Fisher & Paykel 60cm Single 11 Function Built-In - 90L

Fisher & Paykel 60cm Single 11 Function Built-In - 90L Questions & Answers

OB60SL11DEPX1 (Stainless Steel), OB60SL11DCPX1 (Stainless Steel, Companion), OB60SL11DEPB1 (Black)
Listing monitored by Fisher & Paykel

20 questions from our users

Morton
Mortonasked
60cm Single 11 Function Built-In - 90L

I have had my oven I’m guessing for about 5 years the control panel has alway steamed up to some degree but last night it started dripping from the knobs and all of the timing lights started flashing and the heat dropped to 160, no error code showed. We were cooking frozen chips and onion rings but it doesn’t matter what I cook it still get steamed up.

Jonathan G.
Jonathan G.asked
60cm Single 11 Function Built-In - 90L

we have Fisher and Paykel single ovens model OB60 and on fan bake and warm and sometimes the oven beeps and resets itself but default to continue cooking is this the same as yours?

John C
John C

Can I turn volume upon timer

JoW
JoWasked
60cm Single 11 Function Built-In - 90L

Used the self clean option2 hours into the clean it beeps flashes A1 which is over heating. Why is it doing this ?

Kenisha
Kenishaasked
60cm Single 11 Function Built-In - 90L

I’m quite concerned about the excessive heat I’ve read that this unit pumps out. Is it only post cook as it’s cooling down, or throughout the whole process?

Suzanne

Through the whole process.

Mark

Have had the oven for around 3 years now and excessive heat has never been a problem.

BELINDA Rasked
60cm Single 11 Function Built-In - 90L

Hi just having issues with self cleaning as soon as I turned it on only for 2nd time used it shows error code F207. Does anyone know what that is.. I've looked in manual & online only say tech fault?

wisewoman

you will have to call Fisher & Paykel - that's the trouble with those electronic panels, they are always stuffing up with error codes and not even F&P know the answer - they will just change your panel. I'm going back to knobs for my next oven!!

BELINDA R

Thanks for replying. Good to know. I'll try there see how I go. Not worth the money really.

Michael
Michaelasked
60cm Single 11 Function Built-In - 90L

Does any one else have touble with Fisher and Paykel OB60SL9 just switching off - Screen goes black oven stops working, Then switches back on can take 1 minute , 2 hours or the next day before it comes back on

Mick

Audrey R
Audrey Rasked
60cm Single 11 Function Built-In - 90L

Is it possible to have oven light only on for resting bread dough at a good temperature overnight?

Suzanne

No. There is no separate switch for light. Comes on automatically when oven is operating.

Aline
Alineasked
60cm Single 11 Function Built-In - 90L

Hi just bought this oven, is it normal the vent blow hot air through the vent when on bake (no fan)??

Suzanne

Yes. My oven blows so much air through the vent (irrespective of whether fan is on) that it is almost impossible to use other than in winter. If I had known this, I wouldn't have purchased the oven. Family and friends comment on the noise and heat when they come into the kitchen while the oven is on.

Chris
Chrisasked

Setting the clock is in the Quick Start guide - this is the link:

wisewoman

From memory, you have to hold 2 buttons together until you get the time mode that you want (ie: 24hour or 12 hour clock), then set it using the arrow buttons. It's not something I do all the time so I just find it in the manual. If you've lost their instruction manual, they have them online - ring their service line and they will direct you.

Catrina C.
Catrina C.asked
60cm Single 11 Function Built-In - 90L

Can anyone help, having problems removing oven door !

Karen S
Karen S

I have removed it once and had no difficulty at all. The instructions made sense, I just had to go through the steps methodically.

Victoria
Victoriaasked
60cm Single 11 Function Built-In - 90L

Anyone know what error A1 stands for? Had my oven nearly 3 years had no issues till a few months ago the light stopped working. Thought it was the globe ended up being a isolater switch which was replaced after 2 weeks it went again so the 2nd isolater switch was replaced now just got this error A1. Should of never touched it. i have the 900mm pyrolytic oven.

Rachel
Rachelasked
60cm Single 11 Function Built-In OB60SL11DCPX1 (Stainless Steel, Companion)

Barry - I have just had same error code F215 ...& great its a long weekend ! I read what you said about overheating & needing to 'dehydrate' - once the fans cooled, did you then turn power off at the wall as stated in the manual or not? Cannot find my switch- guessing it's possibly behind the oven meanings unscrewing the oven ...thanks

IH00966
IH00966

I would think that turning off the switch in the main power box would have the same effect as turning off the power at the wall, and then you would not have the inconvenience of pulling out the whole oven...

Bronda
Brondaasked
60cm Single 11 Function Built-In OB60SL11DCPX1 (Stainless Steel, Companion)

Can anyone help me with updated information on this oven? I am considering getting one to compliment my new kitchen appliances.

Look forward to responses promptly

Jesse

Our first OB60SL11DCPX1 was replaced by F&P as it didn't maintain its temperature. The replacement is working much better. It bakes cakes very well (I'm not sure which settings my wife uses for her various cake and meringue making needs). We mainly use the fan forced setting (we regularly make roast chicken with roasted vegetables) and while this is OK we haven't been getting as good a result as with our previous oven. We are now experimenting with leaving the chicken in longer to get the skin crispier while trying not to dry out the flesh. On balance we like the oven but expected it to perform better.

Barryasked
60cm Single 11 Function Built-In OB60SL11DEPX1 (Stainless Steel)

The oven will not work. It only shows F215 (an error code!?). What does this mean? How can we fix it?

kiwiday56

I'm not a technician, I am just the owner of an oven, just like you. My suggestion is, check online, find the manual for your oven and see what the error code means.
Or call a technician. Cheers

Jesse

According to the user manual (page 61) an alert code starting with 'F' indicates a technical fault. The manual says to contact authorised repairer or customer care with the alert code info.

Barry

That did not help. Customer Care could not answer what the code meant, other than repeat what the manual had shown "Technical fault". I now know from my own investigation that the control circuit was compromised by humidity (from the oven), and had to be "dehydrated". After several days of "dehydration" the fault disappeared and the oven has functioned satisfactorily since.

Barryasked
60cm Single 11 Function Built-In OB60SL11DEPB1 (Black)

What are the error codes for this model

kiwiday56

I think if you look online for that model you will find all that onfo

Jesse

The user manual is at https://www.fisherpaykel.com/download/user-guide/Kitchen/Cook/Built%20In%20Ovens/590476b-nz-au-gb-ie-built-in-oven-ob60sl9-ob60sl11-guide.pdf. Look at page 60-61 for the alert codes.

Dovey
Doveyasked
60cm Single 11 Function Built-In OB60SL11DEPX1 (Stainless Steel)

Intermittently our oven makes a bleep like cords up a keyboard and turns off. We then have to re-set the clock, etc. to start up again. It only does this occasionally, and only either within the first 30 seconds of turning the function knob to the required position, or when the function knob is turned to off after use. The oven works perfectly every other time. Any advise you can give as to the possible cause would be appreciated.

Marj T

Good to know someone else has this exact problem. Does not affect the oven performance and happens occasionally. We assume it may be something to do with power surges and haven't done anything about it ad oven works perfectly!

LaurieS

I have a 9 function oven, and I have not experienced what you describe. Apart from the useless low tone timer ring the oven has worked satisfactorily.

MummyPage
MummyPageasked
60cm Single 11 Function Built-In OB60SL11DEPX1 (Stainless Steel)

My cleaner sprayed my prolethic oven with cleaner, has anybody else had this done and is it now buggered.

kiwiday56

Sorry I don't know the answer to this because I've never used an oven cleaner on mine. it would probably be best to contact F & P and ask them

Jasperasked
60cm Single 11 Function Built-In OB60SL11DCPX1 (Stainless Steel, Companion)

A chef personally and looking at buying a good oven. The Good Guys mentioned that it's their best seller and don't have issues. I make a lot of flans tarts and quiches however I am very concerned that their is so many issues on this model.
So what is the best oven to buy? Don't mind spending but 60cm is all I can fit.

kiwiday56

Last week F&P replaced my oven, the technician said it had so many ongoing problems he'd classed it as a 'lemon' and so I now have a brand new one.
I haven't had time yet to fully 'test drive' the new one, but I've already noticed a nice difference. It doesn't sound like a jet engine when it's cooling down. I will update my post once I've fully tested the replacement. With Christmas looming it's going to get a good workout on the baking.

Jasper

look forward to the review
as I am about to put the coin down

cheers

Marj T

I have had this oven for over a year with absolutely no problems. I bake a lot including quiches and tarts and have always found the perfect function. Yes the fan does run to cool the oven but this has never been a problem for me. Not noisy and I don't notice it.

kevin winch
kevin winchasked
60cm Single 11 Function Built-In OB60SL11DEPX1 (Stainless Steel)

Our oven continues to keep cooling down for on average 20 min. It is noisy and irritating is this normal or can you turn it of please? Thanks for any advice. Kevin.

Andrew Hows
Andrew Hows

Um, I'm just another owner, not a rep or anything, but my oven does the same thing. Haven't timed it, though, so no idea if 20min is exceptional.

Steve
Steve

Hi,
yes our oven does the same, we leave the door open a bit after finished cooking, seems to reduce time of cooling.
I agree it is annoying......

Marj T

Yes it is normal. Time varies though. I don't notice it anymore.

karenmthomas
karenmthomasasked
60cm Single 11 Function Built-In OB60SL11DCPX1 (Stainless Steel, Companion)

Hi how much is an average installation for this model of oven? really liked the oven until I read Rosie's review now not so sure.

Mr Moe
Mr Moe

Hi Karen
Installation is approx $200.

Rose
Rose

Not sure Karen as our installation was part of our renovation costs.
Further to this, as I am still unhappy with replacement working oven, I have just been offered a credit so I will get another brand of oven.
I will be looking for one that does not have the grill come on every setting except fan forced, to make the oven reach temperature faster.
An oven that I can use all shelves to cook at the same time without burning. (eg pastry bake recommended use is middle shelf only)
Telescopic racks that leave room for oven tray to fit underneath.

Moral of the story ask to read manual before purchasing.

Looking into AEG as this seems to be recommended by many people.

kiwiday56

I too made the mistake of buying this oven. Not happy with it at all. I'm taking it out and putting my 15 year old Simpson oven back even though I'll lose financially. Baking is shocking in this oven, muffin batter gets blown sideways on fan bake and 'never fail' recipes are total duds. I've had a tech replace the fan unit and it's still awful. I could never recommend this oven to anyone.

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives