Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Freezer (RF522B Series)

• Internal Layout

Lester
Lester

Beautiful and functional

Always wanted a F&P for a fridge, finally did it. Works like it’s supposed to. Really quiet, has bottle chill function which is a surprisingly good feature that I hadn’t expected. Looks really sleek and beautiful in our kitchen. It has roller wheels making it easy to move it for cleaning the floor underneath it. Highly recommended

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Ioanna
IoannaAdelaide

overall great fridge with sleek design

Super easy to clean, sleek design and very spacious. We have had no issues with temperature and motor is very quiet. The freezer on the bottom is a decent size and i like the drawer system. The draws are deeper than the other fridges we looked at. Its not a massive fridge but good for a medium size family.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Mr Wheels
Mr WheelsMelbourne

The fridge is great. Seems to maintain a constant temp.
With 2 nice big draws and one small pull out tray the freezer is verstile/hold the right amount of food.
The fridge space is great and has more than enough room for what we need.

Onlything I wish it has was a digital LCD temp display. Other than that. Its fantastic.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Freezer (RF522B Series) compares to other Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Stan37
Stan37Byron Bay

Best fridge I’ve owned

This fridge is perfect being bottom mount every day items are always at eye level. Super quiet , well lit interior and plenty of room with good size shelves in the door. Crisper keeps vegetables in perfect condition for longer than any previous fridges I’ve owned. The recessed handles are great giving a straight forward minimalist look.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Annette
AnnetteCanberra

Recommended by Choice

Date PurchasedNov 2017

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
LanaG
LanaGSydney

Space for everything and smart design

I love my new bottom freezer fridge, It is great when you have little kids and they can use the bottom freezer to serve themselves ice-cream. I was worried that the vegetable crisper will be close to the freezer and it might damage the veg and delicate fruit, but no everything works wells and all the products are in their own place. There is plenty of room for everything in the fridge, however, wish that the freezer section had a bit more capacity.

Elle
ElleBurdekin

Sleek Look, Even cooling

I love my new upside down fridge freezer. The door of fridge has plenty of depth for all size bottles. I especially like how the crisper drawers have a slide out - not more scratching the bottom. The freezer unit with easy access slide out drawers make packing a lot of frozen goods a breeze. The thin middle drawer makes keeping heaps of ice cubes on hand and within easy access very handle for entertaining. Exterior comes up nicely with a clean damp cloth.

Dan20
Dan20Sydney

Excellent fridge, so much room for everything!

When I purchase my Fisher and Paykel Active Smart I was replacing an 18-year-old Fisher and Paykel. Initially, I though that anything would be better than my old 18-year-old fridge. If I only knew that the difference was going to be so drastic, I would have purchased a replacement 5 years ago. I finally have room to store anything that I want and I will never run out of room again for Christmas. I like my bottom freezer and my 4 year- old son gets there all the time to take his ice-creams out independently. I would recommend this fridge to anyone who is on the market.

Cass C
Cass CCentral Victoria

Excellent fridge. SO MUCH SPACE!!

This fridge is very quiet, has a bright interior and nothing gets lot or forgotten anymore. The shelves are fully adaptable to what you need. There is heaps of space in the freezer as well. The fridge stays a consistent temperature and I like the alert to the fridge door being left ajar.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Zues Lives on!
Zues Lives on!Western Australia, 6060

Does the job could of been better

Had to get a new fridge in a hurry as the last one burnt out, and we settled on the Fisher & Paykel 519L bottom freezer. This is the first time I have used or brought a bottom freezer, it makes packing the freezer a little easier with the pull out baskets. The fridge part is easy to stack and use the only complaint I have is that the top shelf tend to chill and sometime freeze what is put on there, even after adjusting the temp.

jra
jraAlbany

Bought my fisher n paykel last year. Great efficiency. I saved a lot on my electricity bill. Lots of space. Very quiet. My veggies last longer. Very easy to clean as well. Temperatures stay the same even after lots of opening throughout the day. large freezer capacity also. All in al a great value for money.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
minsik
minsikMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

replaced 25yo FP with new FP - impressive upgrade.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Alan
Alan

Lovely clean lines, great shelving layout, bright interior light, very quiet operation.

Just had my new F&P stainless steel F/F delivered and set-up by JBHiFi.
First impressions are: very clean lines, great shelving layout with one more shelf than most of their competitors, runs very quietly, very bright interior LED lighting. Very happy so far, if anything changes I will update this post.
On the downside the ice-maker is the old fashioned tray type, a modern twist-type would have been so much better!

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Blessed Lazybedder
Blessed LazybedderAustralia

Smart design and layout, excellent

Date PurchasedMay 2017
sydneymidge
sydneymidgeSydney, NSW

Very happy with this product

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Wayne S.
Wayne S.asked
Robby
Robby

HI Wayne. I don't think it did but if so I would have put them out. I prefer to get my eggs fresh that have not been in the fridge and then they can stay on the bench or in my cupboard. of course once they have been refrigerated then you need to place them in the fridge but with so many compartments and shelf adjustments then I would use an egg carton or an egg holder from the market . Hope this helps. Cheers

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Answer is in the manual

GGA
GGAasked
ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Freezer (RF522B Series)

All my appliances are fisher and paykel so buying a new fridge of the same brand was a no brainer, however, the so called active smart fridge is anything but! Items freeze in the centre top shelf, and if you lower the temperature, the items in the door are warm. Very disappointing fridge.

Kburra
Kburraasked
ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Freezer (RF522B Series)

Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Freezer (E522B Standard Series)Have this refrigerator is it possible to purchase two NEW crisper drawers for same,ours have broken.
Barry Coaker (Victoria)

See all Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Freezer (RF522B Series) questions

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives

Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Freezer (RF522B Series)

Features:

• This range of fridges is suitable for a household of around 4 to 5 people
  • Like many other bottom mount fridges, this Fisher & Paykel has been awarded an impressive 4.5 energy rating
  • The fridge adapts to your usage to conserve energy - so the fridge will only defrost and cool when necessary
  • To keep food fresh and organised, this fridge includes various types of shelves, crispers, and bins
  • The stainless steel body of the fridge in conjunction with solid glass shelving makes this fridge durable and easy to clean

What reviewers liked about this fridge?

• Adjustable temperature makes this fridge suitable for a range of different foods and external temperatures. For example, in summer this fridge can be made colder to cool food efficiently.
  • Many reviewers have owned this fridge for lengthy periods of time, stating that their fridges were durable enough to stand the test of time. One reviewer mentioned that they had owned their previous Fisher & Paykel fridge for over 12 years.
  • This Fisher & Paykel fridge is spacious and can fit a decent amount of food. Reviewers mentioned that they had plenty of space to pack away groceries for the whole family.
  • The sleek stainless steel finish made a stylish addition to many kitchens - it was easy to work the fridge into the existing decor.
Compare all 9 Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Freezer (RF522B Series)
CategoryBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $2,099.00$2,099.00$1,849.00$2,099.00
Dimensions 1720 x 790 x 695 mm1720 x 790 x 695 mm1720 x 790 x 695 mm1720 x 790 x 695 mm
Energy Rating3 star(s)3 star(s)3 star(s)3.5 star(s)
Household Size 4-5 people4-5 people4-5 people4-5 people
FeaturesDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm, Frost Free, Ice Dispenser and Water Dispenser
Handle Type RecessedRecessedRecessedExternal
Smart Fridge NoNoNoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves4444
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins2222
Door Hinge LeftRightRightRight
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishStainless SteelStainless SteelWhiteBlack
Capacity
Total Capacity 519 L519 L519 L519 L
Fridge Capacity 360 L360 L360 L360 L
Freezer Capacity 159 L159 L159 L159 L
Compare all 9 Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Freezer (RF522B Series)