Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart Top Loader

Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart Top Loader

MW513 (5.5kg), MW512 (5.5kg), MW60 (6kg), MW511 (5.5kg)

Washing Machines Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of washing machine would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

janie

janieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst purchase ever

Bought this machine around 6 months ago after previous f&p washer that was amazing omg sounds like an plane taking off o n spin and not happy with more than 1 towel etc surely this is not right !

Purchased in August 2019.

Adqm

AdqmCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Like it a lot, but very big!

My house is small and it takes up a lot of space, but that means it does fit a lot, it cleans perfectly and all the settings work great. The time it takes for one load is average but it is still great.

Purchased in January 2019 at Kmart for $500.00.

Noise Level

Fisher & Paykel are the worst washing machines EVER!

Purchased in January 2016 for $620.00.

Top Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart Top Loader compares to other Top Loading Washing Machines

Pidgie

Pidgie

Going....going... after only 21 months

This is my second F&P Quicksmart and after 21 months of once-a-day use there is a strong smell of stale water coming from it which indicates that it is not fully emptying after the wash cycle. The previous one only lasted three years before going with a big bang. I am careful as to what goes into the machine and always use those washing bags for small items. Apart from the short life span, the machine is a good reliable work-horse which has not had any other issues. I will be looking at other brands when this one goes.

Purchased in January 2018 at Appliances Online.

15 years of service!

We bought this top loader about 15 years ago when they first came out. Outstanding piece of whiteware, pity its replacement is so expensive. It worked continuously till it just didn't last night.

Purchased for $800.00.

Waz

WazSouth East Queensland, QLD

Initial reaction

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman for $599.00.

Babs

BabsSouth East Queensland, QLD

My 3rd one!

Yes - this is my 3rd F & P washing machine and I have to say I just can't go past it. My previous one lasted 11 years but I will add that it only does washing for one which no doubt added to it's longevity. It's very quiet apart from when it's draining water and you hear a not so quiet pulsating noise but does it's thing quickly and efficiently. I rarely run it on anything but a normal cycle and find it very kind to my clothes. I luv, luv, luv the 1000 rpm spin cycle which helps aid the drying time on the clothes line tremendously. Not the cheapest on the market given it's only a small machine but in so far as a good quality, efficient & durable machine, it's a winner.

Purchased in June 2019 at Domayne QLD, Bundall for $548.00.

Tony

TonySydney, NSW

best washing machine

this is my 2nd fisher and paykel washing machine ive owned, there great super quite very had any problems i wash everything from quilts, pillows, jumpers, delicates totally satisfied, have used other brands in the past.

speedy gonzales

speedy gonzalesWanganui

Reliable, low maintenance washer.

Faultlessly had 3 yrs of trouble free general household washing.
Easy to use features, washing heavy soiled to delicates perfectly.
Washing times are as expected to obtain perfect wash & spin cycles.

Overall: Very satisfactory & recommended..

Purchased in April 2016 at nz. 100% electrical.

Monica B

Monica BGungahlin 2912, ACT

Simple, Ease-of-Use, Neat Lines

This machine is excellent value for money. Your clothes come out smelling fresh and spun dry and undamaged. I used this machine for several years with no problems. It is a reliable unit and at the lower price level, perfect for those on a budget. I liked the neat Scandinavian lines of the machine as well.

Purchased in July 2000 for $399.00.

kp

kpSouth East Queensland, QLD

This is a seriously good machine

Maybe its the thrill of having a new washing machine, or maybe this machine is just awesome.

It really is so simple to use and does an amazing job.

Do you want allergy settings - got it! Delicates - better tick that too. Lid lock -absolutely. 4 different spin speeds - done. It also comes with timing/delayed start.

And most importantly, it washes clothes really, really well. My highest recommendation!

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store for $665.00.

Gill B.

Gill B.South East Queensland, QLD

Moving with the times

Still apply the old-fashioned way of sorting clothes into darks and whites.
This machine in particular is good in that the favourite option is automatic. This means that the water fills in such a way that you are not over using water by the amount of water you require. The machine fills just enough to thoroughly wash and rinse the clothes. This then also reduces the cycle times of your wash..
Having mentioned this, you also have the option to use the different cycles. For example choosing the delicate option, it really is a more gentle wash.
I like the size of this machine because it is big enough to wash your bigger items like bedspreads, blankets etc.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman Online for $650.00.

Scotty

ScottyBlenheim

Had for 6 years and it was 2nd hand! Amazing!

Very basic yet has wool and delicate modes which is handy. Not too noisy, and does a great job of cleaning all types of laundry. Reliability wise it’s totally fantastic, we got it over 6 years ago, 2nd hand from a local repair shop. Has never needed any service, averages 5-6 loads per week. Will probably get a larger machine soon but same make and similar model for sure!

Purchased in May 2013 for $400.00.

Macca83

Macca83South East Queensland, QLD

Great little machine

When our old one of 7years old died, we replaced with the same one straight away. It was actually delivered the next day for free & they took away the old one too. No time having to shop around etc They are a great price & put up with quite a bit.

Purchased in February 2012.

ver good machine

very satisfied have had the machine for 12 months now and does the job perfectly.washes all types of clothes and they come out nice and clean smelling real good.Very happy best machine i have had.

Purchased in October 2017 for $550.00.

Dryer Typenone

chickens

chickensMelbourne

Awesome

Awesome machine!
Quick cycles, simple controls, easy to use.
Faster and quieter than my old machine, and spins faster so clothes come out drier.
Would have preferred to have more than the basic 3 water levels (low, medium and high), but not worth upgrading to a more expensive model for the rare time that "med-high" is preferred.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Simone

SimonePerth, WA

Quiet and reliable

I have been using my washing machine for over a year now, and I absolutely love it.

My previous washing machine was a noisy beast; this one is so quiet that I often forget it's on. It just gives a few beeps when it is done and that is pretty much it.

The 6kg size is perfect for our family of 3; it handles everything from delicates to soiled clothes. It's super straight forward to use and finishes the cycles quickly. I'd researched my options before purchasing and had seen a lot of good reviews for this machine. I feel it has definitely lived up to that feedback - it's been used at least once a day for a good 15 months without any issues whatsoever.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Sar

SarSouth East Queensland, QLD

Loverly quiet machine

Excellent for smaller loads for a single person.
Beautifully quiet and efficient. Due to being smaller I cannot wash blankets or bigger loads.
Functions in tvs machine give many options such as spin speed which is highly useful for delicate shirts etc
Overall a great machine.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Sydneen

Sydneen

Best Washing Machine I have owned in 60 years

Given our first Fisher & Paykel Top Loader, a second hand one, some 20 years ago which worked extremely well until July when it finally gave up the ghost. We replaced with the same model. Best ever - washing comes out clean, almost dry after spin dry cycle, quiet and economical. Well done, Fisher & Paykel.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Sandy67

Sandy67melbourne

Works very hard at our place

We give this washer a very hard time with daily use and it takes all we can throw at it. We have had it for over five years and it's still going strong. The touchpad had aged a little bit but that could be because the sun comes into the laundry. Its already given very good value. Definite trooper

Date PurchasedAug 2013