Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart Top Loader

Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart Top Loader Questions & Answers

MW513 (5.5kg), MW60 (6kg), MW512 (5.5kg), MW511 (5.5kg)

150 questions from our users

katsieb

katsiebasked

QuickSmart MW513 (5.5kg)

I have found that every 2nd wash or so i do now is completely covered in lint almost destroying my items as it is then basically impossible to ever really remove it all from items. I tried all troubleshooting suggestions ; running an empty wash on high in hot.
Did the same again including white vinegar to clean the interior. Removed the lid and cleaned all of the inside drum.
Unscrewed the agitator removed it scrubbed down & painstakingly removed all of the trapped lint throughout all the holes all the way down the interior of the agitator (which seems really disgusting to be happening at all.)
Returned the as new agitator & 2 washes later every item is coated in lint again.
Why is there no lint filter on this machine? Had I known this I would NEVER pay for this product.

Any solutions F&P??

Carol Martin
Carol Martin

Oh no, Katsieb! What a thorough investigation you’ve done to no avail! I’m sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with the machine after I’ve given it such a good review. I’m very very happy with mine and haven’t had any lint problems at all.

malcolmasked

QuickSmart MW513 (5.5kg)

seems there are lots of questions for this quicksmart machine but no quick and smart answers when the spin cycle will not intitiate. our machine purchased in january and has failed already because a DB sheet and 2 pillowcases were out of balance. redistributing the load did not work.

Nise
Nise

That did happen with sheets but no problem once redistributed. I had no problems with my first FP 5.5kg that's why I purchased a second one. My new 6kg is so far terrific.

malcolm

would you believe Nise, my wife came in after two goes of my own and a i said to her, "no Luck, it still doesnt spin out but go ahead and do a load, ill just hang it out all wet." she put on a fairly big load, no bigger than ususal and we kept an eye on it for the whole time. the temperamental thing went right through to the end including the spin cycles for rinse and finish. work that one out. Cheers Malcolm

shell

shellasked

QuickSmart MW512 (5.5kg)

I bought my Washing Machine brand new in 2006 it has worked fine until now........when it is filling with water it stops and starts more than it use to and beeps and when it starts to wash it keeps stopping and beeping it beeps on the spin cycle and rinse so I have to turn it off and then turn it back on .......Do you think the computer has had it? Cheers Michelle

Shirley A.

Shirley A.asked

QuickSmart MW512 (5.5kg)

My MW512 has worked perfectly for years but now fills to top when set on LOW and overflows on any other setting. Where is the problem?

norm

normasked

QuickSmart Top Loader

my machine leaves black foam like rubber bit in the washing and in the machine after a wash

Luke R.

Luke R.asked

QuickSmart MW512 (5.5kg)

My f&P 512 is stuck on spin cycle but is not spinning I think I have overloaded it.it is beeping and the lights on the spin cycle are flashing.but nothing else is happening.please help.

vaniajonathan626

vaniajonathan626asked

QuickSmart MW513 (5.5kg)

where is the lint disposable waste in this machine?and if it is internal I will like to know how it works ,because eventually could block the machine...I just bought this machine...I have always clean the waste in my other ones...

Mick  R

Mick Rasked

Looking for the lint filter on mw513 machine serial number mrg497517

Jelly

Jellyasked

QuickSmart MW513 (5.5kg)

How do you replace the drain hose on a MW513 washer ? Help appreciated.

Hanim H.

Hanim H.asked

QuickSmart MW513 (5.5kg)

My F&P starts to fill with water after spin cycle is completed . Reasons/solutions ?

john chan

john chanasked

QuickSmart MW513 (5.5kg)

please tell me what is the product code number for Fisher & Paykel washing machine MW513 for registration purpose.
My email address : [email removed]
thanks
john

Steve G

Steve Gasked

QuickSmart MW512 (5.5kg)

Is there a run capacitor on the MW512 and if so where is it located. It has been suggested to me that the Motor Control Module now performs the function of capacitor on the direct drive motors.

Bashar.

Bashar.asked

QuickSmart MW511 (5.5kg)

Hi My Washing Machine is Fisher and Paykel MW511 Serial No.BPA808865, It doesn't draining water. I tried to take the outlet hose out, but couldn't and I didn't find any filter. what should I do ?

Waz

Answer is from Dale M - not me Bashar ....Quote -'The MW511 doesn't have a pump filter. You can remove the pump itself very easily and check for blockages. If the inlet to the pump is blocked then you need to take the bowl out to clear the inlet. Also make sure there is no blockage in the outlet hose'.... Hope this helps.

Anthony

Van-Long T.asked

it won't spin dry

Gupp
Gupp

Hi there, sometimes it won’t spin dry if it is not balanced. If you haven’t already tried these 2 things, give them a go. Spread the load out a bit better and try start it again.
The other thing that sometimes works is to switch it off and to restart it.

ccppww

ccppwwasked

QuickSmart MW513 (5.5kg)

Hi I have a quicksmart MW513 and lint is left on my black clothes. Is there a lint filter I can clean? If so how do I do this. Thanks :)

Pidgie
Pidgie

There is no lint filter available to you. It is internal to the machine and suppose to automatically empty. In your case it appears to clogged. I suggest that you run a high-water-level hot wash and see if that will clean it. I run one of these at least once a month. Otherwise put a microfibre cloth in with the load to pick up all the lint.

Joseph Z.

Joseph Z.asked

what's year model?

Babs

I would assume it's one of their latest models as I only bought it (new) in June of this year.

Cheers Liz

serial number?

Brian

Brianasked

QuickSmart MW512 (5.5kg)

agitator only agitating very slightly................any ideas to resolve.................I am quite handy. This excellent m/c was purchased in 2009 and used two to three times per week.

Brian

Brianasked

QuickSmart MW512 (5.5kg)

This machine fills up & when it gets to it spin cycle it wont start & there is a burning smell
Any thoughts

Babs

Can't say I've encountered anything of this nature in any of the 3 machines I've owned. Don't like the sound of a 'burning' smell though and I would be erring on the side of caution and contacting F & P to get one of their affiliated serviceman out to have a look. Cheers Liz

Waz

Something is obviously stopping the spin cycle from working. Is there something caught in the machine somewhere, or perhaps the breaking mechanism on the spin cycle is not releasing properly or jammed in the 'stop' mode. Probably not a simple solution that you can fix on your own.

fisher_man

No braking mechanism, direct drive motor.
Possible fault with motor winding or main controller pcb.

tim u.

tim u.asked

QuickSmart Top Loader

Fisher and paykel mw511 pride top loader won't complete the rinse cycle and keeps repeating the cycle over and over again. Has last 3 lights on and have to manually forward to next cycle to complete the wash

speedy gonzales
speedy gonzales

Does appear to be a computer fault.
Only suggestion: Re boot.
Completely remove the machine from power source for 5 mins.

kp
kp

Well said speedy gonzales. You live up to your name well :)

Bhuvi B.
Bhuvi B.

Tim, did it work? I have similar issue I think. What was the solution for you?

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives