Fisher & Paykel 90cm 5 Zone Touch&Slide Induction CI905DTB1

2.6

AHB

AHBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer service pathetic no reply after 3 weeks

Bought all Fisher Paykel appliances for new kitchen. After just cooking for 2 times found burnt mark inside cooktop sent pictures last month in March still waiting to hear back from them in mid April. Also bought 2 ovens one came with missing parts same thing after several phone calls got some parts but still not all of them.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Fisher & Paykel CI905DTB1

I bought new when I was renovating my kitchen and soon after 2 elements on the hot plate didn't work, technician from Fisher & Paykel couldn't fix it so they replaced with the new one but that one was working only few days and all stoped working. I do not recomend this product to anybody. I went through lot of stress waiting and replacing and for Christmas Eve I've stayed without cook top.

Piper12Perth, WA

Stay away from it

We bought this Fisher and Paykel induction cooktop as we were renovating. We used it for the first time 7th April and it was very slow. We used it again a few days later and again all the plates were very slow. The third time we used it it did not work. All under one week.

Fisher and Paykel refused to give me a new one instead preferred to fix this one. The shop I bought it from though gave me a new one and this one is not any better. Testing all hot plates to boil two cups of water the quickest one was 4 minutes 55 seconds and the longest was over 10 minutes.

I am taking this one back and getting a different brand.

It didn't work and was very slow

campbellav
campbellav
marylyn
marylyn

I am really disappointed with the Fisher and Paykel. It is much slower than the other brands I have owned. Even with the power booster it is not as good.

Induction Cooktops

Find out how Fisher & Paykel 90cm 5 Zone Touch&Slide Induction CI905DTB1 compares to other Induction Cooktops

See all Fisher & Paykel 90cm 5 Zone Touch & Slide Induction reviews

Jules

Julesasked

90cm 5 Zone Touch&Slide Induction CI905DTB1

Just started reviewing induction cooktops. I plan on incorporating one in an island bench(updating our kitchen very soon). Also looking @ an overhead exhaust fan ( a good one) that lets fumes out above the external roof), sick of cooking smells inside.
What do readers suggest?

Piper12

My cooktop is now four years old. At $2300 it was one of the cheaper ones. Unless F&P have improved pay the extra and go a better one. Still a gas cooktop fan though.

Perri

Fantastic choice you will never go back the Fisher Paykel touch control is amazing cooking will be a luxury and cleaning even better...you will never look back..enjoy!

Perriasked

90cm 5 Zone Touch&Slide Induction CI905DTB1

Why are there negative comments for this cooktop could it possibly be that it hasn't t been installed correctly as it does need a higher power source... I have nothing but praise for it it's much more efficient and pleasant to cook with than gas.... I'm building again and wonder whether some technology has changed since my last purchase..please enlighten me

Perri,

No the power source is fine. I just dont think it is a good quality cooktop. Some induction cookware doesn't work on it either. I first bought Baccarat cookware and had to take it back after discovering that my cooktop did not like the base of this cookware. Esteele and Scanpan are fine.

I also find that I have to cook on either level 8 or 9. If I reduce it by one level the reduction of heat reduces dramatically. Also the hot plate stays hot for a while after I finish cooking. I thought induction was not supposed to be hot once turned off.

To me this is just an electric cooktop. If I was to redo my kitchen again and if I went induction I would certainly do more homework on which cooktop to choose.

Sorry I have not been much help.

Jenny

Perri

So did they upgrade yr power source as mine had to have a 32 amp isolator switch fitted and if so, Im wondering if it was just a faulty unit. I bought new cookware from big w and target l ve had no problems. As to the surface being hot after cooking all inductions are the same. As for each of the element strengths the Fisher and Paykel have the strongest wattage's per element along with the boosters....l did my home work there as l said l needed the strength to sear my meat and not boil it. When it came to boiling water it boiled it quicker than the kettle did for the same amount. I have upgraded to the model after this one as it has stronger elements again and has soft touch slide controls which is an improvement to the previous controls. I look forward to cooking much more now than ever l love!!!!!!!!!!!!

groogle
groogle

All induction cooktops on the market require the same voltage, 230 V as per the standard. But they can use a lot of power, so they should have a 32 A circuit breaker. If the circuit breaker has a lower rating (typically 20 A), this won't slow the cooker down. But if you try to run too many zones at once, that may trip the circuit breaker. So the wiring is not the problem. I have run an induction cooker on a 10 A power point (for testing purposes), and there was no issue with the heating.

The interesting thing I've seen in this review thread is the "on-off" issue. That is something that no official review has mentioned. It shouldn't be necessary: the heating should be even.

three little bears

three little bearsasked

90cm 5 Zone Touch&Slide Induction CI905DTB1

I have accidentally scratched my black induction stove top, and was wondering, how i can fix the scratches? Is there a product I can buy, to at the very least, camouflage them?

roddines