Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart Top Loader

Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart Top Loader (page 2 of 9)

MW513 (5.5kg), MW60 (6kg), MW512 (5.5kg), MW511 (5.5kg)

Washing Machines Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of washing machine would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.9

chickens

chickensMelbourne

Awesome

Awesome machine!
Quick cycles, simple controls, easy to use.
Faster and quieter than my old machine, and spins faster so clothes come out drier.
Would have preferred to have more than the basic 3 water levels (low, medium and high), but not worth upgrading to a more expensive model for the rare time that "med-high" is preferred.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Simone

SimonePerth, WA

Quiet and reliable

I have been using my washing machine for over a year now, and I absolutely love it.

My previous washing machine was a noisy beast; this one is so quiet that I often forget it's on. It just gives a few beeps when it is done and that is pretty much it.

The 6kg size is perfect for our family of 3; it handles everything from delicates to soiled clothes. It's super straight forward to use and finishes the cycles quickly. I'd researched my options before purchasing and had seen a lot of good reviews for this machine. I feel it has definitely lived up to that feedback - it's been used at least once a day for a good 15 months without any issues whatsoever.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Sar

SarSouth East Queensland, QLD

Loverly quiet machine

Excellent for smaller loads for a single person.
Beautifully quiet and efficient. Due to being smaller I cannot wash blankets or bigger loads.
Functions in tvs machine give many options such as spin speed which is highly useful for delicate shirts etc
Overall a great machine.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Top Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart Top Loader compares to other Top Loading Washing Machines

Sydneen

Sydneen

Best Washing Machine I have owned in 60 years

Given our first Fisher & Paykel Top Loader, a second hand one, some 20 years ago which worked extremely well until July when it finally gave up the ghost. We replaced with the same model. Best ever - washing comes out clean, almost dry after spin dry cycle, quiet and economical. Well done, Fisher & Paykel.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Sandy67

Sandy67melbourne

Works very hard at our place

We give this washer a very hard time with daily use and it takes all we can throw at it. We have had it for over five years and it's still going strong. The touchpad had aged a little bit but that could be because the sun comes into the laundry. Its already given very good value. Definite trooper

Date PurchasedAug 2013
Meekey

MeekeySydney

Great Washing Machine

Love this washing machine. It is easy to use and is quick and efficient. I like how quiet it is when washing. I have never had any problems with it. It is a lot better than my previous machine (Simpson) which only lasted 3 years. I would recommend to others.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Natasha

NatashaPerth

You can't go wrong buying this one!

I love this. I have had previous issues with machines quickly showing mold regardless of of airing them and cleaning them as per the instructions. I have had no such problems with this machine. I love how quiet it is when washing and how it doesn't crease my clothes as much as other machines

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Sabastion Beamer

Sabastion BeamerBroom

Damage pillows and water leak

Not very happy as we chucked in some small pillows in cases and they split right open even on delicate wash! We also after this had water leaking from somewhere in the back. As its in warranty were just waiting for someone to pick it up and have gotten it swapped for a different model but by the same make

dreamygirl8

dreamygirl8Sydney

Efficient and gentle on the clothes

This is my second FisherPaykel washing machine. My first one lasted just over 14 years and I was very impressed with all the features and the quality. Researched this new model and ordered it online. I never had any problems with it and it is perfect for a family of 4. It has all the cycles that are necessary and works well for all types of fabrics. It is efficient and gentle on the fabrics.

Debbie

DebbieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Love it

I had a Fisher & Pykel for 15 years. Back then it was only the 5kg machine top loader. It was reliable and never has a problem till it died one day. So after hearing rave reviews about the front loaders (LG) I bought one, which was a nightmare. It was very noisy and the machine moved while washing and my back hurt. So after 2 years we went back to the Fisher & Pykel Quicksmart 5.5kg top loader. Its quiet, quick, and cost effective on the save water mode and washing mainly in cold water saves on the gas bills. We only do a couple of loads a week. For the price and reliability it has been a really good washing machine.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Skippy

Skippy

Very quiet

This is just a quick initial first impression review - I will update later if I have anything to add.
The main thing I notice straight away is how QUIET it is - it is definitely the quietest machine I've owned yet. Yes - even the fastest spin cycle is quiet, in my opinion It's also faster than my previous machine (a Simpson "Ezi Set" SWT604).
The Simpson only lasted 5 years before developing a fault, so I decided to cut my losses, and rather than have it repaired, I've come back to F&P. (I had a F&P before the Simpson, which lasted well)

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Lexisview

LexisviewSYDNEY

Great machine easy to use

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Quickpig

QuickpigSoldiers Point

Great Expectations

Our new Fisher and Paykel MW 513 appears to be almost identical to the previous MW 511 which lasted 14 years with only the outlet pump requiring replacement during that period. The controls are logical and easy to use. The direct drive motor is quiet and the wash cycles are quick and efficient. Fully loaded, it's necessary to ensure the clothing is evenly distributed around the drum or things can get very noisy. Really happy with it so far, I will update this review periodically to comment on reliability.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Marty

MartyTweed Heads

Another great washing machine from Fisher Paykel

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Ted

TedMelbourne

Waterhammer

Purchased this to replace 18yr old Hoover. That machine had slow turn-off valves - something one would expect in every washing machine manufactured today and particularly from a 'brand name'. Unfortunately this Fisher & Paykel model appears not to have such valves if the horrendous knocking the machine generates in our house's copper pipes is anything to go by. Our old Hoover never did any of this.

We don't need a machine that waterhammers with the resulting damage that can do. First and last Fisher Paykel washer we will buy.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Jojo

JojoWestern Australia, 6162

ENDURANCE ON QUALITY AND QUANTITY!

Cleaning & Rinsing 5/5, Water & Time Efficiency 5/5, A quiet machine you can use day or night! Best features Lid Lock, Economy Option and a pleasant beeper indicating lid is open and it needs to be closed to operate (excellent safety) also indicates end of cycle! Options for washing anything from silks to work wear it’s been that great that I have often advised friends to get the same and the ones that did bought me a thank you gift!
L❤️VE IT

Date PurchasedDec 2005
george

georgeperth

Quiet machine

It is a quiet machine and it clean well.The clothes does not tangle after washing and the spin cycle take out most of the water.
A good feature is it tells you how long it will before the washing ends.
And the price on the machine was reasonable.
Cannot coplain.

Pktick

PktickSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great machine

I love this washing machine and would never go with another brand again. It does tend to go off balance with a heavy load but every machine I've had does that. I did need the extended warranty but the service guy came out so quickly and fixed it with ease. No problems since

Date PurchasedMar 2013
KPF

KPFPerth

Love this machine

Good washing machine for an apartment for 2 users. It does have the lint problem but that 's common for all F&P machines. Found out the hard way that softener does not go well with the eco cycle as my clothes still came out with softener. Panel functions were flexible enough. I did find it pricey for a small machine but I guess I'm paying for the brand.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Deepak

DeepakSydney, NSW

Can't compalin

Almost 3 years since my purchase and the machine hasn't missed a beat. Although have to be careful as sometimes the axle gets trapped with the cloths and starts making loud noise. So, I simply pause the machine and untangle the cloths for the washing cycle to continue. So, this has been a great workhorse for us so far.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
See all Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart Top Loader reviews

katsieb

katsiebasked

QuickSmart MW513 (5.5kg)

I have found that every 2nd wash or so i do now is completely covered in lint almost destroying my items as it is then basically impossible to ever really remove it all from items. I tried all troubleshooting suggestions ; running an empty wash on high in hot.
Did the same again including white vinegar to clean the interior. Removed the lid and cleaned all of the inside drum.
Unscrewed the agitator removed it scrubbed down & painstakingly removed all of the trapped lint throughout all the holes all the way down the interior of the agitator (which seems really disgusting to be happening at all.)
Returned the as new agitator & 2 washes later every item is coated in lint again.
Why is there no lint filter on this machine? Had I known this I would NEVER pay for this product.

Any solutions F&P??

Carol Martin
Carol Martin

Oh no, Katsieb! What a thorough investigation you’ve done to no avail! I’m sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with the machine after I’ve given it such a good review. I’m very very happy with mine and haven’t had any lint problems at all.

malcolmasked

QuickSmart MW513 (5.5kg)

seems there are lots of questions for this quicksmart machine but no quick and smart answers when the spin cycle will not intitiate. our machine purchased in january and has failed already because a DB sheet and 2 pillowcases were out of balance. redistributing the load did not work.

Nise
Nise

That did happen with sheets but no problem once redistributed. I had no problems with my first FP 5.5kg that's why I purchased a second one. My new 6kg is so far terrific.

malcolm

would you believe Nise, my wife came in after two goes of my own and a i said to her, "no Luck, it still doesnt spin out but go ahead and do a load, ill just hang it out all wet." she put on a fairly big load, no bigger than ususal and we kept an eye on it for the whole time. the temperamental thing went right through to the end including the spin cycles for rinse and finish. work that one out. Cheers Malcolm

shell

shellasked

QuickSmart MW512 (5.5kg)

I bought my Washing Machine brand new in 2006 it has worked fine until now........when it is filling with water it stops and starts more than it use to and beeps and when it starts to wash it keeps stopping and beeping it beeps on the spin cycle and rinse so I have to turn it off and then turn it back on .......Do you think the computer has had it? Cheers Michelle

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives