MPN: WH8560F1
See the Best Front Loading Washing Machines in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Fisher & Paykel

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Bushbaby
BushbabyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect

Replace my old washing machine for this front loader. It's an 8.5kg, it's silent, it washes so well, has many functions to choose from to tailor your every load. Cycle times can be slightly shortened which is a great feature. Also, it's an 8.5kg that washes 8.5kg, not restricted to only 1 cycle that washes the full load. Yes, other cycles like delicates, wool and quick washes (15min) are weight restricted, but logical.
It is so quiet, I forget I had washing in there.... it has an alert when the cycle has finished thankfully.
ps Appliances Online were fabulous. Delivery and installation, no problem, friendly and efficient staff. Have bought all my appliances through them and never had a problem.

Purchased in November 2020 at Appliances Online for $1,232.00.

KateWestern District, VIC

A perfect upgrade.

Purchased in August 2018 at Betta Home Living for $950.00.

Happymum
Happymum

Never knew what I was missing!

Purchased in April 2019.

Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart WH8560F1 (8.5kg) compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

Linda
LindaSydney, NSW

Great washing machine, better than my old Bosch

We decided to upgrade an old Bosch machine and in final stages of selection we were comparing Bosch, AEG and Fisher Paykel. It finally came down to the wash times and some changes Bosch had made to their machines for wash time. I am sure i am not alone in Australia with wanting a wash time under 1 hour, and with this machine the cotton cycle we get a 59 minute wash time on 30degree water. The machine is fully customisable and you can change the pre-settings to your liking so when selected it comes up with your preferences, not the original pre-programmed options. Clothes wash well, no issues to date.

Purchased in June 2018 at Winning Appliances for $920.00.

Ozara
OzaraSurat

Loads of wash programs, fast and cleans very well

Our fisher paykel cloths washer has loads of different washing programs, from cotton to delicate to fast wash. We found just the simple fast wash gets the job done very well. Te soap draw has gotten stuck a few times but we just had to clean it out a bit. Dirty cloths go in clean come out! Very happy with our cloths washer

Date PurchasedApr 2018

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Dee
DeeSouthern highlands nsw

Unfortunately a waste of money ☹️

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Johnnycake
JohnnycakeBunbury

Great family cloths washer

This has been a great buy from the start as our Fisher & paykel fabric smart has done well over one thousand washes and still gets the job done very nicely. Very little washing liquid is required and the settings on the main screen are very strength forward and easy to use

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Consumer 2
Consumer 2adelaide

Very happy

Really happy with this machine. Appreciate the energy rating. Love front loaders in any case, Always use liquid not powder. I like that this machine uses less water. It is not noisy. Love all the options this smarter machine offers. Have found it a consistently reliable machine. this is not my first Fisher and Paykel purchase, I have found the F and P products I have purchased to be reliable and when I did need support with the former front loader F & P were very helpful.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Bee
BeeBatehaven

Yes yes yes

We purchased this as a duo with our dryer. They look sooooooo good in our laundry. Energy rating is pretty good. Its very simple to use. Hubby can use it too! The washing comes out so clean and not very crinkly. ai would deffinately recommend this product to young and old.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Pettie
PettieVictoria

Loads and loads of different modes!

We bought this because it has so many many options for different types of washing styles. It also has done a great job since we got it and had to go the next size up from the base model as we had a lot of cloths to wash but the larger model fits it all

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
The Rhazz
The RhazzSouthern and Hills, SA

My favourite washing machine to date

I'm absolutely wrapped with this ripper of a machine! Bought it on sale EOFY from Appliances Online at 40% off with free delivery, installation and removal of my crappy old one. I love the wide variety of cycle options and the super quick 15 min cycle is brilliant. Internal LED light is great and it is very stable when spinning and nice and quiet too. The clothes came out much drier than I’m used to and the clean is amazing.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Philippa
PhilippaBrisbane

Great Machine....also good value... Love it so far.

Cleans well. Very quiet. Sensible price. Love the soak option (model with soak only available at Jb Hifi) Love that you can add soak or prewash to any cycle. Had an issue with high pitched noise while filling with cold water. Jb Hifi organized a technician to come and look at it. Technician replaced filter on cold water inlet pipe. Problem solved. Can have an issue with super long cycle times on large light items e.g. mattress protectors because it has trouble balancing the load. I put these on at night so that long time is not an issue.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Satisfactory washer

Date PurchasedMar 2018
San Holo
San HoloQld, 4655

Great improvement from 5 year old machine

The previous machine would leave large amounts of lint on the clothes and began to leak so it was time to get a replacement. Can't fault the machine and has many cycles along with clothes being dryer than the previous model so they are able to be brought in from the line faster.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Kgan
Kgan

Not too bad

Bought this when it was on sale. Good for the price. Better than my old fisher and paykel only because it is bigger (8.5kg). Initially having loud rattle problems. Had a service man came out and found out loose suspensions bolts. All removed and problems fixed. But somehow it is still loud and rattle. Overall it is functional and smart.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Front Loading Washing Machines

Read more reviews - page 2See all Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart Front Loader reviews

Kerry Holly
Kerry Hollyasked
FabricSmart WH8560F1 (8.5kg)

Does any one have lint problems with this machine. I have never had a front loader before and I’m worried about lint. We also have 2 cats that shed a lot of hair. So I’m looking for a machine that handles cat hair as well. Also is this machine good for cleaning white sheets. Our sheets always seem to be brownish on my husband’s side of the bed, I think he must perspire a lot more than me. With my current top loader I have to soak the sheets in napisan or similar all night, then wash in washing machine in hot water and even then the sheets are still off colour.

Kerry Holly
Kerry Hollyasked

Kate

Can't give an opinion about cat hair, but I imagine that the F&P machines would be as good, or better than any other front-loader, and it's possible that the extra-spin option would be useful for that, and to reduce potential for build-up in the machine's plumbing. I have never had a problem with lint in any of the 3 different front loaders I've had [moved house a lot and to & fro from Australia]. The F&P is far and away the best one.
About body-generated staining - a question to think about. When I was living with my parents - and that's several decades ago, and hot water was expensive, and washing done in a boiler or copper and wash board[!] - other than dirty hands and necks, and immediate dirt, main body washes and showers were frequently had in the morning, and sheets were invariably a yellowish colour where the body lay, and was rarely easy to wash out. Over the past very many years, I and family members have without exception had showers/baths of an evening and so have gone to bed with bodies that don't have the day's grime and natural oils on the skin. Sheets and pillowcases do not have yellow/brown staining. My husband used to go to bed with wet hair from the shower, and that also would cause staining, but now we shower much earlier in the evening, no wet hair, no stained pillowcases. So could that be an answer?
Another thing - DON'T overdo the detergent, which is a mistake that many people do thinking it might be better. Stick to the amount directed, and no more; do measure it, not guess. More will not get any more soiling out and can infact help it to be washed back in.
Remember also that apart from body oils being present, as probable in this case, stains are generally, actually proteins, and proteins tend to set with heat.
Also make sure you don't overload the machine, whatever size and type. Washing must be able to move and water to run through the items.

Jens.
Jens.

Staining is simply your body oils and skin. My pillows get stained from my face products. Wash more often.

Re cat hair - get it off clothes with the sticky lint roller.

Steven
Stevenasked
FabricSmart WH8560F1 (8.5kg)

Please help! I have never used a machine that creases clothes as bad as this!! I’ve tried all the different options, including the Delicate cycle with cold water and wrinkle free option - and still the creasing is terrible! It seems the spin, even at the lowest 500 is way too strong. What can I do about this??

See all Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart WH8560F1 (8.5kg) questions

FeaturesAuto Balancing
Energy Rating4 star(s)
Water Rating5 star(s)
Dimensions 850 x 600 x 645 mm
Motor TypeDirect Drive (Inverter)
Max Spin Speed 1,400 rpm