Fisher & Paykel 90cm 5 Zone Touch&Slide Induction CI905DTB1

3 questions from our users

Jules

Julesasked

90cm 5 Zone Touch&Slide Induction CI905DTB1

Just started reviewing induction cooktops. I plan on incorporating one in an island bench(updating our kitchen very soon). Also looking @ an overhead exhaust fan ( a good one) that lets fumes out above the external roof), sick of cooking smells inside.
What do readers suggest?

Piper12

My cooktop is now four years old. At $2300 it was one of the cheaper ones. Unless F&P have improved pay the extra and go a better one. Still a gas cooktop fan though.

Perri

Fantastic choice you will never go back the Fisher Paykel touch control is amazing cooking will be a luxury and cleaning even better...you will never look back..enjoy!

Perriasked

90cm 5 Zone Touch&Slide Induction CI905DTB1

Why are there negative comments for this cooktop could it possibly be that it hasn't t been installed correctly as it does need a higher power source... I have nothing but praise for it it's much more efficient and pleasant to cook with than gas.... I'm building again and wonder whether some technology has changed since my last purchase..please enlighten me

Perri,

No the power source is fine. I just dont think it is a good quality cooktop. Some induction cookware doesn't work on it either. I first bought Baccarat cookware and had to take it back after discovering that my cooktop did not like the base of this cookware. Esteele and Scanpan are fine.

I also find that I have to cook on either level 8 or 9. If I reduce it by one level the reduction of heat reduces dramatically. Also the hot plate stays hot for a while after I finish cooking. I thought induction was not supposed to be hot once turned off.

To me this is just an electric cooktop. If I was to redo my kitchen again and if I went induction I would certainly do more homework on which cooktop to choose.

Sorry I have not been much help.

Jenny

Perri

So did they upgrade yr power source as mine had to have a 32 amp isolator switch fitted and if so, Im wondering if it was just a faulty unit. I bought new cookware from big w and target l ve had no problems. As to the surface being hot after cooking all inductions are the same. As for each of the element strengths the Fisher and Paykel have the strongest wattage's per element along with the boosters....l did my home work there as l said l needed the strength to sear my meat and not boil it. When it came to boiling water it boiled it quicker than the kettle did for the same amount. I have upgraded to the model after this one as it has stronger elements again and has soft touch slide controls which is an improvement to the previous controls. I look forward to cooking much more now than ever l love!!!!!!!!!!!!

groogle
groogle

All induction cooktops on the market require the same voltage, 230 V as per the standard. But they can use a lot of power, so they should have a 32 A circuit breaker. If the circuit breaker has a lower rating (typically 20 A), this won't slow the cooker down. But if you try to run too many zones at once, that may trip the circuit breaker. So the wiring is not the problem. I have run an induction cooker on a 10 A power point (for testing purposes), and there was no issue with the heating.

The interesting thing I've seen in this review thread is the "on-off" issue. That is something that no official review has mentioned. It shouldn't be necessary: the heating should be even.

three little bears

three little bearsasked

90cm 5 Zone Touch&Slide Induction CI905DTB1

I have accidentally scratched my black induction stove top, and was wondering, how i can fix the scratches? Is there a product I can buy, to at the very least, camouflage them?

roddines