Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen

Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen (page 4 of 10)

WH8560P1 (8.5kg), WH7560P1 (7.5kg), WH8060P1 (8.0kg)

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now

Good but model has a fault

Good washer, but like others have said does tangle shirts a bit. Didn't have any problems until 1 month before warranty expires. Same issue experienced above- rubber seal suddenly warped and machine started violently moving around the room. Rang F&P, great customer service- they had a technician out in two days. Tech knew exactly what the issue was and said he had a repair kit for the issue. Apparently the new model has these parts included. Issue was fixed in 30 minutes and seems to be resolved. I'll update if anything changes!

The Best Washing Machine I Have Ever Owned

Cleans the clothes really well, they come out smelling fresh. It is very quiet, we previously had a top loader which was loud. Easy to unload, easy to use. Highly recommend the Fisher & Paykel Washsmart Washing machine to everyone, I have 3 children whose clothes get very dirty, I find this washes there clothes spotless everytime.

I dislike my washing machine

I had a top loader Fisher and Paykel washing machine, it was fantastic. I moved to a house that could only fit a front loader so I bought a Fisher and Paykel thinking it would be good. I am so disappointed, my towels are like cardboard, my back is sore, and I now have to rewash my white sheets as they have muddy looking spots on them! I also am sure the time to wash is incorrect. When I can afford it, I will be replacing this washing machine.

Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

It tangles shirts, otherwise good

Super quiet and cleans really well, but unlike my previous front loader, it constantly tangles up the sleeves on my shirts making them much harder to iron.
On the plus side, it's easy to use and so quiet that I can't even tell it's running half the time.

My favourite feature though is the "add a garment" feature. I have used his many times after starting the wash and realising I had missed a sock or something.

Lynda

LyndaSydney australia

Love it! My first front loader.

Cleans and washes clothes very well, not as tough on clothes as my old top loader, very quiet, favourite features are able to add items once started, this was the only front loader I found that had a hot water tap. Others all heated The water and this washer does both options!!!

Sham

ShamMelbourne

Perfect,

I have been using it for a year now. It is very good at cleaning. I mostly use the quick wash cycle which ends in 30-45 minutes.

The operation is very quite. If I close my laundry door, I cannot hear any sound even silent periods of the days.

Once I mistakenly overloaded the machine with double the amount of washing powder than is required. The machine displayed an error on its display screen. I followed the instructions in manual and it was fixed in minutes. No mess for excess powder.

My consideration for purchase:

- Separate hot and cold water inlets as I've got gas-based water heating already
- 4.5 stars energy rating

Date PurchasedDec 2014

incorrect information

The only thing that i am disappointed in, is that the time they give per cycle is incorrect.
It actually takes longer than the time given per cycle, eg when I use the 59min cycle and when i
use my other washing machine at the same time which is over an hour, it
finishes before the 59min cycle. How do you explain that?

Gaz

GazGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

So far - so good!

New F&P washer does a terrific job of washing the clothes. We chose it because it can run with both hot & cold water. It's super quiet, has a broad range of programs including a 'fast wash' cycle (30 mins) that we mostly use. The digital time display is a useful feature. It uses only 68 litres of water compared to our old top loader which used 170 litres so that's a bonus, as we're on tank water. It's only our 3rd washing machine in 44 years so we'll see how it goes.............. I'd be very happy to recommend it to others.

Fleur

Fleurbrisbane

Can't live without it

Purchased this machine recently as replacement for. Hoover front load. Outstanding choice. Super quiet, easy to use, would Highly recommend . I have always brought front load washers a and always German made but for a rental property they are a little too expensive , this FP fit the bill on all fronts .

Front Loading Washing Machines

Love Our New Washing Machine!

I bought this washing machine about 4 weeks ago after our 5-year-old Electrolux died. :( I love how easy this washing machine is to use and it has all the wash cycles I need and does a brilliant job. I can run it at night time and it is super quiet and does not disturb sleeping kids. The only complaint I have about this machine, if you can even call it a complaint is that the beeping when the wash is finished is a little too quiet but I do love that the machine turns itself off when it is finished. I am extremely happy with my purchase.

gigi

gigiMelbourne

Great machine glad we bought it

We bought this machine 3 weeks ago after our old F&P died a slow death ..initially the monitor played up and then the spin cycle and finally the motor. It was only 8 years old - F&P technician came out and the cost to repair was half the price of a new one. We went for another F&P on advice of reviews and also sales people and we are very happy with it. It's quiet and efficient. Minimal water use. I use the everyday and short wash cycles frequently with small kids clothes and they come out brand new. Only negative is the spin is very high so have had to reduce it for dark colours to avoid it ruining clothes due to excess spin and the wash hose is short. The 8.5kg is massive but appears to be efficient. Highly recommend it.

kalobema

kalobemaMollymook

Great Machine

We've been converted to front loader lovers by this machine, our concerns of difficulty of use and long wash times have been proven to be myths.
The wash quality is fantastic and provided reliability proves good we really can't fault it. Service by appliances on line re: the purchase and delivery was also impeccable.

BM Dewhirst

BM DewhirstAU

Wrecked my soft towels.

The Front loader washes very clean, BUT it has wrecked my soft, plush Sheridan Towels. The Towels immediately changed into tiny separated rows of stiff pile that has not responded to any effort to restore them to their previous plush pile as they were when washed in our top loader. I do not have a clothes dryer, and don't use Softener. I sought advice from both Sheridan and Harvey Norman without success.

Perfect

The machine washes everything really well. Clothes, sheets, towels, bulky and delicate items are all washing really well.
The machine is really really quiet.
I love the great number of wash options available, particularly the quick wash - 30 minutes!! The spin is amazing too. Clothes come out super dry already!

JP

JPMelbourne

Needs more washing cycles... then it'd get five stars.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Deb

Deb

this machine restored my faith in F&P

After putting up with a now discontinued F&P top loader that twisted & damaged clothes and I absolutely hated, F&P swapped to this front loader under warranty (my first front loader, so I was nervous) and I love it!!
It cleans well, is super quiet, has a heap of wash options, you can add clothes after its started, I am REALLY HAPPY - thank you F&P for restoring my faith in you
Totally recommend this one

Outstanding product

This washing machine is wonderful.
It has many different wash settings ranging from a super quick 15 minute wash if you need something in a hurry, to a bulky load for bedding, towels etc.
This is the quietest machine I have owned with 4 and a half star water rating and a 4 star energy rating.
I think this product would suit anyone.

Dani

DaniQld

So quiet, quick cycles

So quiet we barely hear it's running from adjacent room. Cold water is an option, not just minimum of 30 degrees. Doesn't beep incessantly at end of cycle. No issues with how well it cleans. We use Cold, 800 spin on Eco setting and it takes just over an hour.

So far so great!

Les from SydneySydney

See all Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen reviews

Not Happy

Not Happyasked

WashSmart WH7560P1 (7.5kg)

My front loader washing machine keeps filling with water or sometimes filling and emptying at the same time, what is causing this? Is it a major problem or easy fix?

Kat B

Kat B asked

WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg)

Our machine has always stopped with 4 mins to go, and says NO TAP. We usually just hit the start button and it continues on. However today we can’t hear any water coming in, and the machine stays on 59 mins, and every 10 minutes will beep with the NO TAP warning. Taps are connected? Does it make a difference that our machine is connected to our water tank (which has plenty of water?)

Renisa

Renisaasked

WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg)

Got a clear filter message, cleaned it then ran a wash and did it again. Cleaned filter again and once again got an error. What do I.do? Filter is.clean and can not see any obvious signs of a blockage.

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives

Compare all 3 Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen
CategoryFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing Machines
Capacity7.5 kg
Replaced byFisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8060P2 (8.0kg)Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)
Compare all 3 Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen