DE8060P2, DE8060P1

Clothes Dryers Buying Guide

A reliable tumble dryer can give you clean, dry clothes - and fast. Whether you decide on a heat pump, condenser or vented dryer, a washer dryer combo, or no dryer at all, this guide can help.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

AmcGippsland, VIC

Very disappointing

We bought this dryer in August 2017. It has just stopped working for the 3rd time and we are awaiting the repairman to come and fix it at the call out cost of over $100.00 plus repair costs. The first fault was apparently due to „under use“, so we have made a point of using it regularly. It developed another fault last year and just stopped working again now. We have other Fisher Paykel products about which we have no complaints, but this dryer is a lemon.

Purchased in August 2017 at Harvey Norman.

olesya.muscat

olesya.muscatGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great dryer, fantastic service!

Got it a year ago, was playing up, called service, came in couple of days only! Showed my faulty power supply, showed working dryer after that ))
Bear in mind! The negative reviews are about old model!!!

Purchased in April 2020 at The Good Guys for $700.00.

Anna

AnnaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dont buy

Won't dry a full load, every thing tangles into a ball.
Constantly beeps saying clean lint even when lint filter is empty.
Needs constant monitoring, waste of money, stick to cheaper dryers they do the job.

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman for $899.00.

Kathy

Kathy

Packed in just after 2 year warranty ended!

As seems to be the case with other customers, good old error code #4 appeared 2 years and 2 weeks into the life of our dryer, just outside its warranty period. We had it serviced today and it needs a whole new panel board ($500). Hardly worth it! In a world of excess waste, it appears this relatively new machine will be added to the pile.

Purchased at Appliances Online for $800.00.

Norelle M.

Norelle M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don’t waste your money!

Doesn’t dry on sensor settings. I have to use the 30 or 60 minute timer. Sheets tangle. Towels take for ever. This machine is just over two years old (out of warranty) and now stops spinning after 10 minutes. I have to pause it, open the door, shuffle the clothes and start again. Today I’m trying to dry sheets, it’s not heating and I get error 4 flashing and nothing in the book to tell me what it is. After reading other reviews online this will be the last appliance I buy from F&P. Pathetic quality for the price!

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Dan

DanHamlyn terrace

Garbage. Landfill

Worst dryer ever. Takes ages to dry, bearings had to be replaced three times, last 3.5 years until the motor fully ceased up. Rolls sheets into big ball. Complete garbage.

Purchased in September 2016 at Harvey Norman for $990.00.

Been nothing but a problem. Would never recommend anyone to buy it.

The temperature sensor at the back of the dryer kept tripping. Shown by the technician how to reset because it happens frequently. Now out of warranty and the drum won't spin. For an expensive dryer, so extremely disappointing. Will never purchase another Fisher & Paykel product again.

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys for $833.00.

goldentrevally

goldentrevallySydney, NSW

Rolls sheets into giant ball. Read negative reviews before buying.

Chris C

Chris CNorth Queensland, QLD

Hopeless / Failed in 7 months

I bought this thing to match the front loader by the same company. First problem I noticed it doesn't dry !
The cycle is so long and forget putting sheets in it . Hasn't had much use probably used five times a week had a heater failure and a terrible noise from the motor assembly . I'm not even going to approach warranty on it because if it was repaired it's not worth having it back .By another brand or a non-condenser type if you don't require this type of dryer. Looks isn't everything don't buy this lemon
Purchased from the Good Guys Townsville .

Purchased in October 2019 at The Good Guys for $900.00.

Andre L

Andre LSydney, NSW

Slow achiever

We used it sparingly, generally with baby clothes, as we hanged dry whenever possible. When we did use it, it worked, but took its time— 2-3h at a time—doing it.

kaseyrenee

kaseyreneeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great when it works but is a Lemon

When this works, its excellent. No problems when it does. However, it's now broken 3 times in 12 months. The tech comes out, fixes, lasts anywhere between 6weeks to 6 months. It is incredibly frustrating. I have resorted to using my 11yr old dryer that hasn't missed a beat.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for $750.00.

Nick

NickSydney

Worst Dryer Ever

Bought this dryer with the underbench washer..Never worked properly from the begining.The auto sensor leaves clothes damp and the sheets get knotted into balls. Technician came out and basically said send it back and buy another brand..they are unusable.

Purchased in August 2016 at Harvey Norman for $850.00.

Never seen such a poorly built appliance

This dryer is by far my worst ever purchase. Worked for approx 12 months then all the pullys and belt needed replacing. On inspection inside it is very poorly made, screws missing and mostly cheap plastic.

Door latch faulty saying door is open when it is closed due to poor design
Door comes open during cycle due to poor design
Poor heat from element

Fisher and Paykel are an overpriced and sub rate company I urge everyone to avoid

Purchased in May 2016 at Appliances Online for $1,000.00.

Don't buy it, its a Lemon, poorly designed, poor customer service from Fisher & Paykel.

Purchased in December 2018 for $842.00.

David

DavidPerth, WA

After 3 years have had numerous problems

The dryer worked well for the first 3 years then one day it stopped working. Repairman came and had to replace the tension wheel as it had broken. 1 year after that the heating element stopped working and would come up with error code 4. Again the repairman cam and showed me the thermistor sensor reset switch under the back cover of the dryer however it just keeps tripping about every second use. Additionally the drum at times stops rotating and can't seem to get started back up. Given my experience with what I consider a expensive condenser dryer (circa $1,500) I would expect it to last much longer as it does not get heavy use. I certainly do not recommend this dryer and will not replace it with another Fisher and Paykel product.

Purchased at The Good Guys for $1,500.00.

Peter M.

Peter M.asked

AeroXL DE8060P1

Our dryer was not working properly so we removed the filter from the drawer on the left hand side and saw that a lot of gunk had built up in the filter. We removed most of it by hand but are wondering if there is a better way. Can these filters be immersed in say soapy water to remove the gunk.

Thanks Peter

Amc

I have no idea. Our filter looks clean (we have had the dryer for only 3 years and it has not been used a lot). I will certainly ask the technician next week if the filter can be immersed in soapy water and will let you know.

Robert H.

Robert H.asked

AeroXL

My dryer DE60F60NW1 gets no water in the tray and the whole machine gets very hot and is not stopping when the clothes are dried. The lint filter is clean, the sensors clean and also the condenser is clean. The drier has been well looked after and not used much over the last 9 years. I've rung the 1300 650 590 and still waiting after 40 mins. Why is there no water in the tray and why is the dryer so hot?

Lucy

Lucyasked

AeroXL DE8060P2

Do others with this machine feel the low heat setting is too hot? We basically only use it for sheets, towels and cloth nappies because clothes always shrink even on low. It would be nice to be able to use it for clothes, seeing as this is why we bought it, but we can’t risk having our clothes shrunk all the time! I’ve asked other people with different dryers if they have this problem and so many people say they don’t.

See all Fisher & Paykel AeroXL questions