Fisher & Paykel 519L French Door RF522ADX5 (Stainless Steel)

Fisher & Paykel 519L French Door RF522ADX5 (Stainless Steel)

MPNs: 6861 and RF522ADX5

• Internal Layout

C.A.Sydney, NSW

VERY BEAUTIFUL FRIDGE

This fridge replaced our previous Fischer & Paykel fridge, which lasted 20 years.
Now this is an unbelievable lifespan for a fridge, so I had to stick with the brand, and buy another Fischer & Paykel fridge.
This new fridge is of very high quality, and one of the most beautiful fridges on the market.
It’s also super quiet.
A very big thank you to the manufacturer for producing such an excellent product.

Purchased in November 2020.

Household Size2 person(s)
Ramondo DeVille

Ramondo DeVilleSydney, NSW

Good Looking Fridge, But Noise / Compressor Issues

Purchased in March 2019 for $1,800.00.

Household Size4 person(s)
swamprat96

swamprat96

Good fridge and well made

Fridge replaced an old conventional F&P. Whilst being the same size it does lose space because of the french doors- and those french doors never close by themselves. Apart from that we've had it a year now with zero issues. The fast freeze and bottle chill features get used all the time. Quality is good and nothing has broken - unlike a kelvinator beer fridge bought more recently

Purchased in August 2018 at The Good Guys for $2,100.00.

Household Size4 person(s)
French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Fisher & Paykel 519L French Door RF522ADX5 (Stainless Steel) compares to other French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

Victor

Victor

So far so good. Very quiet fridge.

Have had the Fisher Paykel 519L active smart french door fridge for nearly 2 years now after a major reno. Chosen this refrigerator for it's good looks & excellent size. So far so good. Very quiet. The ability to see all things inside of fridge at a quick glance. The side storage is great for quick access to milk and butter, jams & sauces. Excellent refrigerator. Highly recommended.

Purchased in October 2017 at Appliances Online for $2,199.00.

Household Size3 person(s)
George

GeorgePerth, WA

Very nice fridge

Purchased in August 2019 at Appliances Online for $1,783.00.

Household Size2 person(s)
Chris

ChrisBrisbane

Just purchased

Updating review..Stainless steel smudges very easy. Managed to have one of the letters on the front of the fridge fall off after a light wipe down, so now I have a Fisher & Pay el, good look... No egg holder or an accessory to even buy to get one!? Massive over sight by F&P. Quite loud compared to my older (and cheaper) fridge. Double vege/fruit bins are good. Early days but regretting my purchase.

Purchased in August 2019.

John

JohnSouth East Queensland, QLD

In a word "Fantastic

French doors are great. Can see and reach everything. The Veg crisper keep veggies fresh well beyond use-by date. Freezer is roomy and access easy.
A big improvement on my 27 year old Kelvinator which is still going as my beer fridge.
Thanks F&P

Purchased in June 2019 at Appliances Online for $1,810.00.

Household Size1 person(s)
Esther

EstherPerth, WA

Best fit for kitchen with a rather shallow recess.

Best fit for my kitchen where space is plenty but lacks the cabinet depth but yet we still want a fridge that can accommodate a family of 5.

The temperature so far has been even for both fridge and freezer and have not experienced any sort of freezing for items places on the top shelf of the fridge. The best part about this fridge is that it offers plenty of space for a smaller foot print in your kitchen. It would be nice if Fisher & Paykel would sells a wider fridge with similar depth and height.

Purchased in March 2019.

Household Size5 person(s)
Mitch K

Mitch K

Convenient and quiet

I needed a new fridge to fit into the fridge space in my new home and the Fisher & Paykel I choose turned out to be perfect. The french doors really suited our home as it meant that the fridge could be open at the same time as someone was walking through the narrow kitchen it sits in. A single door fridge would block off the whole walkway until it's closed again. Also, the Fisher & Paykel doesn't make the noises of other fridges you sometimes here at other peoples houses.

Purchased in November 2018.

Grandad

GrandadSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fridge Freezer Size and Handle Location.

Purchased in December 2018.

Hannah B

Hannah BSydney

Nice & Silent Fridge

Works real nice, modern square edges and best of all unlike our old fridge this one is silent, no noisy buzzing or clunks. lots of great storage compartments and loads of clever spaces. Easy to access all the back corners and easy to change shelf levels quick when required for taller items.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Loretta

LorettaSydney, NSW

Excellent fridge for kitchen with limited space

We previously had a Fisher and Paykel 519L fridge/freezer and it was excellent, so we were happy to purchase this brand again. We chose the French door model as we live in a Sydney terrace with limited space in the kitchen - the doors don’t need as much space to swing open as our previous fridge. Unlike a side-by-side fridge, the French doors open to a single compartment, which means you still have a nice wide shelf for platters and the like. My only criticisms are that unlike our previous fridge this doesn’t have a dedicated ice shelf in the freezer and there is no egg storage in the fridge - so we’ve had to leave our eggs in cartons.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Liana

LianaRozele

Perfect fridge for me

I only used this fridge for a couple of months and had no problems so far. I was also looking for a fridge to fit the space int he kitchen cabinetry and was pleasantly surprised to find this one. I love how it is quiet and has so much room for everything that I need to store for the family of 4.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Tanita

TanitaSydney

Smart design and functional fridge

I have a high regard for Fisher & Paykel appliances. When I was planning to purchase a new fridge, I immediately thought of Fisher & Paykel. I love my new fridge, it is roomy, has a stylish and smart design and is very quiet. I like the glass shelves, it is easy to store items and gives the impression of more space around the items stored.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Ranga Tang

Ranga TangHunter Region, NSW

Keeps beer cold...

Purchased after moving house and old fridge didnt fit in the gap. Only chose as was the biggest fridge for the size of the gap in the kitchen. However very happy. Not noisy. Looks good, realy like the handles on the side. Freezer compartment is user friendly as wife initially wasnt happy with the idea but has since warmed to the idea.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018

Michael

MichaelPerth, WA

value for money

We've had this fridge for 2 years & can not fault it. It's very quiet & streamlined so fits nicely & has plenty of shelf space. Looks good too! The freezer section has 2 nice deep drawers. We have not had a problem at all. We read plenty of reviews before buying it & would definitely recommend.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
nmcc08

nmcc08Perth, WA

Great Overall.

Very nice and modern looking, so far every thing has been pretty awesome with this fridge/freezer. It has an alarm to let you know when the door's have been opened for too long and also has a high 3.5 star energy rating. You can control the top compartment temperature and middle with a touch of a button and runs so quite that I had to check today to make sure it was still working. I found that you have to turn the settings right down near to the lowest to maintain the temperature that my old Westinghouse had, which I found kind of strange. Overall a very high quality product and I give it 9/10 stars.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Mark

Mark

Good fridge

I’m been having the fridge for a month, so far so good despite some of the negative comments on this site. One of the plastic lids from the door came cracked but I rang support and they sent me a replacement in less than a week. Regarding the noise I don’t understand all the fuss, it’s as noisy as any other fridge, the noise level is really low, all fridges work with compressors which is not a zero noise level device, it’s pretry remarkable they can make it very quiet these days. The ice tray that came with is not really useful that’s why I didn’t buy a fridge with water dispenser, a fridge manufacturer is good in making fridges after all. So far everything is working as expected and I’m happy with the product.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Eve

EveGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

OK

Just got it yesterday, so far so good. It is stainless steel looks nice outside and comes with 2 year-warranty. Also, as a french door design, it fits in the fridge slot perfectly. I was deciding from this one and another on, Hair. Same storage capacity and similar design, but price is quite different. But eventually I went for this one coz it says the best fridge brand in Australia. Hope it wont disappoint me.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Tezza51

Tezza51Melbourne

This is a great fridge, it keeps everything nice and cold and fresh as well the freezer is the only problem that being on the bottom it’s in a bad location and is also very small for the actual size of the fridge, but apart from that, we are very happy with the fridge

Date PurchasedJune 2017
See all Fisher & Paykel 519L French Door RF522A Series reviews

ari1972asked

519L French Door RF522ADX5 (Stainless Steel)

What setting are people keeping their fridge set to, we just got this fridge (1 week) and it seems not to be holding coolness within the safe temperature, it is cold if i have it on coldest setting but then it begins to freeze items and still not as cold as the old 18 year old F&P? Had F&P tech come and check it today and he said to set it to middle temp setting which he said is designed for all year around, now temps in fridge are at 5-7 deg, one small water bottle on top shelf records at 4.4 everything else is recording at 5-7 and above and water and drinks are not chilled to that crisp ice cold level that the old fridge managed to achieve. Any advice would be appreciated!

C.A.

Get Fisher and Paykel to have it checked. My fridge was not cold enough and it was replaced after 4 weeks.

ari1972

Technician came out again and I pointed out the doors looked out of alignment and one of the flap seals at the top of the doors appeared to be compromised, Tech adjusted doors so seals now overlap! Fridge temps now seem to be running to set temperatures and staying cooler! Fingers crossed the problem has been solved!

Bek

Bekasked

519L French Door RF522ADX5 (Stainless Steel)

French Door Spring replacement.We have purchased a new spring twice for this model fridge and they don’t fit. We can’t make the spring work.We are sick of wasting money on parts that don’t work.My husband is ready to take the fridge to the tip! Can we please, please have the right model spring number and instructions on how to fit it. Desperate.

Lyndie

Lyndieasked

519L French Door RF522ADX5 (Stainless Steel)

As soon as the door is opened the beeping begins and lasts for 17 beeps which,I am told, means that the freezer fan is not working correctly. But it does appear to be OK.
Also, little beeps, like chirps, come from the fridge all the time. Why is this ? I cannot locate any controls on the interior of the fridge part, only on the exterior. Thank you very much in anticipation !

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives