Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 442L Bottom Freezer (E442 Series)

Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 442L Bottom Freezer (E442 Series) Questions & Answers

RF442BLPX6 (Stainless Steel, Left Flat Door), E442BRXFDU5 (Stainless Steel, Right Flat Door), E442BRE5 (White, Right Door), etc...

26 questions from our users

Janice Cornell

Janice Cornellasked

ActiveSmart RF442BRPW6 (White, Right Flat Door)

Are these fridges quiet? I have read a number of reviews stating they are quite noisy, so I am quite concerned. Also, is it possible to turn off the beeping when the door is open?

Pam

I was concerned about those reviews also but it is a very quiet fridge. I can't really even hear the motor running.

Pam

Yes you can turn off the beeping.

Lene

Leneasked

My freezer alarm has stopped working, so when door is left open there's no alarm/beep.
Can I fix this?

Daniel J.

Daniel J.asked

Hi our fridge keeps leaving pools of water below it and the freezer icing up until door can’t be shut. The fridge is 7 years old. Is it end of life or a simple fix ...

Rex B

Rex Basked

ActiveSmart E442BRXFDU5 (Stainless Steel, Right Flat Door)

Can you get a kit to hinge it on the left

jule61

jule61asked

ActiveSmart E442BRX5 (Stainless Steel, Right Door)

I'm looking for a small QUIET fridge for a small open plan studio apartment. It needs to be quiet because I am sleeping in the same area.
This fridge looks good in all respects but I note complaint re noise level above. Was this a one-off or is this fridge too noisy to be situated in an open plan small apartment?

Greg C.

Greg C.asked

ActiveSmart RF442BLPX6 (Stainless Steel, Left Flat Door)

Does the Fisher & Paykel RF442BLPX6 fridge come with a plastic egg tray, as our similar sized Electrolux did? (or is there an egg tray sold separately that would fit?)

not any more

Shell

Shellasked

ActiveSmart RF442BRPX6 (Stainless Steel, Right Flat Door)

What is the transport dimensions and weight please?

dijoca
dijoca

I don’t know it was just delivered by the store see the website for fridge specifications

Loisasked

ActiveSmart E442BLXFD3 (Stainless Steel, Left Door)

is this fridge quiet?

Vic
Vic

Hi Lois,
yes it is wonderfully quiet, I was waiting to hear it kick in, and my husband said it already had done so !

kind regards, Vic

Emm

Hi Lois, yes I never notice the noise so it must be quiet :) it has an alarm that beeps if the door’s open for too long but I think that’s a plus.

Lois

Thank you all for your feedback. This will be the fridge for me.

Corinne L

Corinne Lasked

ActiveSmart E442BRE (White, Right Door)

What is the energy rating of this fridge?

I think it might be 3 star - but you would have to check in store

Donsumer
Donsumer

3 stars. 428 kWh per year. It was one of the best om market when we bought it

fisher_man

What is the fuel economy of a car, it varies depending on how its used.
Putting hot food in the fridge will increase the power consumption, as will leaving the fridge/ freezer door open (esp on a hot day.)

casper

casperasked

ActiveSmart E442BLE5 (White, Left Door)

Hi

I bought 2 replacement compartment covers to fit in the door of my Fisher & Paykel E442B fridge. Although there's
a hole on each side of the compartments, only 1 plastic stub on each cover (l/hand side) Anyone know how they are supposed to be fitted?

fisher_man

you need to buy "butter plugs"little plugs that fit through the cover and lock into the hole in the door.
Call F&P spares, they should know.

Zinniaasked

ActiveSmart RF442BLPX6 (Stainless Steel, Left Flat Door)

Hi,
With the 'Left Flat Door' models - does this mean the door hinges on the left side when facing the fridge?
Thanks!

ckcc44
ckcc44

No, the door is open from the left side meaning the hinges is on the right hand side when you are facing the fridge

Roger
Roger

Hi Zinnia. Yes the door hinge is on the left and the door opens from the right.

REFRIGERATOR DEFINITIONS OF A RIGHT AND LEFT HAND DOOR

Right Hand Refrigerator Door:
As you face the front of the refrigerator the handle is on your left and the hinges are on your right.

Left Hand Refrigerator Door:
As you face the front of the refrigerator the handle is on your right and the hinges are on your left.

Zinnia

Its advisable to give the correct answer the first time! Otherwise you don't appear to be credible!

Steve A

Steve Aasked

ActiveSmart E442BRE (White, Right Door)

I have the E442BRE model and wondering what capacity portable generator I need to buy in case of power blackouts her in South Australia. Ie: what is the wattage required to start the compressor?
Thanks Steve

Wendy Dooley
Wendy Dooley

Sorry, I don't know.

Elisabeth Pal

Elisabeth Palasked

ActiveSmart E442BRE (White, Right Door)

Where do I find serial number?

Fisher & Paykel
Rudi K.Fisher & Paykel

Open the freezer door, on the kick strip by your toes you will see a silver serial plate with the model and serial number. Serial number is comprised of 3 letters and 6 numbers.
Denise

Burkett

Burkettasked

The surface coating on my brushed stainless steele refrigerator is wearing off. Can it be repaired?

ricebubbles

I didn't realise that the SS had any sort of coating. We have been cleaning our fridge outside surfaces with a proprietry SS cleaning wipe available from any supermarket. I have been told that WD40 also does a good job and helps preserve the SS and is especially good for cleaning BBQs.
If it particularly worries you, you can always have the door skins replaced. When our fridge was first delivered it had a dent in the top door which F&P replaced at no cost to us. The guys who did the job said it cost F&P $300.
Since then a bowl fell out of the top compartment when the door was opened and dented the top edge of the bottom door. We have learnt to live with it.
Best of luck.

GKS

GKSasked

ActiveSmart E442BRXFDU (Stainless Steel, Flat Right Door, Ice & Water)

Should the F&P water and ice dispenser fridge need $600 worth of extra parts to install the water filter?
When does the ice drop?

ricebubbles

My F&P fridge came with all the necessary bits to install the water supply and filter so I don't know how much they cost separately. When the filter needs changing it shouldn't cost more than $100 for a new filter. I don' t know exactly because my fridge is plumbed with two large filters (a course one and a 0.5 micron carbon and heavy metal filter) outside the house. They are thus easy to get at and if they did happen to leak it is not a disaster. My filters cost $30 and $80 once every two years.

The ice compartment refills after you have removed some ice. Of course the water must be connected and turned on. You can hear the ice maker refilling with water and you can hear a distinct clunk as it empties new cubes into the ice bucket.

Hjax

Hjaxasked

ActiveSmart E442BRMFDU (Iridium, Flat Right Door, Ice & Water)

I just hooked mine up to plumbing, ran about 4 litres through it, it doesn't cut water immediately after releasing glass, and it's dripping a bit, any ideas?? Thanks

Sam
Sam

Correct the water continues to run you need to keep your glass there for a couple of seconds to prevent spillage which the kids never do

Sounds like a dodgy solenoid valve, should stop water immediately

Fisher & Paykel
Fisher&PaykelFisher & Paykel

There may be a couple of drips immediately after you release the glass . If the flow is more than this and takes longer than a couple of seconds then service may be required.

Hjax

Hjaxasked

ActiveSmart E442BRMFDU (Iridium, Flat Right Door, Ice & Water)

Does any one have the part number of the filter I need? bought it second had but they never hooked water up, so need to buy filter
Cheers

ricebubbles

I looked through the Installation Instructions and User Guide for our E442BRXFDU Ice and Water Refrigerator but it does not have a part number for the filter. It just says that replacement cartridges are available from your authorised Fisher & Paykel Dealer and that the details are available on the label of the cartridge.
Unfortunately I do not have the original cartridge as it was discarded. I chose to install a much larger double filter on the outside wall of our house as it is much easier to change and lasts much longer than the original.

IanG

IanGasked

My F& P 442 b is tripping the house RCLD. What would be the likely cause? By the time it is repaired am I better off to buy a new fridge?

Hi Ian,
I am unsure what would cause that but it definitely sounds like a fault with the fridge and a possible safety hazard - I'd would suggest contacting fisher and paykel to fix it. I no longer have a fisher and paykel as we were not happy with thier customer service when our F&P caught fire.
All the best

Ian

Ianasked

ActiveSmart E442BLE (White, Left Door)

Our E442BLE seems to be very noisy. Compressor is quiet but when running there is a pronounced girgling rattling sound. Is this a noisy heat exchanger, gas noise or could it be a malfunction in a fan. Noise does not come from items in fridge. Fridge and freezer temps are Ok but fridge seems to run a fair bit. Can someone please help?

Paul
Paul

Hi Ian, my fridge is still new and I'm not sure what the problem may be with your fridge, is it something that has just started to occur? Hopefully it is still under warranty then it would be simple enough to get a professional to look at it. Sorry I can't offer much of an answer apart from get a service person to look at it. I had an old Fisher Paykal that the compressor wore out, did a bit of searching on the web to see if there was filters I could clean etc. but in the end, in my case, it was beyond my capabilities to rectify and bit the bullet and got someone out, if only to tell me I should by a new fridge.

Benjamin4

Benjamin4asked

ActiveSmart E442BRXFDU4 (Stainless Steel, Right Flat Door)

Is there a light in the freezer compartment?

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives