Fisher & Paykel AeroXL

DE8060P2, DE8060P1

rexyb

rexybSouth West, WA

What a disappointment

Bought the DE8060P2 one week ago.Its a condenser model with delay start.Now I wanted the delay start because have a smart power meter and power is half price between 9pm and 7am.You guessed it ,delay start is faulty.Rang Fisher Paykel, understandably no technician will come out for at least 4 weeks.It dries the clothes very well and you can experiment and change the settings to suit what you put in.It does really crease the sheets but dries them ok.Being of the older type now have to stay up until 9pm to use the damn thing until fixed.Disregard the part about the delay start.Apparently it tumbles the clothes every quarter of an hour for 30 seconds,but there is nothing in the book to say this.Retravision sorted me out.

Purchased in March 2020 at RetraVision for $853.00.

Jason

JasonSydney, NSW

Fisher & Paykel 8Kg Condensing Cloths Dryer DE8060P2

Tristan

TristanMelbourne

Poor quality, only lasted 2 years before heater failure. Tangles towels

The dryer was fine but after two years had a sensor or heater fault.

It also smells of burning electric or plastic like it is overheating.

Nice design but tangles sheets and seems to be of very poor quality of manufacture.

Purchased in July 2017 at Appliances Online for $785.00.

Dave

DaveHunter Region, NSW

Wow, This is rubbish.

Purchased in July 2016 at Domayne NSW for $800.00.

Noise Level

Does not deliver what it promises

If it the product says it dries up to 8kg, you expect to be 8kg for any function, with no exclusions. The customer service, which I waited over one hour to be attended, informed that it's recommended only 4kg for sheets.
I tried a load with only two sheets and it just makes a big ball dry outside and moisture inside. My washing machine of the same brand was serviced 3 times in 6 months and still have issues.

Purchased in September 2019 at Noel Leeming for $996.00.

Do NOT buy this dryer

Auto sensing function doesnt fully dry the clothes. Need to reset on manual to finish it off. Rough on clothes. Poor door seal which results in a small puddle of water after each cycle. Worst of all the drum guides perish prematurely (within 12 months with regular use) leading to loud thumping sounds during operation. Seriously regret buying...

Purchased for $1,500.00.

hagar

hagarGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst dryer ever and even worst customer service

Broken 4 times for same fault within 2 years
F&P refuse to refund and want to charge me to replace it.
Would never buy from F&P again
When it works it drys clothes

Purchased in June 2017 at The Good Guys for $1,000.00.

kitchengirl

kitchengirlAuckland

This is worse than the entry level models....

This drier features a whole lot of “auto programmes” which do not ever dry clothes - they remain damp. The sheets setting tangles all your sheets into a hard elongated ball, and then the outside layer gets super hot, while the inside is still wet. Similarly, the time setting of 30/60/90 mins does the same. Basically, these manual settings are the only way you’ll get things dry. But you’ll need to set a timer on your phone and go down and untangle/rearrange things every 15 mins. I wished I had kept my simple ED56. It is 10x the dryer this piece of crap will ever be

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for $975.00.

Chris J

Chris JGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

It's a Lemon - avoid !!!

Purchased in May 2017 at Appliances Online for $849.00.

BDM

BDMSouth East Queensland, QLD

Does not dry clothes

Sadly it’s never worked properly clothes and bed sheet damp after using dryer It’s has broken down after warranty expired replaced faulty capacitor Now we have a load grinding noise in the drum I just purchased a new heat pump dryer today and out goes the fisher a paykel tomorrow

Purchased in December 2015 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $899.00.

Failed just after the 2 year warranty had expired

Purchased in September 2016 at The Good Guys Physical store for $1,000.00.

Jodie_Rose

Jodie_RoseSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very unhappy

Dryer stopped turning and heating just after the 2 year warranty period. We had to wait 3 weeks for a technician to come out to fix it, and we still had to pay for parts. A day after it is ‘fixed’ and I try to use it and the same issue is happening again, only this time with a slight burning smell, so another 3 week wait for it to be hopefully fixed. I was told that I was probably overloading the machine but I have weighed every load of washing I have done since I was told that and not one has been over the weight limit of the dryer. Really not happy that an $800 appliance just makes it past the warranty period.

Megan

MeganSydney

Just waiting for it to blow up!

Purchased in August 2016 at Harvey Norman Furniture Physical Store for $850.00.

Narelle

NarelleSydney

Worst dryer we have owned

This dryer does not perform as advertised, it the worst appliance we have owned. Sheets end up a tight, hot, wet ball. Lint filter alarm constantly sounds despite being clean. Drying takes hours, preset settings do not result in dry items and running them multiple times does not resolve. We have never successfully dried anything in this dryer, we revert to hanging our items back out on a line to get them dry. Such a disappointing, expensive purchase. F&P sent us a link to their troubleshooting website which I found quite patronising having trawled through this site for months looking for a resolution. F&P need to remove this product from the market, you are falsely advertising.

Purchased in January 2018 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store.

Haydn

HaydnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible Product - Repaired 3 times within 2 years for same fault its a LEMON

Purchased in December 2016 at The Good Guys for $1,000.00.

Kim

KimGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointing

Purchased in Aug 2016 and lightly used, have been very disappointed with this dryer. Have had many excellent F & P appliances in the past however this one disappointing. Bed sheets roll up in to balls immediately and don’t dry; the load sensor doesn’t work m, therefore timing needs adjusting numerous times each load; and after 2 years of light use.... a loud grinding sound coming from within. Not expecting these problems when the unit is so new and lightly used. Very disappointing.

Purchased in August 2016 at Harvey Norman for $840.00.

Cruiser

CruiserREEDY CREEK

Perfect!!

I found my Fisher & Paykel so easy to use, dries so quickly. The function that it does smartly, no need to place time or temperature makes so easy ... now my husband can place on the drier as well, even a child can do it , just press the on button !

Purchased in March 2018 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store.

Noise Level

Has issues but company fixed on good will, which I was thankful for.

Started being very loud and maybe 8 months of using, so had technician quote it needing new wheel that drum rolls on, as the old ones disintegrate. I didnt have an invoice and shop was closed down, but they really kindly replaced wheels on good will, so that was very good service. Fingers crossed no more problems occur.

Purchased in January 2018 for $1,300.00.

AliciaD

AliciaDMelbourne

Useless after 6months...

Dryer just stoped working after 6 months. Still under warranty and they have attempted to fix it with no luck. Going onto 2months with no dryer is beyond ridiculous!!!

Even though it’s been over 30days since the first call was made and I am entitled to a new dryer F&P are refusing to give me a new one as they “think” they might be able to fix it!

I’m due to have a baby in less than two weeks and they have been aware of this from the beginning and all they can do is make up more excuses to avoid giving me a new dryer even though it’s a warranty claim!

Date PurchasedAug 2018
TK

TKSouth East Queensland, QLD

Time Will Tell...

Bought this dryer a year ago(nov 2017) and have used pretty much everyday ever since and performed faultlessly.
We started to notice a little water(6 months in) at the bottom of the lint filter which was very minimal but enough that it was noticeable after numerous drying sessions. Called the fisher and paykel service team which came and had a look 5 times but with no success in fixing the leak.
The last time we used the dryer it wasnt even spinning anymore which meant there was more dramas to come.
In the end, fisher & paykel ended up replacing the old(1 yr) dryer for a brand new 1. So now will have to see how this performs before the end of its warranty life..

Date PurchasedNov 2017