Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart Top Loader

Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart Top Loader

MW60 (6kg), MW513 (5.5kg), MW511 (5.5kg) and MW512 (5.5kg)

15 years of service!

We bought this top loader about 15 years ago when they first came out. Outstanding piece of whiteware, pity its replacement is so expensive. It worked continuously till it just didn't last night.

Purchased for $800.00.

Initial reaction

Seems to run well at this early stage.
Far better vibes with this one than the last one we bought which was a useless - and expensive - 7kg Samsung heap of junk which only lasted 4-1/2 years.
Wash cycle is very good - as is the spin cycle. Very quite operation in all modes. Washes clothes most efficiently - which the Samsung was totally useless at.

The only down side we've discovered so far is that the HIGH water level is probably a bit too high. When the water level is set at this height, the water sometimes splashes a little over the top of the bowl and only time will tell if this 'splashed' water has any effect on the inner electrical workings.

Like the idea that you can still open the top of the machine to add things or see what's happening - until the spin cycle begins - then the lid locks.

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman for $599.00.

My 3rd one!

Yes - this is my 3rd F & P washing machine and I have to say I just can't go past it. My previous one lasted 11 years but I will add that it only does washing for one which no doubt added to it's longevity. It's very quiet apart from when it's draining water and you hear a not so quiet pulsating noise but does it's thing quickly and efficiently. I rarely run it on anything but a normal cycle and find it very kind to my clothes. I luv, luv, luv the 1000 rpm spin cycle which helps aid the drying time on the clothes line tremendously. Not the cheapest on the market given it's only a small machine but in so far as a good quality, efficient & durable machine, it's a winner.

Purchased in June 2019 at Domayne QLD, Bundall for $548.00.

best washing machine

this is my 2nd fisher and paykel washing machine ive owned, there great super quite very had any problems i wash everything from quilts, pillows, jumpers, delicates totally satisfied, have used other brands in the past.

Noise Level

Reliable, low maintenance washer.

Faultlessly had 3 yrs of trouble free general household washing.
Easy to use features, washing heavy soiled to delicates perfectly.
Washing times are as expected to obtain perfect wash & spin cycles.

Overall: Very satisfactory & recommended..

Purchased in April 2016 at nz. 100% electrical.

Simple, Ease-of-Use, Neat Lines

This machine is excellent value for money. Your clothes come out smelling fresh and spun dry and undamaged. I used this machine for several years with no problems. It is a reliable unit and at the lower price level, perfect for those on a budget. I liked the neat Scandinavian lines of the machine as well.

Purchased in July 2000 for $399.00.

Noise Level

This is a seriously good machine

Maybe its the thrill of having a new washing machine, or maybe this machine is just awesome.

It really is so simple to use and does an amazing job.

Do you want allergy settings - got it! Delicates - better tick that too. Lid lock -absolutely. 4 different spin speeds - done. It also comes with timing/delayed start.

And most importantly, it washes clothes really, really well. My highest recommendation!

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store for $665.00.

Moving with the times

Still apply the old-fashioned way of sorting clothes into darks and whites.
This machine in particular is good in that the favourite option is automatic. This means that the water fills in such a way that you are not over using water by the amount of water you require. The machine fills just enough to thoroughly wash and rinse the clothes. This then also reduces the cycle times of your wash..
Having mentioned this, you also have the option to use the different cycles. For example choosing the delicate option, it really is a more gentle wash.
I like the size of this machine because it is big enough to wash your bigger items like bedspreads, blankets etc.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman Online for $650.00.

Noise Level

Had for 6 years and it was 2nd hand! Amazing!

Very basic yet has wool and delicate modes which is handy. Not too noisy, and does a great job of cleaning all types of laundry. Reliability wise it’s totally fantastic, we got it over 6 years ago, 2nd hand from a local repair shop. Has never needed any service, averages 5-6 loads per week. Will probably get a larger machine soon but same make and similar model for sure!

Purchased in May 2013 for $400.00.

Great little machine

When our old one of 7years old died, we replaced with the same one straight away. It was actually delivered the next day for free & they took away the old one too. No time having to shop around etc They are a great price & put up with quite a bit.

Purchased in February 2012.

ver good machine

very satisfied have had the machine for 12 months now and does the job perfectly.washes all types of clothes and they come out nice and clean smelling real good.Very happy best machine i have had.

Purchased in October 2017 for $550.00.

Dryer Typenone

Awesome

Awesome machine!
Quick cycles, simple controls, easy to use.
Faster and quieter than my old machine, and spins faster so clothes come out drier.
Would have preferred to have more than the basic 3 water levels (low, medium and high), but not worth upgrading to a more expensive model for the rare time that "med-high" is preferred.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Quiet and reliable

I have been using my washing machine for over a year now, and I absolutely love it.

My previous washing machine was a noisy beast; this one is so quiet that I often forget it's on. It just gives a few beeps when it is done and that is pretty much it.

The 6kg size is perfect for our family of 3; it handles everything from delicates to soiled clothes. It's super straight forward to use and finishes the cycles quickly. I'd researched my options before purchasing and had seen a lot of good reviews for this machine. I feel it has definitely lived up to that feedback - it's been used at least once a day for a good 15 months without any issues whatsoever.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Loverly quiet machine

Excellent for smaller loads for a single person.
Beautifully quiet and efficient. Due to being smaller I cannot wash blankets or bigger loads.
Functions in tvs machine give many options such as spin speed which is highly useful for delicate shirts etc
Overall a great machine.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Best Washing Machine I have owned in 60 years

Given our first Fisher & Paykel Top Loader, a second hand one, some 20 years ago which worked extremely well until July when it finally gave up the ghost. We replaced with the same model. Best ever - washing comes out clean, almost dry after spin dry cycle, quiet and economical. Well done, Fisher & Paykel.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Works very hard at our place

We give this washer a very hard time with daily use and it takes all we can throw at it. We have had it for over five years and it's still going strong. The touchpad had aged a little bit but that could be because the sun comes into the laundry. Its already given very good value. Definite trooper

Date PurchasedAug 2013

Great Washing Machine

Love this washing machine. It is easy to use and is quick and efficient. I like how quiet it is when washing. I have never had any problems with it. It is a lot better than my previous machine (Simpson) which only lasted 3 years. I would recommend to others.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

You can't go wrong buying this one!

I love this. I have had previous issues with machines quickly showing mold regardless of of airing them and cleaning them as per the instructions. I have had no such problems with this machine. I love how quiet it is when washing and how it doesn't crease my clothes as much as other machines

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Damage pillows and water leak

Not very happy as we chucked in some small pillows in cases and they split right open even on delicate wash! We also after this had water leaking from somewhere in the back. As its in warranty were just waiting for someone to pick it up and have gotten it swapped for a different model but by the same make

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Efficient and gentle on the clothes

This is my second FisherPaykel washing machine. My first one lasted just over 14 years and I was very impressed with all the features and the quality. Researched this new model and ordered it online. I never had any problems with it and it is perfect for a family of 4. It has all the cycles that are necessary and works well for all types of fabrics. It is efficient and gentle on the fabrics.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

agitator only agitating very slightly................any ideas to resolve.................I am quite handy. This excellent m/c was purchased in 2009 and used two to three times per week.

This machine fills up & when it gets to it spin cycle it wont start & there is a burning smell Any thoughts
Can't say I've encountered anything of this nature in any of the 3 machines I've owned. Don't like the sound of a 'burning' smell though and I would be erring on the side of caution and contacting F & P to get one of their affiliated serviceman out to have a look. Cheers LizSomething is obviously stopping the spin cycle from working. Is there something caught in the machine somewhere, or perhaps the breaking mechanism on the spin cycle is not releasing properly or jammed in the 'stop' mode. Probably not a simple solution that you can fix on your own.

Fisher and paykel mw511 pride top loader won't complete the rinse cycle and keeps repeating the cycle over and over again. Has last 3 lights on and have to manually forward to next cycle to complete the wash
Does appear to be a computer fault. Only suggestion: Re boot. Completely remove the machine from power source for 5 mins.Well said speedy gonzales. You live up to your name well :)

Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart MW513 (5.5kg)Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart MW60 (6kg)Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart MW511 (5.5kg)Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart MW512 (5.5kg)
CategoryTop Loading Washing MachinesTop Loading Washing MachinesTop Loading Washing MachinesTop Loading Washing Machines
Price (RRP) $699$749
Capacity5.5 kg6 kg
Household Size 1-2 people1-2 people
FeaturesAuto Balancing, Auto Dispense and Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof)Auto Balancing, Auto Dispense and Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof)
Energy Rating1.5 star(s)2 star(s)
Water Rating3 star(s)3 star(s)
Drum MaterialStainless SteelStainless Steel
Number of Spin Speeds33
Number of Wash Cycles44
MechanismAgitatorAgitator
Open Lid Height 1,350 mm1,350 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateNov 2004
Replaced byFisher & Paykel QuickSmart MW512 (5.5kg)Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart MW513 (5.5kg)

Download manual