Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 442L Bottom Freezer (E442 Series)

Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 442L Bottom Freezer (E442 Series) (page 2 of 6)

RF442BLPX6 (Stainless Steel, Left Flat Door), E442BRXFDU5 (Stainless Steel, Right Flat Door), E442BRE5 (White, Right Door), etc...

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)
  • Internal Layout

Venkata Vidya

Venkata VidyaSydney

Works well but slightly noisy.

Good refrigerator. Works well and keeps to required temperature in all compartments. It makes a slight noise when it's trying to cool things inside but very quiet when the cycle is complete. Been using it for 8 months now. The only complaint I have with fisher and paykel is their customer service. They charge 150$ just too send too her technician out.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

treebytheriver

treebytheriverSydney

Very helpful, very reasonable.

Well designed, maintains a good temperature in all compartments, especially well designed with the ability to switch between fruit and vegetable drawers, according to the moisture levels.
Doesn't have any whiz-bang ice creators or anything, which just take up more space. So lots of shelf space in the door which is helpful.
The freezer on the bottom is slide out like a drawer, which sometimes makes it hard to access all areas, but we got used to it in the end.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
jd4free

jd4freeSydney

Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 442L Bottom Freezer

Overall really happy with this purchase, well designed unlike the last WRID Westinghouse rubbish I bought online. which had limited shelving options / slots and only lasted 4 years after 2 repairs and a new controller
This one is perfect and runs very well, just notice some noise when open but apart from that small issue nothing major and a good buy from the Good guys

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Emma B

Emma BSydney, NSW

Perfect fridge freezer

This fridge is perfect for us. It’s 442L so there’s a lot of space and the shelves are very strong so won’t crack like some of the cheaper fridges you can get. I love that the freezer is at the bottom instead of the top as it’s more useful to have the more frequently used fridge at eye level. It’s also one of the few fridges I could find that has the option of opening to the left.
Bought about ten months ago, no issues with temperature, drawers are removable so easy to clean, nice and quiet, perfect!

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Chloe

ChloeColebee

Ideal for family of four

Temperature and storage wise it is well designed, but I think the storage for bottom freezer with two draws only is hard to manage all the frozen products.
I have been using it for around ten years now but still maintain to keep it quiet and no frost which I had problems with previous fridge getting frosted every now and then.

Date PurchasedSep 2008

I K

I KAdelaide

Great buy

Perfect sized fridge for a small family.
Various compartments makes squeezing any item with ease with plenty of space to spare.
Temperature is consistent throughout freezer though do find top compartment in fridge to be coldest and sometimes freezes items so have fridge temperature on lowest setting but still very good cooling through lower compartments.
Quiet, and efficient in energy consumption.
Easily cleaned as all compartments and parts are removable.
Glass shelves are of great quality.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

AJB

AJB

Good Fridge

Only issue we had was if you push the fridge in against the back wall it can crack the tray that holds the water. This can spill in onto the floor, or ruin your floating floor.
Fridge has always maintained a good temperature, is relatively quiet and easy to clean.

Date PurchasedMay 2010

Pritisha T

Pritisha TAU

its so good

I am not so happy with the fridge. It kept breaking and made that high pitch noises every time we open the door. However, the space is good in the top mount but the freezer is not well designed. it could have been better with the ice trays because every time we fill up trays the water spills.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Vic

VicMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Typical quality

We had to purchase a new refrigerator right on Christmas, so many to choose from. How ever we decided to go with what we had owned once before. Great to have the fridge on top, and the freezer below. Much better for older Aussie's. I love the fact that it has a pastry draw, in the freezer, and that it has smart technology, as to keeping your goods at the right temp.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Emm

Emm

Great fridge

My partner and I purchased this fridge a few weeks ago.

It runs well (we actually had to turn the temperature up as it was very chilly), is quiet, and is a good size for 2 people and maybe small families.

It came with a couple of fridge organiser trays and ice cube trays which was nice. So far, very happy with it.

Date PurchasedOct 2014

Donsumer

DonsumerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good reliable workhorse.

This was a replacement of earlier model to the same specs that lasted 18 years. So far this is repeating the good service.
Much quieter than I expected from the reviews. Much improved lighting inside. Keeps temperature steady as set. Electrically was one of the most efficient on the market and that pleases the hip pocket.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

gifer

giferRozelle

Good all rounder and space saver!

This fridge was a replacement for a 10-year-old fridge. Initially, I wanted to buy something bigger, investigated lots of models and I need kitchen reno to be able to fit most of the fridges that I like. This 442 L fridge just fits and I still have room for everything. Happy with the purchase. Was not sure if stainless steel is magnetic and rang the company to find out. It is magnetic and keeps my magnets secure and fun to use!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Jessica

JessicaYarra Valley

So far, so good

Date PurchasedNov 2017

BEN

BENsydney

good simple fridge

this fridge was to replace another model i had because it was too loud. this model, doesn't have the bells and whistles but... it's quiet!
it's just a simple fridge. no egg tray, no ice maker. the shelves don't really offer too much room. in fact, the fridge doesn't really offer much room. it's not very efficient with its use of space. it's only a 3 star rating which is average. the fridge is fine, however i'm sure there's better out there for this price range. i was limited to choice because of small kitchen space. all in all.. it's quiet.. big plus!!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Noisiest fridge ever - do not buy F & P dont take responsibility

Fisher & Paykel have used a noisy cheap compressor - do not buy this fridge unless you like listening to the constant buzzing of the compressor.
Their customer care centre don't care about this, they don't return calls or emails or take responsibility for the products they sell.
Very unhappy customer.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Pauly

PaulySunbury

Thrilled to back teeth.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Poor door seals

On the whole the fridge has been good. Quiet and largely problem free.... until I started to get ice build up inside the freezer.

Frost in one corner was a tell tale signal the door seals weren't working. When I put a battery powered lantern inside the freezer there where 2-3 mm gaps across half the door. Wow! This is from fridge that's only 4 years old! We've had fridges with seals that have lasted 10 - 20 years. Where are they getting them from? Someone's backyard??

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

jli324

jli324Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

good fridge

We had a stainless steel version of it, it worked great, nothing really stands out, but it's a great appliance, our old one now are in our rental unit, still performing well, and that one is a second hand one. For a big appliance, I am definitely looking for reliance. I can't agree on this brand's washing machine, but for fridges it's great.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Chan

ChanPerth

Fantastic!

My Fisher & Paykel fridge is amazing. I have had it about 3 years now & have had no problems. Glass is very strong. The compartment system works great for our family. Plenty of storage space. User friendly. de-odouriser system is great. Shelves are adjustable to suit tall bottles. It did cost a bit more than other brands but it was well worth it.

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Hannah T

Hannah T

Huge & Very Effective Fridge

I love this fridge! In a nutshell:

-It runs very quietly and beeps if you accidentally leave a door open which is very handy!
-The freezer drawers are very practical and easy for sorting frozen food
-There's a separate ice block tray which is also very handy
-The fridge section is very roomy with flexible shelving
-The coldest settings are incredible
-Sleek and attractive (although it also integrates well so can be hidden if needed)

Only downside is its so deep it can be hard to clean (but i have short limbs!)

Date PurchasedJun 2017