Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart Top Loader

Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart Top Loader (page 4 of 6)

IW812, WA80T65FW1 (8kg), WA70T60FW1 (7kg), etc...
2.8 from 110 reviews · View Details

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now

2.8

rymel

rymel

I love this machine and cant understand the poor reviews it has received. Having said that Ive never had to use customer service so I cant comment on that. I do 15-16 load per week and it handles everything from delicates and handwashing (YAY!!) to the boys muddy/oily clothes working on the farm. It has a huge capacity and handles a queen size quilt with no problems. No more washing them in the bath! Very quiet unlike my last machine that sounded like a jet taking off. I love, love, love this machine!!
Highly recommended and worth every cent.
Everything!

Jono King

Jono Kingcoolangatta

wouldnt buy another one

This is the second Fisher and Paykel washer we have bought it cost $850 not cheap. The first lasted about 3 years this one died last week its only 14 months old not impressed. Will buy another brand this time and suggest that other people do the same. Was very disappointed that it did not last

do not last

susubub
susubub

hate it - just broke down again - F & P are overpriced and over-rated

Top Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Fisher & Paykel FabricSmart Top Loader compares to other Top Loading Washing Machines

Sam000

Sam000AU

Really like it

Ive been reading all the bad reviews and can't understand why. I've had mine for a year now and love love love it. Easy to use, quite and great on hand wash. My dark never come out with lint on them. I do a least 14 loads a week. From dirty sneakers to all my hand washables.
Everything!!!
Must read manual before hand

appletree
appletree
Kez4213

Kez4213Qld, 4213

Does its Job

Best washing machine that I have ever owned , customer sevice is great , you dont have to use much detergent in fact less is best, water saving is great, washing time, water levels, spinning time, hot or cold , you have many options to choose from this machine is easy to use and washing is done in less then 30mins thats what I like about it .
Washing time, saving water, lots of wash options

Cindy41

Cindy41MACQUARIE

a nightmare

From the moment i got it problems. Already had the electronic panel replaced over a year ago, but even before that it never washed properly. Took out extended warranty for no reason because it isn't going to fix the lint problem.Always massive lint problems and grease/oil marks from god knows where on my sheets etc. Rang for advise once and was told not to put lint attracting things with non lint attractive things. How do you not put a sheet with it self. Will never recommend this product and will only be to happy to bag it with all the trouble i've had.

marion4bears

marion4bearsQLD, 4510

Happy with this machine

Have only had service call for 2 issues in the 7 years I have had this machine.I wash several loads each day.
Choice of options.

loulouz

loulouz

not a good purchase

We have had this machine for just over 4 years, the majority of the time only doing 4 loads a week. In the first 6mths part of the water pump files and had to be repaced. After 18mths this part had to be replaced again($140 for the part - it was a wedding gift so extended warranty wasnt purchased). Last year the clip that holds the tub centered broke and yesterday the machine has given up and died. For a machine that is 8kgs and not over used, in the price bracket that it is in, i would expect it to last longer.
saves on water
doesn't last, many issues with the machine

Excellent Washer

I actually have the earlier model IW711E. This has served us well. Had this washer for over 9 years and it is only now starting to make noises.
Reliable. Hand wash feature is awesome.

Jenny2012

Jenny2012South East Queensland, QLD

Better than the Aquasmart it replaced.

This machine was the replacement provided by F & P after 2 years of complaints about the Aquasmart. The programming allows manual control that the previous machine did not. I still run the traditional wash cycle to ensure the lint does not settle on the clothes - which seems to happen on the eco cycle. A bit noisy during the spin cycle, has always been like this, so assume it is not a fault.
Easy to program, most washing completed in half an hour. Spins well.
Have to use the traditional cycle and manually increase water level to ensure there is no residue left on the clothes - so obviously not saving any water. I always dissolve the detergent before adding to machine.

Nerissa C
Nerissa C

I saw an article on the Choice website that recommends you use 1/4 or 1/2 the recommended amount of a good quality liquid detergent to sort out the residue problem. They said that is plenty of detergent to do the job.

Horrible clothes eating monster

Mike_Doherty
Mike_Doherty

You are getting cold water because you are using the eco wash cycle. Switch to traditional wash - in other words read the manual before you start moaning about issues.

Terrible

Control boards have also blown and are expensive to replace. The overall wash performance is a disgrace. Would not touch another F & P washer again.
IW812 simple to use and easy to change any to any specific wash cycles. Large capacity and easy to load. Terrific spin drying results.
It does not wash. This machine does not have lint filters of any kind. It relies on some mystical mix of detergent/s flushing it away in the wash/rinse cycle. Believe me, I have tried all brands and all types of detergent, It does not wash. You always have lint/grey marks all over your wash and often have to rewash. It is a disaster when you have a family all in the hospitality trade - all wearing Black.

Terrible

Unfortunately I had to use the after sales service a LOT!. My machine has just turned 7 and has broken down for the 4th time. First two times was the electrical board. Now the motor. It's going to the tip now. Over it.

With sophisticated electronics comes expensive repairs. Not built to last, but then not much is these days.
Easy to use, lots of settings to choose from. Fisher and Paykel after sales service was very good.
Broken down 4 times now, Year 3, 4, 5 and 7. The lint has been a big issue. Wasn't sure what was going on until I read the other reviews.

Bad

i will never buy another fisher and paykel again in fact i had to buy a new machine so a brought a simpson at half the price and it wonderful
my fisher and paykel washing machine was a good machine when it was working
What i dislike about it keeps breaking down and cost to much to repair 4 times the computer part has gone

Bad

Would not buy another. Was it just my machine?? Was it just this model?? I will definitely go back to a metal lid.
Quiet. Beeping until the problem is fixed. Washed cleanly
I need another lid - 4th one! So am looking around for another washer with a METAL lid. Rang F and P and they told me I should not use Preen as this cracks the lid!! I told them that I'd used Washing machines for 40 years and I had never had this problem before. However they did replace free of charge 3 lid. Will not replace the 4th - fair enough - really the whole machine needs replacing.

d_cint

d_cint

Terrible

The Service on the Fisher & Paykel was fantastic but at the end of the day they just could not fix the problem. I dreaded doing the dark load due to the lint over all of the items. Clothing coming out dirtier than it was going in. F&P even provided a lint filter that does not come with the machine. It has been very disappointing and I will think long and hard about the next machine I purchase.
Large Capacity. You can wash many items in the load. Fisher Paykel service was terrific and very understanding.
Lint, Lint and More Lint even with Lint filter the Company supplied. Dreadful on Dark clothes. Every dark wash came out with grey lint over EVERYTHING!

james102
james102

For the price, this machine is utter rubbish. No sooner does it start to fill with water, it empties straight out into the sink again, supposed to be a water saver. It is 4 months old and I'm going to sell it.

gpbonner