Fisher & Paykel 60cm Built-In Combination Companion OM36NDXB1

Fisher & Paykel 60cm Built-In Combination Companion OM36NDXB1

MPN: 36189239
See the Best Microwaves in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Fisher & Paykel

1.3
hugebean76South East Queensland, QLD

Don't Bother- Find Something Else

Purchased in August 2016 at Harvey Norman for $2,000.00.

Chris H.
Chris H.South East Queensland, QLD

Touchpad broken after 18 months

Whoever designed the touchpad and user interface should be fired! This microwave cost is $2000 and I would rather use a $50 one from Kmart. It's 2 years old and the touchpad has now stopped working.

Other Microwaves

Difficult to use and doesn't work as expected

The first one made a loud noise on start up and then intermittently during fan cycles in the over, didn't defrost properly and started turning itself off intermittently. A F&P Technician came to see it and said they'd just replace it as it's so new. The second one was finally installed yesterday and rattles and doesn't defrost. This was a last minute decision as part of a kitchen install and looks beautiful but is a bad purchase. I also agree it visitors would never be able to use it, there are a lot of steps just to microwave something for 30 seconds. I agree with the other reviews that the companion oven is super easy to use, works like dream. But I wish we had chosen BOSCH or AEG like we had originally planned.

Purchased in December 2018 for $2,998.00.

Microwaves

Find out how Fisher & Paykel 60cm Built-In Combination Companion OM36NDXB1 compares to other Microwaves

I never do reviews
I never do reviewsCentral Queensland, QLD

I hate this microwave

I confirm all the comments above are accurate.

Pro's:
The aesthetic design is excellent, particularly with the paired combination oven. Once it's going it performs perfectly.

Con's
Everything about the interface to actually try and cook or heat anything is completely rubbish.

Our kitchen is completely fitted out with Fisher and Paykel equipment and every other appliance is a pleasure to use. Back to the drawing board Fisher and Paykel, and don't change the design, because a lot of us would be tempted to trade out our existing microwaves if you could produce one in the same style that was actually functional / practical. I really dislike it that much but I am committed to the style.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
kitchengirlAuckland

Crap product from F&P

Difficult to use as others have said. I have used it as a convection oven on the odd occasion, but it is so user unfriendly, that I don’t bother - just use the big oven. Also difficult to turn off - you have to press the button twice and open and close the door to stop the fan whirring! Magnetron broke at about 4yrs old and cost $350NZ to repair. It is easy to clean though. Would definitely not purchase again - I also purchased it as an oven/combo oven combo - if I could do it all over, I would probably buy Bosch instead.

Date PurchasedMar 2014

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021

Worst Product I have ever bought

Disappointing!

After eight months of persevering with this oven, I have run out of patience, and with the benefit of hindsight, wished that I had purchased a separate oven and microwave. I have found this oven slow, difficult to use, and frankly not up to the usual standard of the brand and I am seriously considering replacing my F&P kitchen.
It looks good.
Slow, difficult to use due to inadequate instructions, and temperamental

TC55Riverina

Looks aren't everything.

Other Microwaves

Sharonb
Sharonbasked

4 year old combination micròwave OM36NDX8 , not heating at all on microwave. Second time it has failed. Last time element was problem.

hugebean76

Magnetron probably failed as mine has. Honestly, F&P really have gone down hill in terms of quality and service in recent years.

Sandy R.
Sandy R.asked

Hi, following a power outage my combo oven is not working. Time still displaying on panel but after selecting on button , P01 flashes on display. I'm unable to select any other buttons on control panel . Any tricks to fix this?

Noel R.
Noel R.asked

what was the companion fll oven to this

kitchengirl

I bought whichever model was the OB60 11 function at the time. The oven has hot spots when baking, the pyrolytic function is pretty crap as you have to take every single rack out of the oven and hand clean it - so what is the point exactly? I would not buy F&P again.... would buy Bosch next time.

See all Fisher & Paykel 60cm Built-In Combination Companion OM36NDXB1 questions