Fisher & Paykel 451L Upright E450 Series

Fisher & Paykel 451L Upright E450 Series Questions & Answers

E450LWW (White, Left Door), E450RWW (White, Right Door), E450RXFD (Stainless Steel, Right Door), etc...

11 questions from our users

flashbrack

flashbrackasked

451L Upright E450 Series

I need to remove the door lining to tighten the door handle. Please advise procedure. E450 vertical single door fridge only.

flashbrack

flashbrackasked

451L Upright E450 Series

Robert G.

Robert G.asked

451L Vertical E450RWW (White, Right Door)

Can the E450RWW fridge be integrated with the integral kit? Need to replace C450 which is integrated. I notice the integral kit instructions and required cabinet size mentions the E450.

Catherine H.

Catherine H.asked

451L Vertical E450RWW (White, Right Door)

not a question but an answer if you have water pooling under your vege crisper. It can be fixed!!!
Reason the water is pooling is that the drain hole is located high underneath the cooling fan - unfortunately the moulded lip of the fridge back, which empties into the drain hole, isn't wide enough to catch the water dropping off the inner fan cover so water is then running down the back of the fridge behind the air vents and collecting at the bottom (where you won't find any drain holes). To fix simply remove the long centre air vent panel by popping in each side. Next remove the outer cover of the fan (ensure you turn off power beforehand). There were no screws on our model but it was difficult to get off - we couldn't find any relevant info on google, but we persevered. The top sides come off easily and we just played by running skinny screw drivers down the edges and sort of pulled the piece in and away from the bottom right side and it popped off - sorry not very technical. You will see immediately water dropping off the plastic inner fan covers falls past the moulded drain ledge. We found that the red moulded plastic lid of a masterfood mustard jar worked great when wedged underneath the inner fan cover. It pushed the cover up and inwards and allowed the water to drop onto the ledge and run into the drain hole. I have only had this fridge today and it appears to have done the trick. Hopefully no other issues will be discovered because it otherwise seems like a great fridge with plenty of room.

Kevin
Kevin

Luckily my problem was a build-up of ice in the collector channel which was easy to clear once I got the upper panel off. Getting the panel off was a mission, being unsure how it was attached (not obvious). I used several old thin-bladed, kitchen knives (the ones your Nana had) to prise the right hand edge of the panel away from the body of the fridge. After persevering, the panel just popped off. My biggest fear was that the plastic would crack/break before the panel released, but, luckily, it stayed in one piece. I took a few photos with the panel off so that I will know what I am dealing with next time.

John
John

Kevin I’m really afraid of breaking that cover, any suggestions?

steve
steve

it is much easier if you drop the thermostat and the wiring loom cover down and pull the back plate from the corner that the thermostat wiring comes out. To do this simply remove the light cover and remove the two Philips head screws and drop down thermostat and wiring loom cover and pull the back plate from that corner, and thanks for the tip on the drain

Julie Miller

Julie Millerasked

451L Vertical E450RW1 (White, Right Door)

Compressor stops fan constant except when open door, fridge stays at 20 degrees. Help?

Rose Whelan

Rose Whelanasked

451L Vertical E450LXFD (Stainless Steel, Left Door)

hi Our fridge has lost its powerful suction when opening? just wondering if this is a problem? it is a few years old.

sjb

sjbasked

451L Vertical E450RXFD (Stainless Steel, Right Door)

My freezer has developed a leak at the bottom right hand corner of the door - is there a way to defrost just the freezer?

Tom Hoonhout
Tom Hoonhout

Sorry nothing to do with me. I have the all fridge. No freezer. Check with Fisher & Paykel

fisher_man
fisher_man

Drain hole is blocked.
F&P technician can unblock the hole so it won't leak again.
The technician may show you how to unblock it yourself for next time.

Mike
Mike

Would be sensible for fisher and paykel to show how the drain tube is cleaned out with a link to a youtube video.
To state a technician can unblock it and show you is un acceptable and just another cost for anyone purchasing these fridges

Robert

Robertasked

451L Vertical E450RXFD (Stainless Steel, Right Door)

The top of the handle has come loose after a couple of months, and no amount of tightening of screws at top and bottom seem to make a difference. Possibly it needs inside of door removed to access horizontal screws. Any ideas? Answer appreciated.

Fisher & Paykel
Rudi K.Fisher & Paykel

It is very difficult to make an accurate diagnosis of the specific cause without the benefit of inspecting your appliance.

If you would like to arrange a technician to attend to your refrigerator, you can call our 24-hour Customer Care Centre on 1300 650 590 and a Customer Representative will assist you with service in your area.

Alternatively, you can search for service in your area by using our online locator at the following link: http://www.fisherpaykel.com/au/support/service-appliances#request-a-service

If there is a Fisher & Paykel technician in your area, a form will be generated which you can complete to submit a service request using our online booking facility. Otherwise, the locator will provide you with the contact details for the Authorised Service Centre(s) near your area.

Vivian

Vivianasked

451L Vertical E450RWW (White, Right Door)

I have the E450 415L fridge and freezer as part of an integrated fridge and freezer in my kitchen. The fridge has been leaking water on the bottom near the crisper container everyday, and we are constantly trying to regulate the temperature as sometimes it doesn't get cold, and at times there is ice on the back panel when it is set at lower temperature. I am very frustrated as I have barely had the fridge for 6 months. Am I doing something wrong?

Fisher & Paykel
Rudi K.Fisher & Paykel

Anne
Anne

In other words we won’t answer you on this common problem.

sylvia

sylviaasked

451L Vertical E450RMFD (Iridium, Right Door)

Fridge leaks water under the crisper not all the time why does it do this?

Masterpeace
Masterpeace

We had this problem too. Our appliance repair guy was able to install a kit that stopped this. It is a design fault in the fridge. Unfortunately, by the time we found out that this kit was available, the timber floor under the refrigerator was ruined.

Chantelle v.
Chantelle v.

We have the same problem. Would you be able to tell us what kit was used to solve the leaking. Thank you.

jimboasked

451L Vertical E450RWW (White, Right Door)

Our e450r always gers water in the bottom. Has done it since new. Need to manually clean it out every day. Is this right.
Thanks in anticipation

Emanandl
Emanandl

Never had this issue. The moisture must come from somewhere and to me it would have to be from the air being condensed in the fridge. Maybe your door is not being closed properly or left open too long. Possibly check for moisture on your land leaking pipe particularly if your house is on a slab. Other than that I can't imagine where it is comming from. The fridge can't make the water. Hope this helps.

jimbo

Fisher & Paykel came & found the problem. Needed to reposition a metal plate in the back of the fridge (behind plastic panel) & put in another part to catch the condensate as it was dripping off the plate past the channel that was supposed to cathc the drip & feed them into the drain. Bottom of fridge has been dry ever since rather than remove .25 Litre most days.

Rob
Rob

I have the same problem , E450 all fridge , constantly fills with water in the bottom of the fridge under the crisper and then leaks out of the fridge onto the floor when you open the door , I have checked the drain and run a cleaning cable through it , makes no difference . I would assume this fridge is a lemon in regards to this problem . The fridge works very well otherwise and we have owned the fridge for a long time , and the door seals very well . But this water problem has steered me away from any future purchases of this brand . It's a shame as it has been a good product otherwise

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives