Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart WH8560F1 (8.5kg)

Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart WH8560F1 (8.5kg)

MPN: WH8560F1

Disappointing

Purchased in August 2016 at Fridge & Washer City Joondalup for $1,000.00.

Happymum

Happymum

Never knew what I was missing!

Purchased in April 2019.

Linda

LindaSydney, NSW

Great washing machine, better than my old Bosch

We decided to upgrade an old Bosch machine and in final stages of selection we were comparing Bosch, AEG and Fisher Paykel. It finally came down to the wash times and some changes Bosch had made to their machines for wash time. I am sure i am not alone in Australia with wanting a wash time under 1 hour, and with this machine the cotton cycle we get a 59 minute wash time on 30degree water. The machine is fully customisable and you can change the pre-settings to your liking so when selected it comes up with your preferences, not the original pre-programmed options. Clothes wash well, no issues to date.

Purchased in June 2018 at Winning Appliances for $920.00.

Ozara

OzaraSurat

Loads of wash programs, fast and cleans very well

Our fisher paykel cloths washer has loads of different washing programs, from cotton to delicate to fast wash. We found just the simple fast wash gets the job done very well. Te soap draw has gotten stuck a few times but we just had to clean it out a bit. Dirty cloths go in clean come out! Very happy with our cloths washer

Date PurchasedApr 2018

DeeSouthern highlands nsw

Unfortunately a waste of money ☹️

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Johnnycake

JohnnycakeBunbury

Great family cloths washer

This has been a great buy from the start as our Fisher & paykel fabric smart has done well over one thousand washes and still gets the job done very nicely. Very little washing liquid is required and the settings on the main screen are very strength forward and easy to use

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Consumer 2

Consumer 2adelaide

Very happy

Really happy with this machine. Appreciate the energy rating. Love front loaders in any case, Always use liquid not powder. I like that this machine uses less water. It is not noisy. Love all the options this smarter machine offers. Have found it a consistently reliable machine. this is not my first Fisher and Paykel purchase, I have found the F and P products I have purchased to be reliable and when I did need support with the former front loader F & P were very helpful.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Bee

BeeBatehaven

Yes yes yes

We purchased this as a duo with our dryer. They look sooooooo good in our laundry. Energy rating is pretty good. Its very simple to use. Hubby can use it too! The washing comes out so clean and not very crinkly. ai would deffinately recommend this product to young and old.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Pettie

PettieVictoria

Loads and loads of different modes!

We bought this because it has so many many options for different types of washing styles. It also has done a great job since we got it and had to go the next size up from the base model as we had a lot of cloths to wash but the larger model fits it all

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
The Rhazz

The RhazzVictor Harbor, South Australia

My favourite washing machine to date

I'm absolutely wrapped with this ripper of a machine! Bought it on sale EOFY from Appliances Online at 40% off with free delivery, installation and removal of my crappy old one. I love the wide variety of cycle options and the super quick 15 min cycle is brilliant. Internal LED light is great and it is very stable when spinning and nice and quiet too. The clothes came out much drier than I’m used to and the clean is amazing.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Philippa

PhilippaBrisbane

Great Machine....also good value... Love it so far.

Cleans well. Very quiet. Sensible price. Love the soak option (model with soak only available at Jb Hifi) Love that you can add soak or prewash to any cycle. Had an issue with high pitched noise while filling with cold water. Jb Hifi organized a technician to come and look at it. Technician replaced filter on cold water inlet pipe. Problem solved. Can have an issue with super long cycle times on large light items e.g. mattress protectors because it has trouble balancing the load. I put these on at night so that long time is not an issue.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Satisfactory washer

Date PurchasedMar 2018

San Holo

San HoloQld, 4655

Great improvement from 5 year old machine

The previous machine would leave large amounts of lint on the clothes and began to leak so it was time to get a replacement. Can't fault the machine and has many cycles along with clothes being dryer than the previous model so they are able to be brought in from the line faster.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Kgan

Kgan

Not too bad

Bought this when it was on sale. Good for the price. Better than my old fisher and paykel only because it is bigger (8.5kg). Initially having loud rattle problems. Had a service man came out and found out loose suspensions bolts. All removed and problems fixed. But somehow it is still loud and rattle. Overall it is functional and smart.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Jules

JulesBossley Park

Dream Machine

Previously had a Maytag top loader which was so rough it put holes in my clothes on the everyday cycle!!! Bit the bullet and bought this F&P front loader. After using it, I wished I had purchased it sooner. I cannot fault it. Clothes come out cleaner, multiple cycles to choose from and the add a garment, wrinkle free and soaking features are a big plus. Easy to use and quiet to run. You will not be disappointed and may become addicted to washing like I now am!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

LaurenDarling Downs, QLD

I love this washing machine. Like really love this washing machine

Bought this as an upgrade from a little Bosch front loader. The other machine washed well but I was constantly battling mould in the rubber seal. So when the time came for a bigger machine I diligently did my research and came up with this machine at the top of my list.

It had a great range of cycles, but I tend to use the everyday cycle mostly and everything comes out clean. I love the clean cycle which I try to run every month or two. Nice and quiet, even at 1000rpm. Very very very happy all round. And, no mould! So I'm happy.

Purchased from appliances online, very happy with their service.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Loud rattle

I just bought this today and one the first run it has an incredible rattle. When it was empty I rolled the drum around a bit and it sounds like there is something ticking over on the left behind the drum. Am guessing this is not normal. I have double checked there are no transit bolts in the back.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Damien
Damien

UPDATE: Fisher and Paykel came out today, was a loose suspension bolt. Fixed no probs. Seems like a great machine so far, service man was great, gave advice which will probably save us money in the long term....wish I could update my star rating :)

Anubhav

AnubhavSydney Surrounds, NSW

Terrible Machine, Wait for 1-2 years to passby

Purchased in November 2016 at JB Hifi Home.

Andre and David

Andre and DavidYarraville

This was an excellent purchase

Our clothes have never been cleaner! The cycle is quick, quiet and gentle on clothes. We will now purchase the matching heat pump condensing dryer for our new apartment, along with F&P kitchen appliances. We purchased the washing machine directly from F&P, they promptly delivered it, installed it and removed the old Bosch which we were glad to see the back of!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Bryn55

Bryn55Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Functional, efficient and Smart

Date PurchasedApr 2017

See all Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart Front Loader reviews

petra.gerandt

petra.gerandtasked

how come some models have a liquid tray and others don't as I only use liquid detergent

Steve

Steveasked

When switching the power button on, the Go/Pause light flashes white, the keylock sign flashes red, the timer shows 2.22 hours to go, & the large mode selection knob turns but does not activate anything. Any suggestions?

Dee

Sorry I don't have an answer but if the appliance is within warranty I would definitely call fisher and paykel and alert them to the issue- the machine might be faulty.

fisher_man
fisher_man

hold the keylock till it goes out/ stops flashing (3 - 6 seconds) - your control panel is locked so children cannot play with it.

Elizabeth H

Elizabeth Hasked

Hi everyone, I want to buy a F&P washer and is torn between the FabricSmart and WashSmart 8.5kg (WH8560F1 and WH8560P2). I like the FabricSmart one, but read some review that says this machine uses very little water per cycle as it has 5 star water efficiency (61L/cycle), so it doesn't clean so well, she tried different detergent and finally found adding water manually made clean result a lot better. (The WashSmart washer uses 73L/cycle) So I would like to ask if anyone has noticed that this washer isn't doing the cleaning job well? Thank you!

Lauren

I’ve had mine for 18 months and haven’t ever had an issue with clothes not seeming clean. You have a good selection of cycles to pick from

annie
annie

So which machine did you finally decide on

Ir O.
Ir O.

i have the same inquiry too! Could anyone tell me which one should choose between FabricSmart and WashSmart 8.5kg (WH8560F1 and WH8560P2)? Many thanks!

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives