Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart MW513 (5.5kg)

Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart MW513 (5.5kg) (page 2 of 4)

MPN: 35904921

Washing Machines Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of washing machine would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.9

Marty

MartyTweed Heads

Another great washing machine from Fisher Paykel

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Ted

TedMelbourne

Waterhammer

Purchased this to replace 18yr old Hoover. That machine had slow turn-off valves - something one would expect in every washing machine manufactured today and particularly from a 'brand name'. Unfortunately this Fisher & Paykel model appears not to have such valves if the horrendous knocking the machine generates in our house's copper pipes is anything to go by. Our old Hoover never did any of this.

We don't need a machine that waterhammers with the resulting damage that can do. First and last Fisher Paykel washer we will buy.

Jojo

JojoWestern Australia, 6162

ENDURANCE ON QUALITY AND QUANTITY!

Cleaning & Rinsing 5/5, Water & Time Efficiency 5/5, A quiet machine you can use day or night! Best features Lid Lock, Economy Option and a pleasant beeper indicating lid is open and it needs to be closed to operate (excellent safety) also indicates end of cycle! Options for washing anything from silks to work wear it’s been that great that I have often advised friends to get the same and the ones that did bought me a thank you gift!
L❤️VE IT

Date PurchasedDec 2005
Top Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart MW513 (5.5kg) compares to other Top Loading Washing Machines

Deepak

DeepakSydney, NSW

Can't compalin

Almost 3 years since my purchase and the machine hasn't missed a beat. Although have to be careful as sometimes the axle gets trapped with the cloths and starts making loud noise. So, I simply pause the machine and untangle the cloths for the washing cycle to continue. So, this has been a great workhorse for us so far.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Ellen

EllenNSW, 2650

Good machine for two person household

Have owned this machine for 9 months. Great size for a two person household. Cleans clothes well - although there is some lint behind in the machine and on clothes occasionally. Cycle is very quick - like the eco friendly wash option and the ability to do a cold water wash.

MUZZA

MUZZAPERTH

average washing machine

I find the washing machine very loud and it will go off balance very quickly if the washing is not put in machine evenly and then will start to jump all over the floor if you do not turn it off and then repack the machine. For all that it cleans and does rinse cloths very well. Not a family washing machine and suited well for pensioner couple.

Date PurchasedJun 2015
pharlap61

pharlap61South East Queensland, QLD

Fast efficient and does the job

Cleans and rinses clothes and towels well fits 5bath towels
No damage to clothes only have to hang my shirts and they don’t need ironing
Sound is a bit high on fast spin but it’s only for a minute or so
Water softener can be added easy
It’s value for money and ease of use

Date PurchasedNov 2017
smp

smpsydney

Great durable washing machine

I previously had a similar machine which I had for about 10 years without any issues until the control board went. I bought a similar one again and am very happy with it. It cleans clothes really well and seems to be very gently on them. I like that you can easily choose which cycles to run as I like to hand wash some clothes then just rinse and spin it out. There is a short and long full cycle too and doesn't take too long.

Phil

PhilMelbourne

planned obsolescence or piece of junk

Due to laundry space constrain, I only can buy Fisher & Paykel washing machine despite knowing that the life of the product will barely exceed more than 2 years without any major problem (Electronic failing, parts to replace). The latest, 2 board failure in 18 months. An advice, purchase an extended warranty or choose another brand!!

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Pearl

PearlAdelaide

Love it

I am very happy with the Fisher&Paykel quick smart top loader it is quiet has no extra wear on our clothes I love the convenience of being able to pop extra clothes in when the wash has commenced also easy to use one feature at a time such as just a spin .

Date PurchasedJul 2014
Unhappypest

UnhappypestAU

Long lasting goodness

Perfect machine for a couple of guys, has lasted well, over four years and has not played up. Its quiet, it washes clothes well on green laundary liquid, it spins well and you can turn the spin down for bulky items. I thought i had killed it the other day washing three floor mats but it recovered when i took em out and flushed the machine.

Date PurchasedMar 2013
Pete

PeteWoodstock 2793

Real good !!

Favourite feature is if it gets out of balance from heavy bulky items it stops preventing it from belting itself all around the laundry smashing into the freezers. does an EXCELLENT job on very filthy work clothes (cow manure, grease) wonderful on delicate clothes, cant fault it, had this machine for a yr now, it gets used 4 to 6 times a week & it washes quickly. Cheers Pete @ Tapua Labradors.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Moochman

MoochmanNELSON

Rubbish

We foolishly bought this rubbish about four years ago. Ok, it hasn't actually broken down - I wish it would. Then I could pick it up and smash it into tiny pieces.
It kind of washes the clothes but the worst bit is that it infuriates in the process. The agitator protrudes too much in the wrong places, catching on large items. It then won't spin, preferring to dance around the laundry.
If you want your washing machine to induce homicidal apoplexy, buy this. Otherwise, spend the dollars on something decent.

Date PurchasedApr 2013
tami45

tami45Sydney

Perfect size for a small family or couples

We love our new washer and would recommend it to a small family or couples. If you are washing for more than 3 people, could be too small for you. We like that is is very quiet and economical on water and energy. I can hardly hear it in comparison to my previous machine I felt like " the plane is about to take off" when it was spinning. It is also good value for money.

Jez

JezBrisbane

Love it

Cleans very well with little noise.

Does not wear out clothes.

Very quiet. Installation was easy as.

Very happy with the purchase as the overall size is small for its capacity.

Felt it was a good middle to low range priced machine and backed by a very reputable brand in Fisher and Paykel.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Prudence P.

Prudence P.

Very Good Economic Mashine

Very happy with this middle of the range priced washing machine. Cleans well and is economically on both power & water. Another member of my family has just bought one after using mine for a few weeks. Have had no problems with it at all. Would recommend it to anyone looking for a reasonably priced machine.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Annette W.

Annette W.GOLD COAST, Qld

Excellent - Purchased for my mum

I purchased this washing machine for my mum who was only used to the hand dial manual operation of a top loader washing machine. The people from the Good Guys installed it and removed my mum's old machine. This machine was easy to use as I could not assist my mum as I live in a different state and she found it easy to use and for someone who doesn't even have an ATM card or a mobile she could operate it and I found that was amazing. She loves her machine and said it even beeps when it is finished. Oh the small things.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Kate

KateDrummoyne

Very functional washing machine

Great washing machine. Small but powerful. I was looking for an affordable and functional top loader washing machine for my small apartment. It ticks all boxes for me. It works very quick and washes well and clean. It is very easy to use and quiet when it is in use.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Steve

SteveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very simple and easy to use

No arbitrary nobs or dials or calligraphy styled icons to decipher here. Just straight up simple design that can start a load in a handful of button presses in seconds.
Had variation of these models for years now, never had issues.
This smaller model suits my needs fine, if I were ever to upgrade or need another to accommodate more people then I'd likely just get a larger version within the same model.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
topion

topionSydney, NSW

Excellent small machine

Cleans clothes very well there are so many wash cycles to choose from it is so basic to use. Due to having a small agitator, clothes don't get tangled and worn out, holds a fair bit of a load. Love that it is quiet and I love that it plays music at the end to signal end of load.

Date PurchasedSep 2015
See all Fisher & Paykel Series 3 Top Loader Washing Machines reviews

katsieb

katsiebasked

QuickSmart MW513 (5.5kg)

I have found that every 2nd wash or so i do now is completely covered in lint almost destroying my items as it is then basically impossible to ever really remove it all from items. I tried all troubleshooting suggestions ; running an empty wash on high in hot.
Did the same again including white vinegar to clean the interior. Removed the lid and cleaned all of the inside drum.
Unscrewed the agitator removed it scrubbed down & painstakingly removed all of the trapped lint throughout all the holes all the way down the interior of the agitator (which seems really disgusting to be happening at all.)
Returned the as new agitator & 2 washes later every item is coated in lint again.
Why is there no lint filter on this machine? Had I known this I would NEVER pay for this product.

Any solutions F&P??

Carol Martin
Carol Martin

Oh no, Katsieb! What a thorough investigation you’ve done to no avail! I’m sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with the machine after I’ve given it such a good review. I’m very very happy with mine and haven’t had any lint problems at all.

malcolmasked

QuickSmart MW513 (5.5kg)

seems there are lots of questions for this quicksmart machine but no quick and smart answers when the spin cycle will not intitiate. our machine purchased in january and has failed already because a DB sheet and 2 pillowcases were out of balance. redistributing the load did not work.

Nise
Nise

That did happen with sheets but no problem once redistributed. I had no problems with my first FP 5.5kg that's why I purchased a second one. My new 6kg is so far terrific.

malcolm

would you believe Nise, my wife came in after two goes of my own and a i said to her, "no Luck, it still doesnt spin out but go ahead and do a load, ill just hang it out all wet." she put on a fairly big load, no bigger than ususal and we kept an eye on it for the whole time. the temperamental thing went right through to the end including the spin cycles for rinse and finish. work that one out. Cheers Malcolm

vaniajonathan626

vaniajonathan626asked

QuickSmart MW513 (5.5kg)

where is the lint disposable waste in this machine?and if it is internal I will like to know how it works ,because eventually could block the machine...I just bought this machine...I have always clean the waste in my other ones...

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives