Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen

Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen (page 2 of 10)

WH8560P1 (8.5kg), WH7560P1 (7.5kg), WH8060P1 (8.0kg)

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now

ap74

ap74AU

Finally an excellent washing machine.

Had years of hassle with various Whirlpool models, so I was nervous about yet another new washing machine. It's been almost two years and this one hasn't been the slightest problem, does what it needs to do, and keeps up with our very large household and daily washing. I like the options available, makes it easy to make sure each load is handled exactly how it needs to be. No noticeable wear on the clothes, nice and quiet, and overall a really reliable and quality item. It's nice to get what you pay for sometimes.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
raragrrl

raragrrlPerth

great washing machine

This is the best washing machine ever. My partner works as a driller and previously always struggled to have his work clothes cleaned properly - this does it every time.
I love the fact it has so many options to chose from and the add garment feature is handy.
It also has a drum clean option which is fantastic

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Macca

MaccaMelbourne

Best machine I've owned

This is by far the best washing machine I've owned.
It does a terrific job washing, be it clothes, towels, linen.
The running noise of this machine is very quiet - ours is perfectly balanced so even on the fastest spin dry it is fairly quiet.
Very easy to use menu on the front panel and the child lock is an absolute must for us

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

Ceejay

CeejayTamworth

3 parts replaced not even 2 years old!!

Do not buy this washing machine!!! I have owned ours for not even 2 years and it has had the water pump replaced, suspension replaced and now a part in the motor replaced!!! Local repairer said they are made with cheap Chinese parts and does not recommend them!!! Stay away!! Fisher Paykel customer relations are totally useless. Couldn't care less!

Date PurchasedSep 2015
Don’t do it!

Don’t do it!Canberra

Then the glass exploded

Yesterday the glass in the front door exploded. Literally. Glass all over the laundry and steam venting from the machine. Heavy cycle no more than 4 bath towels worth. F&P says this has never happened before but aren't in a hurry to investigate what went wrong (next available technician is 12 Sep and yes I live in a capital city). Up until that moment I would have rated the machine 5 stars. The replacement part will cost $50 plus a call out fee of around $145.

Date PurchasedMar 2014
mjsmail

mjsmailSydney, NSW

Happy with it

This machine works well. Easy to use, and the clothes come out clean. The main issue is that the 'time remaining' indicator can be off by quite a lot, especially if you have a large mixed load and the machine is having trouble getting balanced before the final spin cycle. Used to have a F&P top loader - the front loader is MUCH better. No more white marks on clothes, and it's much more gentle. Would never go back to a top loader.

Date PurchasedJun 2014
Lee DWYER

Lee DWYERPerth, WA

Out of balance and the bearings are m asking a noise after 2 years

This machine has been playing up for the last 6 months and is not long out of warranty. The drum looks like it is out of balance and it keeps stopping halfway through the cycle, unbalance, error code 37, door lock, takes 40 mins to complete the spin cycle after 2 rebalances. The bearings are now making a knocking noise and it's just getting worse. Was nice and quiet but this has just got bad. Not much of a washing machine if it won't last over 2 years. Our last washing machine lasted 9 years.

Date PurchasedApr 2015
kerry

kerryCRAIGIEBURN

Works to perfection

I got this washing machine after a friend told me how good it was. I have found this to be so true! I have notice a drop in my water bill right from the start which was very important in my choice of machine. The efficiency in cleaning my cloths is noticeable and would have to say I am very happy in my choice. I have found it to be a little on the noisy side but the results of the wash are worth it.

Date PurchasedMar 2015
lizzie

lizziewest wallsend

Customisable and reliable

this machine is quiet and does not wobble on the spin cycle.
its customisable but as not as much as some newer machines. i love the eco-saving cycle. the buttons are easy to use. it rinses well. it cleans good. i paid $540 ,for mine in 2012 at harvey norman

Date PurchasedDec 2012

Dannie17

Dannie17Casterton

Amazing washing machine

It cleans my clothes better than any other washer I've bought before. It's very quiet.
I love how easy it is to use.
It's easy to clean and wipe out.
It looks great and is really economical to use.
I would recommend this washer to anyone, in fact my mum bought the same one when I said how happy I am with mine.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
tigers56

tigers56Sydney, NSW

Impressive cleanig & whisper quiet

This machine replaced an Electrolux.. Rubbish machine.. lasted 2.5 years.
Purchased a new F&P and could not be happier.
An economical machine to run. When it is operating, you can barely hear it.. Super quiet and cleans beautifully.
It does not have a gear box so it is a very reliable machine to run. I would highly recommend it

Date PurchasedNov 2016
worried

worriedMelbourne

Great Product, Very little noise and good results.

It cleans really well to my standard and it's really quiet during the wash but get a little noisy during the rinsing cycle. I can even wash my big king size duvets in it. I also wash my wool duvets in it too. I have it for 2 years now and no problem so far. Very happy about the purchase.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Perfect

love it , no complaints, best machine ever. no arguments cant live without. love it , no complaints, best machine ever. no arguments cant live without. love it , no complaints, best machine ever. no arguments cant live without. love it , no complaints, best machine ever. no arguments cant live without.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Ben W

Ben WSydney, NSW

Fantastic Machine! Quiet Operation

Date PurchasedApr 2017
astraveb777

astraveb777Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

16 Month Review

We have now had this machine for over 12 months and in that time i have had only experienced one load of washing unbalance.
It washes perfectly no matter what cycle it is on, we programme it to start at a certain time and it has not let us down yet. Have washed doonas,quilts and blankets and it handles all of these bulky items easily. Very quiet, does not dance around the laundry like our previous machine.Thank you Fisher & Paykel for a great machine.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Mythoughts

Mythoughts

Rust Rust Rust

Noticed paint bubbling & rust spots appearing near soap drawer & along the bottom kick plate. Hubby pulled off the base plate & all behind it is rust. The paint has fallen off & the floor under the machine had rust dust. Whilst the machine works ok, the preparation of the body work is disgraceful. I've bought lots of F&P products over the years, but after this, nah.

Date PurchasedDec 2014
Mikayla

MikaylaSouth Australia

Amazing front loader!

Love love love! So easy & simple for your clothes to be washed. It's actually funny because I enjoy washing now and that's oddly weird for me since I'm young. I love how it looks modern as well. I think that this totally worth it to buy. I think that the prices are affordable.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Ms B

Ms BAdelaide, SA

Semi Happy Customer. Willing to endure, and hopeful of a positive outcome.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Disappointed, to say the least.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Very Unhappy.

Washing machine only 2 yrs olds and just out of warranty when e709 error came on machine. Contacted Fisher and Paykel and they were clueless, told me to ring a service tech. Going to cost over $400 to fix. Washing machine should last longer than 2 yrs especially with how expensive they are. Don't just go by peoples reviews who have only had their machines for 6mths etc. Do your homework, I don't want others in our position!

Date PurchasedAug 2014
See all Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen reviews

Kat B

Kat B asked

WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg)

Our machine has always stopped with 4 mins to go, and says NO TAP. We usually just hit the start button and it continues on. However today we can’t hear any water coming in, and the machine stays on 59 mins, and every 10 minutes will beep with the NO TAP warning. Taps are connected? Does it make a difference that our machine is connected to our water tank (which has plenty of water?)

Renisa

Renisaasked

WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg)

Got a clear filter message, cleaned it then ran a wash and did it again. Cleaned filter again and once again got an error. What do I.do? Filter is.clean and can not see any obvious signs of a blockage.

Katrina

Katrina asked

WashSmart WH7560P1 (7.5kg)

So my fisher and paykel quicksmart keeps showing up clear filter icon every two or three washes???!!!!
Very frustrating and annoying! I hv a family of 6 and this is annoying me to no end ! Happening towards end of cycle
Hv followed booklet numerous times emptying out and making sure it’s clear ??
We are baffled
Can anyone give any suggestions on what we could try to rectify the problem? Before calling someone out
The machine isn’t very old at all , about 18months old
Please help

Ross A
Ross A

Am experiencing same problem, except there is only 1 person living in my place. I checked - as per the F&P youtube video - there was absolutely nothing in the filter. It seems like F&P products are designed to just be faulty so you pay fees for them to visit or contact them.

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives

Compare all 3 Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen
CategoryFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing Machines
Capacity7.5 kg
Replaced byFisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8060P2 (8.0kg)Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)
Compare all 3 Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen