Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Freezer (RF522B Series)RF522BRPX6 (Stainless Steel, Right Door, Recessed Handle), RF522BLPX6 (Stainless Steel, Left Door, Recessed Handle), RF522BRPW6 (White, Right Door, Recessed Handle), etc...
Long-lasting fridge known to last for years
Easy to clean
Great working fridge but annoying stainless steel coating
The working functions of the fridge and freezer are great. What we don't like is the stainless steel coating which is described as easy clean with soapy water and stainless steel cleaner can't be used. However unlike conventional stainless steel appliances every time any one touches the fridge it will leave finger prints which look terrible. To keep the fridge looking nice you will be washing the front of the fridge everyday - especially if you have kids - so annoying!
Purchased in November 2018.
Does the job could of been better
Had to get a new fridge in a hurry as the last one burnt out, and we settled on the Fisher & Paykel 519L bottom freezer. This is the first time I have used or brought a bottom freezer, it makes packing the freezer a little easier with the pull out baskets. The fridge part is easy to stack and use the only complaint I have is that the top shelf tend to chill and sometime freeze what is put on there, even after adjusting the temp.
Questions & Answers
Does it have egg holders?
HI Wayne. I don't think it did but if so I would have put them out. I prefer to get my eggs fresh that have not been in the fridge and then they can stay on the bench or in my cupboard. of course once they have been refrigerated then you need to place them in the fridge but with so many compartments and shelf adjustments then I would use an egg carton or an egg holder from the market . Hope this helps. Cheers
Answer is in the manual
All my appliances are fisher and paykel so buying a new fridge of the same brand was a no brainer, however, the so called active smart fridge is anything but! Items freeze in the centre top shelf, and if you lower the temperature, the items in the door are warm. Very disappointing fridge.
Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Freezer (E522B Standard Series)Have this refrigerator is it possible to purchase two NEW crisper drawers for same,ours have broken.
Barry Coaker (Victoria)
Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives
- This range of fridges is suitable for a household of around 4 to 5 people
- Like many other bottom mount fridges, this Fisher & Paykel has been awarded an impressive 4.5 energy rating
- The fridge adapts to your usage to conserve energy - so the fridge will only defrost and cool when necessary
- To keep food fresh and organised, this fridge includes various types of shelves, crispers, and bins
- The stainless steel body of the fridge in conjunction with solid glass shelving makes this fridge durable and easy to clean
What reviewers liked about this fridge?
- Adjustable temperature makes this fridge suitable for a range of different foods and external temperatures. For example, in summer this fridge can be made colder to cool food efficiently.
- Many reviewers have owned this fridge for lengthy periods of time, stating that their fridges were durable enough to stand the test of time. One reviewer mentioned that they had owned their previous Fisher & Paykel fridge for over 12 years.
- This Fisher & Paykel fridge is spacious and can fit a decent amount of food. Reviewers mentioned that they had plenty of space to pack away groceries for the whole family.
- The sleek stainless steel finish made a stylish addition to many kitchens - it was easy to work the fridge into the existing decor.
|Category||Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators||Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators||Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators||Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators|
|Dimensions||1720 x 790 x 695 mm||1720 x 790 x 695 mm||1720 x 790 x 695 mm||1720 x 790 x 695 mm|
|Energy Rating||3 star(s)||3 star(s)||3 star(s)||3.5 star(s)|
|Household Size||4-5 people||4-5 people||4-5 people||4-5 people|
|Features||Door Alarm and Frost Free||Door Alarm and Frost Free||Door Alarm and Frost Free||Door Alarm, Frost Free, Ice Dispenser and Water Dispenser|
|Number of Shelves||4||4||4||4|
|Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins||2||2||2||2|
|Manufacturer Warranty||2 year(s)||2 year(s)||2 year(s)||2 year(s)|
|Colour / Finish||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||White||Black|
|Total Capacity||519 L||519 L||519 L||519 L|
|Fridge Capacity||360 L||360 L||360 L||360 L|
|Freezer Capacity||159 L||159 L||159 L||159 L|
Other Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.