Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Freezer (RF522B Series)

17 questions from our users

Wayne S.
Wayne S.asked
Robby
Robby

HI Wayne. I don't think it did but if so I would have put them out. I prefer to get my eggs fresh that have not been in the fridge and then they can stay on the bench or in my cupboard. of course once they have been refrigerated then you need to place them in the fridge but with so many compartments and shelf adjustments then I would use an egg carton or an egg holder from the market . Hope this helps. Cheers

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Answer is in the manual

GGA
GGAasked
ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Freezer (RF522B Series)

All my appliances are fisher and paykel so buying a new fridge of the same brand was a no brainer, however, the so called active smart fridge is anything but! Items freeze in the centre top shelf, and if you lower the temperature, the items in the door are warm. Very disappointing fridge.

Kburra
Kburraasked
ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Freezer (RF522B Series)

Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Freezer (E522B Standard Series)Have this refrigerator is it possible to purchase two NEW crisper drawers for same,ours have broken.
Barry Coaker (Victoria)

Phillip
Phillipasked
Binu M.
Binu M.

Not sure, I have only seen steel colour.

ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Freezer (RF522B Series)

Can anyone please tell me what the alarm beeping for one whole minute around 2am every morning is and how do I turn it off. The Activesmart Refrigerator model RF522BR PWL 519litre is 2 years old and has been doing it since purchase.

Shannon H.
Shannon H.

I'm wondering if your freezer or fridge is either not going cold enough or something is stopping it from shutting

Franni B
Franni Basked
ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Freezer (RF522B Series)

does my F&P Bottom mount 519 lire fridge/freezer RF522B have a light in the freezer section?

Barbara S.
Barbara S.asked
ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Freezer (RF522B Series)

How do I adjust temperature which is the coldest. Up the top or down the bottom.?

ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Freezer (RF522B Series)

Is there an alarm set on this fridge. Doors are shut but an alarm sounds at 2.20am

ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Freezer (RF522B Series)

Does this fridge have an alarm set. Doors are closed but an alarm goes off at 2.20am and lasrs for about 30-40 seconds

JudyR

Check this website out: https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2391709. Someone on there has an answer to alarm going off.

Patricia B.asked

Purchased FisherPaykel Active Smart 519Bottom Mount Freezer RF522BRPX6,
Since delivered 1 week ago, both doors not close completely. Alarm beeps to advise close door.
Also when open door of fridge, attempt open top shelf cabinet lid inside door, hits top of inside fridge compartment, have to fully open fridge door so can open compartment lid.
Seems to be design fault. Anyone else have these issues?
Emailed where purchased from, Appliances Online Vic.,NO answer on that question. I know they received email, as I also needed Tax Invoice of payment for Fisher Paykel request. The invoice was sent via email.

JudyR

I find the fridge door doesn't close as easily as my older fridge, in that I have to give it a decent push to close properly. Most times I don't manage it and of course, beeps to alert the door is not closed properly. But I don't find this a huge problem. No problem with cabinet lid inside door. I love my fridge freezer.

mimi

I love mine . No probs. However the door does need an extra push. I rang about it and was told it is not a fault but a designbto stop small fingers etc being shut in it.

Patricia B.

Thanks for answers. So need push doors hard. Will do this, just annoying. Suppose could say good that Alarm alerts.

As for dairy compartment issue, will wait see if anyone can give helpful advice. This top swing lid section on door is used multiple times daily.
Never needed open door all way with other Fridges.

Memeasked
ActiveSmart RF522BRPX6 (Stainless Steel, Right Door, Recessed Handle)

Just bought this fridge this thursday from HM and delivered today, as it instructed to leave the fridge for 3 hours by the delivery guy and then leave empty running for 2 to 3 hours before putting food in. However since it started run, the back is making noise and now the noise is running almost 1 hour. Not impressive! Called the service line tonight and asked why, got answer to either replace it or send service guy?! Does anyone have similar experience for this mode?!

mimi

NO all was well with mine . ask them to check it

Meme

Thanks, the loud noise was running from first set up at 6:30pm till stop at 9:17pm. Was stopped around 8:35 or 8:36pm for a few minutes then back running again till 9:17pm. The door on top side is so hard to open. I probably picked up a lemon I think.

JudyR

No problem with mine. Quiet as a mouse. If it were me, I'd ask them to replace fridge.

OzRattler
OzRattlerasked
ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Freezer (RF522B Series)

Fridge is seriously loud [old fridge was quieter] and freezer door moulding hits against internal moulding even with the chassis level requiring additional effort to close the door. Main door won't close auto (even though all levelled) and I am wondering how quick are F&P to service. Oh, registered the fault the day after it was dropped off with Winning Applicances and for now, spending slabs of time on hold!! [repetitive music is killing me!!! :( ]

Comments please?

fisher_man

Winnings are excellent retailers.
I'd recommend contacting them direct for replacement.

Susie
Susieasked
ActiveSmart RF522BRGX6 (Stainless Steel, Right Door, Bar Handle)

Our fridge has started beeping every time it is opened. How do we fix this? Also noticed that the active smart display in the fridge flashes red/green when it beeps.

Jimmy
Jimmy

Hi there, I can only think that you may have the cool mech. in the fridge on it's lowest setting?

how many beeps?
Each beep has a meaning.

Margaret
Margaretasked
ActiveSmart RF522BRPX6 (Stainless Steel, Right Door, Recessed Handle)

I am looking for egg holders for Model RF522B. Do you have these?

Not any more

JudyR

By now you may have found egg holders to buy. Recently at ALDI I purchased two that hold 14 eggs each. They are not the type of egg holder that used to come with fridges but come with lids and you take out of fridge to get eggs or fill them up. Only yesterday I saw these holders in a "cheapie shop".

Cazza
Cazzaasked
ActiveSmart RF522BRGX6 (Stainless Steel, Right Door, Bar Handle)

One issue I'm having is that food in the crisper isn't being kept properly no matter how I adjust the humidity setting. For example after a couple of days carrots and cucumbers are soft and flexible.
The other issue is that the door alarm beeps randomly even when the door is shut.
Any advice would be great as I'm loving everything else about this fridge?

Henry
Henryasked
ActiveSmart RF522BRPW6 (White, Right Door, Recessed Handle)

My fridge is super noisy!!! I barely slept last night. It was delivered yesterday - new from Harvey Norman. I followed the HN delivery guy's instructions and waited the requisite 2 hours before turning on to cool. Any ideas why it's so noisy when all the reviews say it's super quiet???

Phil N
Phil N

There's only one idea that I'd have, and that is, declare it a DOA. I'd get HN to get another one delivered tomorrow, you can't have a sleepless night sleep over a DOA fridge

wendy68
wendy68

Ive been told from a couple of sources that the newer fridges are inherently noisier, something to do with what they had to do when making fridges more eco energy friendly. Very common feedback that newer fridges are noisier.

amfowler
amfowlerasked
ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Freezer (RF522B Series)

Can the door alarm be switched off? Our trusty old F&P fridge has been fantastic and reliable but the door alarm quite annoying.

fisher_man

It's there for a reason.
In the middle of the lower fridge/ freezer crossrail is a little panel.
Put a magnet against it and the beeping will stop.
Leave it there and the fridge won't work correctly because it thinks that no one has ever opened the door.

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives

Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Freezer (RF522B Series)

Other Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators