Fisher & Paykel 373L Vertical

4 questions from our users

Sharon smith

Sharon smithasked

373L Vertical

Why are we getting a build up of ice in the fridge and how do we fix it

annie

annieasked

373L Vertical

I have F & P vertical freezer Model N388 Serial No MLF 296892R Product 12018 Series D.
It is leaking water ( which freezes) on the right side of the unit which leaks out and door then does not close, This has happened twice in 3 months. We have had the unit for several years. Is it past its use-by date or should we look to have it repaired? Many thanks for your assistance. :)

Martin L

Martin Lasked

373L Vertical

I have a F & P upright fridge model e373 it is leaking water into the bottom of the fridge, every day. I have been told that it might be a blocked drain. how do I get to the internal drain, how do the panels come off?

Miriam P
Miriam P

Hi Martin, They should just pop out - there is a space for your fingers in the centre between the two panels - from memory, these are attached by velcro. Water leaking into the bottom of the fridge was the beginning of the problem with my fridge - there was a problem with the thermostat, so I had it fixed and within three months ....leaking water again and then it became very noisy as a result of ice building up, that's when it was taken away for 2 weeks for investigation and repair - very expensive exercise only to have to go through the whole process again. The fridge was clearly a lemon! Hopefully your fridge isn't and it is only a blocked drain. I wish you all the best with it.

Vickiasked

373L Vertical

Great Fridge size wise, vegetables keep well in the bottom storage drawer BUT we keep getting puddles on the floor/bottom of the fridge which turn into floods on the kitchen floor, We have to place a towel at the bottom of fridge to catch the water. Have tried adjusting the temperature but nothing seems to stop it. We moved into this house and the fridge was here and we dont have a manual. Maybe someone here has a simple solution or maybe we have to get it serviced.

Gustave

Getting it serviced isn't the answer. We periodically have the same problem. Have tried cleaning defrosting and servicing. Turns out that you can't overload the fridge with food. Either that or the serviceman had no idea either. Still happens to us now and then but only when the fridge is very full. Good luck.

Vicki

Thank You Gustave, Yes ours seem to be ok for awhile and we think it has fixed itself but then we get another flood. We tried turning the temperature down in the winter time and this seemed to work for awhile at least. Its hard to work out why it happens. Will try not overloading although I wouldnt have thought ours was ever over loaded :) Thanks again for your advice and post, Best from Vicki

Gustave

I was having the flood problem again so I cleaned out the fridge, left it off and open for 4 hours then re-stacked it. problem gone. Must have been ice build up in the back. Hope this will help you. Worst thing that can happen is you just get a clean fridge lol.

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives