Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart E442BRX5 (Stainless Steel, Right Door)

Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart E442BRX5 (Stainless Steel, Right Door)

Tobi M

Tobi M

Solid fridge, this is really a 4.5 star rating

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Chickie

ChickieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

SO NOISY

I purchased this refrigerator on 30 August 2016 through E&S Trading and had it installed on 3 September.

I have no complaint with the refrigerators performance my beef is the constant low level humming which never stops; it is ridiculously noisy. The only relief I get is when I open the door but as soon as I close it the humming starts up again. The F&P service man took a look at it and confirmed it was not faulty - just insanely noisy!
I live in a small apartment on a main road and most of the time have doors closed which doesn't help...surely I don't have to modify my lifestyle to accommodated a refrigerator??

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Andrea J

Andrea JGeelong

Really great fridge

After buying a new fridge (not Fisher & Paykel) and having it replaced twice due to freezer seal warping within a day of being installed, I gave up and chose the Fisher & Paykel. Extremely quiet, great compartments which keep everything nicely cooled. Easy to clean. Love the warning beep when door is left open, especially with teenagers in the house.

Problem with light and control panel not lighting up sometimes

I like the fridge, I find it quiet, glass shelves, and a nice set out with only a small problem with the light and control panel, guessing its a jammed door switch and sometimes doesn't see the door open but I can't see the switch, fails about twice a day, the motors running while its blacked out.

Shane L
Shane L

Shane L here, The fridge is working well now, the switch freed up after a few weeks of use, I still like the fridge

See all Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 442L Bottom Freezer (E442 Series) reviews

jule61

jule61asked

I'm looking for a small QUIET fridge for a small open plan studio apartment. It needs to be quiet because I am sleeping in the same area.
This fridge looks good in all respects but I note complaint re noise level above. Was this a one-off or is this fridge too noisy to be situated in an open plan small apartment?

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives