Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart Top Loader

Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart Top Loader

MW60 (6kg), MW513 (5.5kg), MW511 (5.5kg) and MW512 (5.5kg)

Awesome

Awesome machine!
Quick cycles, simple controls, easy to use.
Faster and quieter than my old machine, and spins faster so clothes come out drier.
Would have preferred to have more than the basic 3 water levels (low, medium and high), but not worth upgrading to a more expensive model for the rare time that "med-high" is preferred.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Quiet and reliable

I have been using my washing machine for over a year now, and I absolutely love it.

My previous washing machine was a noisy beast; this one is so quiet that I often forget it's on. It just gives a few beeps when it is done and that is pretty much it.

The 6kg size is perfect for our family of 3; it handles everything from delicates to soiled clothes. It's super straight forward to use and finishes the cycles quickly. I'd researched my options before purchasing and had seen a lot of good reviews for this machine. I feel it has definitely lived up to that feedback - it's been used at least once a day for a good 15 months without any issues whatsoever.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Loverly quiet machine

Excellent for smaller loads for a single person.
Beautifully quiet and efficient. Due to being smaller I cannot wash blankets or bigger loads.
Functions in tvs machine give many options such as spin speed which is highly useful for delicate shirts etc
Overall a great machine.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Best Washing Machine I have owned in 60 years

Given our first Fisher & Paykel Top Loader, a second hand one, some 20 years ago which worked extremely well until July when it finally gave up the ghost. We replaced with the same model. Best ever - washing comes out clean, almost dry after spin dry cycle, quiet and economical. Well done, Fisher & Paykel.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Works very hard at our place

We give this washer a very hard time with daily use and it takes all we can throw at it. We have had it for over five years and it's still going strong. The touchpad had aged a little bit but that could be because the sun comes into the laundry. Its already given very good value. Definite trooper

Date PurchasedAug 2013

Great Washing Machine

Love this washing machine. It is easy to use and is quick and efficient. I like how quiet it is when washing. I have never had any problems with it. It is a lot better than my previous machine (Simpson) which only lasted 3 years. I would recommend to others.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

You can't go wrong buying this one!

I love this. I have had previous issues with machines quickly showing mold regardless of of airing them and cleaning them as per the instructions. I have had no such problems with this machine. I love how quiet it is when washing and how it doesn't crease my clothes as much as other machines

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Damage pillows and water leak

Not very happy as we chucked in some small pillows in cases and they split right open even on delicate wash! We also after this had water leaking from somewhere in the back. As its in warranty were just waiting for someone to pick it up and have gotten it swapped for a different model but by the same make

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Efficient and gentle on the clothes

This is my second FisherPaykel washing machine. My first one lasted just over 14 years and I was very impressed with all the features and the quality. Researched this new model and ordered it online. I never had any problems with it and it is perfect for a family of 4. It has all the cycles that are necessary and works well for all types of fabrics. It is efficient and gentle on the fabrics.

Love it

I had a Fisher & Pykel for 15 years. Back then it was only the 5kg machine top loader. It was reliable and never has a problem till it died one day. So after hearing rave reviews about the front loaders (LG) I bought one, which was a nightmare. It was very noisy and the machine moved while washing and my back hurt. So after 2 years we went back to the Fisher & Pykel Quicksmart 5.5kg top loader. Its quiet, quick, and cost effective on the save water mode and washing mainly in cold water saves on the gas bills. We only do a couple of loads a week. For the price and reliability it has been a really good washing machine.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Very quiet

This is just a quick initial first impression review - I will update later if I have anything to add.
The main thing I notice straight away is how QUIET it is - it is definitely the quietest machine I've owned yet. Yes - even the fastest spin cycle is quiet, in my opinion It's also faster than my previous machine (a Simpson "Ezi Set" SWT604).
The Simpson only lasted 5 years before developing a fault, so I decided to cut my losses, and rather than have it repaired, I've come back to F&P. (I had a F&P before the Simpson, which lasted well)

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Great machine easy to use

I purchased this machine only a few days ago but I am rating on my experience with this machine as I borrowed my sisters identical machine for the past few months.
This machine is fantastic. It washes very well. Using a good amount of water unlike the front loader machines (I have owned 2 front loaders and didn't like them).
This machines is really easy to use, washes well and the long cycle is about 1 hour (unlike my front loader which was 5 and half hours) and the short cycle is about half hour.
Its not loud when doing a cycle and beeps when finished.
Its only a 5.5kg but I haven't found this to be a problem. You wouldn't be able to put in large heavy blankets as it will unbalance the machine. I would say this is the only down fall.
I paid $515 at Harvey Norman with free delivery and installation and also free washing detergent.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Great Expectations

Our new Fisher and Paykel MW 513 appears to be almost identical to the previous MW 511 which lasted 14 years with only the outlet pump requiring replacement during that period. The controls are logical and easy to use. The direct drive motor is quiet and the wash cycles are quick and efficient. Fully loaded, it's necessary to ensure the clothing is evenly distributed around the drum or things can get very noisy. Really happy with it so far, I will update this review periodically to comment on reliability.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Another great washing machine from Fisher Paykel

Very quiet and does not wear out clothes.
Very thorough rinse process.
Last one lasted 16 years so we shall be happy our new Fisher Paykel product lasts as long.

Purchased from Appliances Online and very happy with their service as it was next day delivery from ordering date.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Waterhammer

Purchased this to replace 18yr old Hoover. That machine had slow turn-off valves - something one would expect in every washing machine manufactured today and particularly from a 'brand name'. Unfortunately this Fisher & Paykel model appears not to have such valves if the horrendous knocking the machine generates in our house's copper pipes is anything to go by. Our old Hoover never did any of this.

We don't need a machine that waterhammers with the resulting damage that can do. First and last Fisher Paykel washer we will buy.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

ENDURANCE ON QUALITY AND QUANTITY!

Cleaning & Rinsing 5/5, Water & Time Efficiency 5/5, A quiet machine you can use day or night! Best features Lid Lock, Economy Option and a pleasant beeper indicating lid is open and it needs to be closed to operate (excellent safety) also indicates end of cycle! Options for washing anything from silks to work wear it’s been that great that I have often advised friends to get the same and the ones that did bought me a thank you gift!
L❤️VE IT

Date PurchasedDec 2005

Quiet machine

It is a quiet machine and it clean well.The clothes does not tangle after washing and the spin cycle take out most of the water.
A good feature is it tells you how long it will before the washing ends.
And the price on the machine was reasonable.
Cannot coplain.

Great machine

I love this washing machine and would never go with another brand again. It does tend to go off balance with a heavy load but every machine I've had does that. I did need the extended warranty but the service guy came out so quickly and fixed it with ease. No problems since

Date PurchasedMar 2013

Love this machine

Good washing machine for an apartment for 2 users. It does have the lint problem but that 's common for all F&P machines. Found out the hard way that softener does not go well with the eco cycle as my clothes still came out with softener. Panel functions were flexible enough. I did find it pricey for a small machine but I guess I'm paying for the brand.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Can't compalin

Almost 3 years since my purchase and the machine hasn't missed a beat. Although have to be careful as sometimes the axle gets trapped with the cloths and starts making loud noise. So, I simply pause the machine and untangle the cloths for the washing cycle to continue. So, this has been a great workhorse for us so far.

Date PurchasedMay 2015