Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen

Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen (page 3 of 10)

WH8560P1 (8.5kg), WH7560P1 (7.5kg), WH8060P1 (8.0kg)

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now

Christine

ChristineMackay

Love this washing machine, hasn't skipped a beat

Cleans clothes very well, clothes come out perfectly clean, not noisy at all, easy to use, even my 7 year old child uses it with ease. Highly recommend for anyone, fits a lot of clothes. Uses it for husbands work clothes and cleans with ease. Only issue is we had coins block the filter. It that was our fault.

Date PurchasedMar 2014
Alto

AltoBrisbane

Lifesaver

I have 2 adult children in and out and changing outfits too many times each day!!
Many loads later they are washed to perfection.
I live the button to add clothing once you he machine has started.
Working 2 jobs I do not have time to fuss.
It runs on its own.
My kind of machine

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Ash

AshSydney, NSW

Excellent ..hope new model is also the same

We have been using this machine for more than a year now and I have only one word to say ..Excellent. i bought this one after reading reviews here and i don't regret a bit. The machine works perfect cleans clothes easily and is quite. hopefully next model will also be same.

I have recommended same to my brother but they bought next model as this one is discontinued now..
They arre happy with new model and using that for 4 months now.. Thanks ProductReview for helping all buyers out here

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

Nina

NinaDubbo

Timer is not reliable

I’ve had this machine for about 2 years and always had problems with the timer it is out, I have had a serviceman out a few times to rectify the problem but to no avail. Fisher and Paykel where no help at all and we have paid a bit of money to try to fix this problem and this is the one of the main reasons I bought this machine. All other aspect of the machine are okay. I will definitely will not buy this brand again.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Very annoyed. Waste of money

Bought this model for $1,000 from Harvey Norman in WA 15 months ago and broke down yesterday mid cycle. Makes a very loud drill-like noise. Had to drain hose before I could open the door and remove the clothes. Now waiting for repairs next week. So disappointed after I spent a long time researching to find the right machine. Bought this model after reviews here. So disappointed. You would expect a machine which cost so much to last longer than 15 months. My previous machine, which was nowhere near as sophisticated, lasted 11 years and survived four house moved including interstate.

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Liz

LizGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not happy!

I end up having to manually remove fluff off the black clothes. Really disappointed. Had a fischer & paykel top loader before for a long time and was very satisfied. Quality has definitely changed. Also had problem from the start and tried to send me a technician which I refused. Was then given a new machine.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Sonia A

Sonia A

Front loader convert

Love it - quiet, good range of cycles and washes well. Can't believe this model is discontinued... great machine for a great price. I wasn't keen on a front loader after one I had years back that didn't have lint filters, so my last machine was a top loader and the most disappointing appliance ever!!! So I am wrapt with this one, highly recommend it

Date PurchasedApr 2015
AnneT

AnneT

Don't buy one in WA. Takes 2 months and still not fixed.

Date PurchasedAug 2014
9400newbie

9400newbieSydney, NSW

Happy Purchase

Bought the WH8560P1 8.5kg Front Load Washing Machine last October 2015 and have been very pleased with the performance of the machine so far. It is very silent, and it produces a great wash, fresh and clean. I love the feature of being able to stop and pause to add a garment that we missed after starting the wash cycle.

It does spin perhaps a bit too high for towels. But otherwise, have not been disappointed.

Unhappy camper

Unhappy camperRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Perplexed

I bought my machine in Oct 2015. It has been great. It is now flashing to remind us to do a Drum Clean. I tried to do this today but the washing machine says E 7:00 & it is beeping. Not sure what this means and why the machine won't do the Drum Clean.

Fisher & Paykel
Rudi K.Fisher & Paykel
Marg

MargCollie

Disappointed

When we purchased our new machine nothing was mentioned of needing a stacker to fit our fisher and paykel dryer on top. This is our 4th front loader (none of them a fisher and paykel) and never had any problems sitting our dryer on top of the machine even mismatched brands.

Poor quality plastics - don't bump the selector knob!

suzza

suzzagooseberry hill

Quite and water efficient but not for towels

This machine is very quite and uses hardly any water but, my towels are totally destroyed. I have tried using less detergent. I have tried a different spin. I have tried putting less in the wash. Nothing changes, my new towels are wrecked. Very disappointing as otherwise a good machine.

Stefana Kay

Stefana KayMelbourne

Was told it's a great machine but it's not

Perfect wash but broke after 3 months with long customer service

bidol

bidolGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The best

Love this washing machine the clothes come out soo clean!i have owned it for around 6 months.i had an lg before this and I had nothing but problems with the lg our clothes used to have brown grit all over them!but the fisher and paykel has been fantastic!i will never buy an lg again!

Steev

Steev

Issue one year after purchase.

This washing washing has been fantastic until 5 days ago when it began bouncing around my laundry with a god awful banging sound. The drum inside dented the outside cover and the rubber seal was warped and twisted. I contacted F&P that day via Facebook messenger, including photos off the damage. It's now 5 days later and I have a new washing machine in my laundry which was replaced and delivered by F&P today. Great work guys and excellent customer service.. Thank you!

Janet

Janet

Not Happy Jan

I dont normally write appliance reviews but felt compelled to this time as this is my first and LAST front loader. I am extremely disappointed in this machine. I read all the great reviews before buying it and have to ask what happened? Yes i can add a sock to it if i need, yes it is fairly quiet but my towels come out as rough as sandpaper even with softener and as for the wrinkle free setting, that is a joke. My clothes have never been more wrinkled. I am ironing more now than ever. As for my back...Biggest regret. Wish Id never bought it but it looks like Im stuck with it as i only bought it 4 months ago and cant afford to buy a different one.

s55

s55Murrumbeena

excellent wash time of cycle inaccurate

Washes well. Sometimes noisy on full spinning speed and sometimes vibrates Definitely inaccurate estimated cycle times. Always keeps revolving at either 11 or 7 minutes to go and after 10 to 15 minutes decides to Spin. Don't like this sensory mode as technician explained it's normal for this to happen

Dave V

Dave VHILLARYS

Very Happy

Great machine we have installed it upstairs on a wooden floor and very quiet even directly below on the ground floor. The spin cycle speed is excellent. Only five months old but very happy. Also purchased the matching dryer - haven't used it much but very quiet when we did.

See all Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen reviews

Kat B

Kat B asked

WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg)

Our machine has always stopped with 4 mins to go, and says NO TAP. We usually just hit the start button and it continues on. However today we can’t hear any water coming in, and the machine stays on 59 mins, and every 10 minutes will beep with the NO TAP warning. Taps are connected? Does it make a difference that our machine is connected to our water tank (which has plenty of water?)

Renisa

Renisaasked

WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg)

Got a clear filter message, cleaned it then ran a wash and did it again. Cleaned filter again and once again got an error. What do I.do? Filter is.clean and can not see any obvious signs of a blockage.

Katrina

Katrina asked

WashSmart WH7560P1 (7.5kg)

So my fisher and paykel quicksmart keeps showing up clear filter icon every two or three washes???!!!!
Very frustrating and annoying! I hv a family of 6 and this is annoying me to no end ! Happening towards end of cycle
Hv followed booklet numerous times emptying out and making sure it’s clear ??
We are baffled
Can anyone give any suggestions on what we could try to rectify the problem? Before calling someone out
The machine isn’t very old at all , about 18months old
Please help

Ross A
Ross A

Am experiencing same problem, except there is only 1 person living in my place. I checked - as per the F&P youtube video - there was absolutely nothing in the filter. It seems like F&P products are designed to just be faulty so you pay fees for them to visit or contact them.

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives

Compare all 3 Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen
CategoryFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing Machines
Capacity7.5 kg
Replaced byFisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8060P2 (8.0kg)Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)
Compare all 3 Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen