lots of time asking about brick wash which was left due over but couldn’t get any information about it. During handover time supervisor Bill, told me he gonna do brick wash later on when he gonna do another house brick wash which was on the rear side. But the supervisor who did my house handover had already left a job and never got any email and call for brick wash. Are you guys gonna do it or not?

Dear CEO,
I purchased a house-land package with Firstyle Homes and the land settlement was completed in early March 2023. However, one business day afternoon prior to land settlement, Firstyle emailed me to sign Final Variation Form with several months tender extension fee. In fact, the tender expiry date on building contract is clearly indicated to be early of April. The whole contract particularly Tender Acceptance & Quotation Disclosure was signed completely by Firstyle and ourselves. From all the evidences and documents, it proves that Firstyle signed the build contract knowingly and voluntarily. As we know, the signature on the written signed contract is irrefragable evidence of Firstyle assent to the whole agreement. Unfortunately, Firstyle neglect the contract content and insist on imposing so-called tender extension fee on me. Despite the above, in order to resolve the issue since March, I will by way of a goodwill contribution to pay the amount equally as mentioned in the form this time. And the fee I pay is based on consideration of the increased material and labour costs. I will not pay further increase in price. I would like to know if the terms I raise are acceptable. Your prompt response is highly appreciated in advance.

Management will be in contact with you , today ! CEO

Karti S.
Karti S.

Hi
Just wondering do we get bonus for landscape after we be done built with firstyle?how to claim?

Firstyle Homes   DM

Hi Karti, Apologies for the delayed response. Could we please ask that you email us with your contact details to enable our team to understand more about your specific job. Please email marketing1@firstyle.com.au.

koffeetime
koffeetime

Admin period with Firstyle Homes?

Hi all, wondering how long is the admin period with Firstyle Homes. We paid the $1000 deposit for the soil test and survey over the weekend and have been reading through the construction process in general. I can't seem to find the various stages with Firstyle Homes. Can someone please help?

P.S - we are looking to build Grantham 40.2 (custom) in Gables, Box Hill.

Firstyle Homes   DM

Good Morning, Congratulations on choosing the Grantham, this is a wonderful home.

The pre-construction process can generally take somewhere between 4-6 months, however you’ll be pleased to know that Firstyle provide a 9 month fixed price tender period in case you need more time. Firstly, the initial design and planning stage is crucial in ensuring that you achieve the best possible outcome on your land and that your design meets your family needs. Once you have completed the design work with your sales executive and accepted your tender, we will proceed to drawing your final plans for lodgment. The final lodgment plans will be presented to you for your review and approval. After which, the plans will be lodged to either council or private certifier for building plan approval & building contracts will be drawn up. At this time, we will also be working with you to complete your external, internal, tile and electrical selections which is very exciting. Once your selections are finalised, building approvals received and you have obtained finance approval from the lender your job will progress to the construction stage.

Your sales executive can provide you with greater detail and information on the pre-construction (admin) process and more specific timelines to help you plan. Please get in contact if you have any further questions.

Dear ceo
We bought the house and land package in field house circuit Campbelltown. My name is Ye Wint Naing. Our cdc approval has been taking so long and it is more than 4 weeks now. Last time they said they are waiting for Engineering for Sydney water approval. However our tender expire later March and we have the pool to be done prior construction and they all asking for the cdc approval for the house. I have contacted jim yesterday regarding this but no reply.could u plz follow up and help us. Thx

Firstyle Homes   DM

Yen, You can direct any questions or concerns to our head office via, your pre construction co-ordinator, Yvonne. Alternatively you can speak to Darko our Pre Construction Manager, or Jim our sales manager. Unfortunately Jim is in Covid isolation and shall return in the next day or two. Either of these mangers will be able to assist with your question above.

Adil Ahmad

Hi there folks. I am building with First style now in the final stages of pre construction just wanted to ask one quick question. How long does it take for First style to start construction after the final documents are signed. Thanks in advance

Firstyle Homes   DM

Adil, Construction will generally commence within 20 working days of your file being released to the construction department .
You will receive an official letter advising you when this occurs .
I believe your particular job file will be released to construction
In the next few days once all finance documentation / confirmation has been received .

Adil Ahmad

Hi CEO , thank you for replying. I actually started my process from july 2021 and here i am in Feb 2022 now if it takes another 20 days before the construction starts this is going to delay my process significantly further. I appreciate that there was covid 19 but as i mentioned above i started my process since July 2021 its more than 7 months. Some of my friends who are building they are handed over houses with in 7 months. Also i am little concerned if the preconstruction take this much time how long the build is going to take.

I hope you can escalate this and start my process as soon as possible. Looking forward to a positive response.

Adil

Firstyle Homes   DM

Adil, Although you state the process commenced in July, it should be noted that this refers to preliminary drawings and tender pricing. As you are aware your land settlement date was not until the 22nd November. Our company actually pre lodged your CDC application (plan approvals) on the 18th November, in anticipation of land settlement . We obtained all approvals on the 23rd December. It should also be noted that our company can not obtain any approvals until the land is settled and in the clients name. We therefore pre-empted and obtained all approvals within a 4 week period. With all due respect I believe any expectations of a quicker approval time are total unreasonable.

I have attached a factual timeline for your information and for others reading this thread.

Land registration – 13th October
Client Land settlement – 22th November
DRP Approval – 23rd December
CDC approval 23rd December
Shutdown Period – 23rd December to Mid-January
Construction Specs Issued to Client 1st February
Job released to go construction 3rd February
Construction to commence WITHIN the next few weeks!

Your construction CSO will be in touch with you shortly and will advise you of construction commencement .

Hi Adil,
Building with Firstyle is a slow and painful process. I commenced my building process in November 2020, when I paid my deposit for the land and then signed my contract on 18th December 2021. Although my land got registered in Feb, these guy sat on my file doing nothing until after mid March when they started to show some movement and took 4 months roughly to finalise all the pre-construction. The construction began on 22nd June and I have been waiting since then to get my house. The supervisor on my job left the company midway and then that delayed my construction further, all my cohorts who started with me moved into their home and settled well. And I have to deal with them everyday.
And by the way their supervisor do not plan for rainy days which they save to use as an excuse to delay the job as much as possible.

My recommendation to you is that you are in for a ride. Just hold tight

Adil Ahmad

Thanks Syed for the detailed information.
Dear CEO can you please comment regarding the above situation with Syed. I most certainly cannot afford the same delayed process. I went with First Style as i was promised that things would go smoothly even-though in the start there were a few hiccups but i hope i dont have to wait this long.

Salah Uddin C.
Salah Uddin C.

Dear CEO,

I signed up for House and Land package with Firstyle Homes on 09/07/2020. Following lengthy pre construction process the construction finally started in January 2021. The handover was determined to be 02/09/21 exactly after 32 weeks. There was delay due to Covid which was only for 2 weeks, however the construction for my house was halted for almost 3 months. Following exchange of hand full of email and calls the matter was escalated. I eventually had an on-site meeting with the construction manager (Daniel) who promised to hand over the house by 22/10/21 pending works still needed to be completed. An official variation to the building contract was raised stating the hand over date to be on 22/10/21 and the works (stated in the variation) would be completed by 17/12/2021. As promised the house was handed over on 22/10/21, however the works listed in the variation is still pending (only one work completed). The official completion date of the variation was 17/12/2021. I have contacted Firstyle Homes before and after the due date and every time I would get the same answer that they are trying their best. I was promised that this would be completed ASAP in the new year after the office reopens. The variation work specially the brick rectification needs urgent attention. When Daniel was on site for the inspection he confirmed that the bricks for the full house needed rectification and he would get NawKaw to do it. As per last email I was informed that the case is now with the general manager. It has been almost 2 weeks since I received last communication and no response to my email last week. Now that this has gone way beyond the due date and also I have already spent too much time going back and forth, I would really appreciate if you could let me know when the variations could be completed and if the matter could be escalated. Thank you.

Hope to hear from you soon as the official contract variation date has already lapsed last month.

Salah Uddin
Built at Bradbury 2560

Firstyle Homes   DM

Salah, As you are aware our General Manager has this in hand .
You are welcome to contact him anytime regarding any concerns.

Dear CEO,

We bought a home & land package and official construction started on 15th April 2021. Scheduled practical completion was 30 September 2021, but due to COVID, a 4 week extension was requested. Until now the build has no set handover date with no formal request of another extension. Reasons provided every update, first, was due to COVID restrictions and then weather has been added. We have been very understanding with these challenges but there should be limit with these excuses because a lot of builds around us have very fast progress and have been finished even some builds that started later than ours. Our build did not have any significant progress in more than 3 months that made our bank contact our broker because of the strange occurrence.

Hopefully you can help us speed up the build.

Firstyle Homes   DM

EOD, Thank you for your patience … yes we certainly have had some challenges with time frames due to Covid ,wet weather and material / labour supply as a result of Covid . Rest assured these are not excuses but a reality of the building industry in general . We are currently prioritising those jobs which have experienced delays as our no 1 priority ! Can you provide you job number or address so we can contact you regarding this matter .
Assuring you we are doing our very best under very challenging circumstances !

job number : 3673-20
We tend to question those reasons because as mentioned other builds around us are progressing very fast. Weeks of delay under these circumstances is understandable, but months of delay like ours is too much.

Firstyle Homes   DM

EDO, With due respect I am not sure how you would like this company to limit “EXCUSES” (as you call them ) such as Covid, rain delays & the Christmas shut down period .
You comments are noted and as previously stated management will be attending to you as a priority !

Michael
Michael

Dear CEO
I have purchased a house and land package in leppington and I am just about to start construction, I have been charged an additional 3450$ because the tender date had expired and when I had asked why I was charged I was told I missed the deadline with the tender due to the land not being registered in time, I had no control over when the land was getting registered, I was also sent to the Firstyle homes twice to sign my building contract and both times the sales representative could not find my building contract, I also got sent another one of your clients contracts by post and I had to drive 2 hours to exchange contracts with another one of your clients

Cornell
Cornell

Dear CEO
Bought house and land package in may land went through august nothing has started as yet.
Went to color appointment was told we could not choose our bricks or facades colours. Due to council DA First mention of this in five months, was told by rep we could choose brick and facade colours but could not change structure in initial meeting was in total shock .still at this stage unsure what colour scheme is
Could you please contact me l have other questions as well

SarayuM
SarayuM

Hi Cornell, I built my house from First Style. I went through the same situation as you did. They have their own policy and way of working. Eventually, I got the satisfactory outcome. Patience is the key until time arrives to make a decision what to choose. I am very happy with their outcome today. I would go with the flow at this moment. Thanks

Firstyle Homes   DM

Cornell, I believe our pre construction manager has been in contact and is working with you in relation to your colour schemes & addressing the concerns you have raised .
We are here to assist and work with you in order to achieve the best possible result for you !
Unfortunately Covid has caused some delays , but I understand that your file is very close to commencement once your colour selections have been finalised !

Dear ceo,
I bought house and land package in Campbelltown in august. There has been a lot delay with especially the land part. Even the settlement is booked for the day, the vendor solicitor postponed because they are not ready and there was an error. I really would like to escalate to the management team as it can affect our building period. If someone from management team can give me a call, so that we can go through issues.

Firstyle Homes   DM

We would be only to happy to discuss this matter with you! However, I do not have your job details . You are more than welcome to contact our sales manager, Jim Antoun at our Head Office 97319600. Alternatively you can provide your job details and we can contact you !

Ye naing
Ye naing

Dear CEO
We got a contact from Jim last 2 weeks ago. He said they don't be late no more than 2 of december. We did a sattelment date again 2 of december.These day, they are not ready for land sattelement again. He said to me last friday, they already got land sattle from landcome. That's why we can do sattle on monday. But till this time, when i contact my solicitor, they said land sattle need to get more document from firstyle home solicitor. And then, the land sattle is block, we can't go forward for the building as well. Tinder contract is only 6 month. For the land sattlement is take nearly 3 month.Can u help me please. Thanks

khine

Dear ceo, I bought house and land pacakage from you guys at the end of august. There has been a lot of delay with the land part. Even the settlement is booked for that day and everyone is ready, the delayed for a few weeks because the vendor solicitor side is not ready and there is error on their side. I really would like to escalate to the management team as it can affect our building period because of their negligience. Can someone from management team call us so that we can talk about this issue. Thx
Ye

khine

My job number is 4282-21. Thx ceo. I really appreciate it.
With regards
Ye

Dear CEO,

I have already paid the deposit for the house and land package on the afternoon of 25 June. However, the next day from 6pm 26 June, Greater Sydney imposed lockdown restrictions which have been extended to 30 July. During the long period of five weeks, I am unable to go out freely even though I need more time to check out the place again.

In addition, I would like to see the Austin Façade. The Austin Façade is not available in any of the display centers so far. Could you please check if there is a completed Austin Façade for me to view in person?

Due to the above reasons, I seek your assistance for a grace period to allow me to have ample time to resolve any of my concerns after lockdown has ended.

Best Regards,

Firstyle Homes   DM

Ladida, I believe that Craig is your sales consultant at Oran Park displays.
He will be in contact with you to discuss your concerns and work with you.
Craig will also assist you with your façade selection.
regards,

Hi CEO,

Thank you for your prompt response.
Hopefully my two requests can be processed well.

Thanks,

Dear CEO,

5 years ago we knocked down and rebuilt our home with Firstyle. There has been minor issues in that time of ownership but have all been resolved by Firstyle.

We are now looking at purchasing a home and land package and was wondering if there will be any discounts or any benefits for being a returned customer?

Cheers,

Firstyle Homes   DM

Drew, The short answer is , yes. We will always endeavour to look after return clients.
Please mention this post when you visit our display centre.

Drew

Thank you for confirming. Excited to start our second journey building with Firstyle :)

Aloonee

Hi I would love to see a Montara 24.4. Is it possible to see one that is complete or near completion. We would like to buy one but you don't have any 24.4 to look at. Is this possible at all?

Firstyle Homes   DM

Aloonee, Thank you for your enquiry.
I suggest you contact our Marsden Park sales consultant , Geoff Masters . He is available by appointment during this
period . He will be able to walk you through the Montara on Display as well as 2 other Montara 24.1 which are nearing completion . He may be contacted on 0484 100611 at your convenience.

Hi CEO,

Thanks for your prompt reply.
I have made contact with Geoff and will be viewing the Montara in riverstone today.
I have to say that so far your team have made a great 1st impression.
So far Ken, Geoff and Elena have been helpful and knowledgeable and as a result it looks like we will be going ahead with your company with the house and land package.
I can only hope that the rest of the process will also be a great experience.

Much appreciated.
Thanks Aloonee.

Andrew
Andrew

Buying home and land package , have been asked to sign (option deed sales advice) have no idea what’s that , is it ok to sign ?

Firstyle Homes   DM

Andrew, An option deed is one thing and a sales advice is another.
If your sales person is requesting a signature on a sales advice then this is a simple document which contains your details and your solicitor details in order to proceed to a contract of sale . You are under no obligation and can retract from the sale at any time .
If you are signing an option deed this is usually done with the advice of your solicitor. This is a legally binding document and you will be legally bound to your purchase .
I suggest you contact our Head Office and ask for our sales manager, Jim Anton , he will advise your further on this matter - 9731 9600.

ABU AK B.
ABU AK B.

Dear CEO/ GM
Could you please advise why do we have to take neutral glazed Comfort glass (tinted) for the windows and sliding doors? while it is not a requirement from the Government or the certifier? Why we are being forced ? According to NatHERS certificate we require Double Glazed air fill clear Glasses to match up the U Value of 4.8 and SHGC .51 but your official wants to give us smart glass to match up those requirement while we do not want it ? Why are they giving us misleading information that it is a govt requirement and we being forced to take and your officials stopped our constructions?
Different Government officials advised us that we only to meet the energy ratings regardless of any sorts of Glasses. It could be tinted /smart/ Comfort glass or could be clear glass ?
We can not afford delays while we pay rent and mortgage together please.

Firstyle Homes   DM

ABU AK B. Our General Manager is in direct contact with you regarding the above matter.
It should be noted our company does not "force" any of our clients. We advise, discuss and liasion
with our clients .

Angela I.

Are Put & Call Options mandatory?

Firstyle Homes   DM

Angela, I'm not quite sure of your question other than to say that 'put and call options' are not mandatory. They are a mechanism used by our company to secure land in order to provide House and Land packages to clients. Put and call options allow our company to nominate our clients on land with pre-determined house designs. This provides the purchaser certainty with regard to both compliance and pricing i.e. Fixed Price House & Land packages.

Thanks for the response.
So can I proceed with the exchange of the land without the Put and Call Option?

Firstyle Homes   DM

Angela, Our company will nominate you under our put & call option. If you are purchasing a H & L package from our company I recommend you clarify this procedure with your sales executive or alternatively, you can contact our sales manager at Head Office. They will be only to happy to run through the procedure and assist you in this regard.

Very Reasonable Human
Very Reasonable Human

Dear Mr. CEO,

We have spent 1000's of dollars in variation to build our first home. The vanity drawers have gone wrong despite spending lots of time, money, and efforts. Although one of your employees had tried his best, apparently they only standard answer I get is we can't fix it. Overall our experience with Firstyle has been extremely disappointing except one or two of your employees! Please be advised we have spent all our life savings and hard-earned money but the outcome has been devastating to both ourselves and our bank accounts! I'd appreciate it if you can help turn-around the situation!

Thanks,
Carthik

Firstyle Homes   DM

Carthik, I am certain we can turn your situation around .
Management will be in touch with you tomorrow morning .
Can you provide a job no. or suburb as a reference .

Hi, Firstyle Homes (FH CEO, Mr Romeo),
It's my query to you based on the ongoing delaying elements in regards to the execution of construction of our property at Orna Park. I believe if, every job is evenly distributed then the expected deadline should not vary too much. All the time, the same and lame reply given by the front staff at Oran park display centre is very annoying and becoming untrustful. We came to you on the basis of word of mouth. Did we make any mistake?

Firstyle Homes   DM

Our management team will be speaking to you personally in order address any concerns you may have . Assuring you of our best endeavours !
Ceo

Thanks, and Appreciated...

Promil

The main motive behind this post is to keep the Genuity of this forum, essentially for Firstyle Builders.
I am updating this thread, in-line with my first thread especially for the reader who is keen to know about Firstyle.

Dear Readers,
The aftermath of my previous query was terrific. Peeps, I m lacking with my words for their praise. I was immediately contacted by Firstyle sales manager (Mr Jim) who introduced me to Pre-construction manager (Mr Darko Ubiparipovic, a guy with excellent skills and commendable behaviour). His bosses must be having a lot proud of on him, as like us that we were at the right door, in the right hands.
We (My wife and I) can't ignore Darko's attention to detail attitude and efforts, who was tirelessly working back and forth in generating the floorplan (trust me this must be a very frustrating period for Darko). This was also the time where I had also learned something from him, the deep meaning of the word so-called "Patience".

Now floorplans are ready (16/04/2020) and moving to the next stage. I will keep this thread open till we finally take over the property.

Waheeda M.
Waheeda M.

@promil - Thank you. I was considering my first build with firstyle. your review has been really helpful.

Hi Folks,

I was a bit away from updating the thread for my experience with #FirststyleHomes;

We are nearly there for the key handover; our construction started late due to some layouts issues and demands. Anyways, after the selection process and other processes, construction started in Nov 2020, and currently, it is March 2021; I really like to acknowledge Luke (site supervisor) and Kobie (CSO, from the construction dept.) in one word, 'excellent and hard-working people".

The handover date is 22 March 2021 as per the contract and the way things are really "impressive and no complaints".

Once we got the keys and all the issues stitched, I will end this thread with my final overall comment.

PS: - Mr CEO, Firstyle homes.....you got a " V. Good Team."

Get an answer from our members and Firstyle Homes representatives