Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen

Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen

WH8560P1 (8.5kg), WH7560P1 (7.5kg), WH8060P1 (8.0kg)

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now

CarlyRae

CarlyRaeNew South Wales

My clothes are ruined. I'd give it a zero if I could!

Purchased in February 2016.

Noise Level

KJPMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very poor quality product

We purchased this machine having had good experiences with other Fisher and Paykel products. Drum bearing collapsed after only 3 1/2 years of normal family of 4 use. We wash only normal family clothes no more than 3 to 4 times a week. Technician cost $120 (which is outrageous by the way) to come out to diagnose the problem and confirmed that it is a workshop fix that will cost over $500. Will definitely not be buying another one. I would expect to get a lot longer than 3.5 years out of this type of product.

Purchased in May 2015 for A$750.00.

Noise Level

Would’t Buy Again

We’ve had this machine 3.5years and it’s had to be fixed 3 times, twice under warranty & once not. And now deciding if to have it repaired a forth time or throw it out for something new. Their service & advice on the errors that have come up has been poor and on the most recent episode we’ve had no response at all. works okay when it’s working but overall a disappointing purchase. Would not recommend!

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

DrGrun

DrGrunSydney

Terrible Do Not Buy

This is supposed to be a large machine. It will not even wash one queen size sheet and a couple of pillowcases. Or 2 bath towels and one bathmat and a hand towel in one load.It forever beeps saying it is too full when it is not. It is a nightmare. It washes clothes on auto with the water not even covering the clothes which will shred them. I want to return this machine. It is 1 week old. A disgrace.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Rob

RobSydney

Avoid!

Date PurchasedJun 2014
Ceejay

CeejayTamworth

3 parts replaced not even 2 years old!!

Do not buy this washing machine!!! I have owned ours for not even 2 years and it has had the water pump replaced, suspension replaced and now a part in the motor replaced!!! Local repairer said they are made with cheap Chinese parts and does not recommend them!!! Stay away!! Fisher Paykel customer relations are totally useless. Couldn't care less!

Date PurchasedSep 2015
Don’t do it!

Don’t do it!Canberra

Then the glass exploded

Yesterday the glass in the front door exploded. Literally. Glass all over the laundry and steam venting from the machine. Heavy cycle no more than 4 bath towels worth. F&P says this has never happened before but aren't in a hurry to investigate what went wrong (next available technician is 12 Sep and yes I live in a capital city). Up until that moment I would have rated the machine 5 stars. The replacement part will cost $50 plus a call out fee of around $145.

Date PurchasedMar 2014

Very Unhappy.

Washing machine only 2 yrs olds and just out of warranty when e709 error came on machine. Contacted Fisher and Paykel and they were clueless, told me to ring a service tech. Going to cost over $400 to fix. Washing machine should last longer than 2 yrs especially with how expensive they are. Don't just go by peoples reviews who have only had their machines for 6mths etc. Do your homework, I don't want others in our position!

Date PurchasedAug 2014

Very annoyed. Waste of money

Bought this model for $1,000 from Harvey Norman in WA 15 months ago and broke down yesterday mid cycle. Makes a very loud drill-like noise. Had to drain hose before I could open the door and remove the clothes. Now waiting for repairs next week. So disappointed after I spent a long time researching to find the right machine. Bought this model after reviews here. So disappointed. You would expect a machine which cost so much to last longer than 15 months. My previous machine, which was nowhere near as sophisticated, lasted 11 years and survived four house moved including interstate.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Janet

Janet

Not Happy Jan

I dont normally write appliance reviews but felt compelled to this time as this is my first and LAST front loader. I am extremely disappointed in this machine. I read all the great reviews before buying it and have to ask what happened? Yes i can add a sock to it if i need, yes it is fairly quiet but my towels come out as rough as sandpaper even with softener and as for the wrinkle free setting, that is a joke. My clothes have never been more wrinkled. I am ironing more now than ever. As for my back...Biggest regret. Wish Id never bought it but it looks like Im stuck with it as i only bought it 4 months ago and cant afford to buy a different one.

s55

s55Murrumbeena

excellent wash time of cycle inaccurate

Washes well. Sometimes noisy on full spinning speed and sometimes vibrates Definitely inaccurate estimated cycle times. Always keeps revolving at either 11 or 7 minutes to go and after 10 to 15 minutes decides to Spin. Don't like this sensory mode as technician explained it's normal for this to happen

I dislike my washing machine

I had a top loader Fisher and Paykel washing machine, it was fantastic. I moved to a house that could only fit a front loader so I bought a Fisher and Paykel thinking it would be good. I am so disappointed, my towels are like cardboard, my back is sore, and I now have to rewash my white sheets as they have muddy looking spots on them! I also am sure the time to wash is incorrect. When I can afford it, I will be replacing this washing machine.

Out of box fault, 1st cycle

Seriously thought a helicopter was attempting to land on my house as this puppy made it to its first spin cycle. On inspection it was vibrating its way across the room as its spin cycle attempted to create a portal. They got it back after customer service advised me to ring my own repair man at a day old machine.

Nicola Anne

Nicola AnneAU

Pump broke after 1 month

so so disappointed! had our machine for a month and the pump has crapped itself. trying to get a service technician has been an absolute mission! over a week since the machine stopped working and still haven't seen anyone. dont buy this machine if you expect to have good customer service or want to use it after you have had it month. It was so difficult to balance and i cant use it on the highest spin without it making a tapping noise

B.Milton

B.MiltonSydney Surrounds, NSW

Stretches everything to destruction

The machine looks smart. Operates brilliantly but stretches and destroys everything. Even towels come out like they're been beaten to a pulp.
I wish I had of read the reviews prior to buying.
If you are still interested and want a real new one cheap - check mine on Gumtree.

Front Loading Washing Machines

My clothes are being stretched and my towels are like sandpaper

Stella A.

Stella A.Sydney

Machine broke and terrible customer service!

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Electrical fault

I had the same problem as another user posted. The cycle shorts intermittently. Not impressed as my last machine lasted over 15 years. This one hasn't even made 6 months.

Disappointed

It washes clothes and normal loads great. But wouldn't wash my quilt. It can't drain the water out of it. So you have to take the quilt out with water pouring out of it for 2 days. And they reckon there is nothing wrong with the machine.
My 7kg 8yr old Samsung washes the same quilt no problem just hard to fit it in. So disappointing and specially when the customer care doesn't want to do anything about it! Would not recommend it if you want to wash your quilt, otherwise does a great job.

Steve

SteveBrisbane

What a Lemon

We are now on our 4th washer in 3 months. Our previous washer was a chinese washer that lasted 5 years and I should have just bought another chinese washer at about half the price. I must say the service people have been very good but it leaves us with no confidence in F&P products based on our experience over the past 3 months. This is supposed to be a premium washer. That it is not!!! The only thing this washer has going for it is it is very quiet.
Very Quiet
Goes out of balance and destroys itself.

See all Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen reviews

Kat B

Kat B asked

WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg)

Our machine has always stopped with 4 mins to go, and says NO TAP. We usually just hit the start button and it continues on. However today we can’t hear any water coming in, and the machine stays on 59 mins, and every 10 minutes will beep with the NO TAP warning. Taps are connected? Does it make a difference that our machine is connected to our water tank (which has plenty of water?)

Renisa

Renisaasked

WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg)

Got a clear filter message, cleaned it then ran a wash and did it again. Cleaned filter again and once again got an error. What do I.do? Filter is.clean and can not see any obvious signs of a blockage.

Katrina

Katrina asked

WashSmart WH7560P1 (7.5kg)

So my fisher and paykel quicksmart keeps showing up clear filter icon every two or three washes???!!!!
Very frustrating and annoying! I hv a family of 6 and this is annoying me to no end ! Happening towards end of cycle
Hv followed booklet numerous times emptying out and making sure it’s clear ??
We are baffled
Can anyone give any suggestions on what we could try to rectify the problem? Before calling someone out
The machine isn’t very old at all , about 18months old
Please help

Ross A
Ross A

Am experiencing same problem, except there is only 1 person living in my place. I checked - as per the F&P youtube video - there was absolutely nothing in the filter. It seems like F&P products are designed to just be faulty so you pay fees for them to visit or contact them.

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives

Compare all 3 Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen
CategoryFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing Machines
Capacity7.5 kg
Replaced byFisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8060P2 (8.0kg)Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)
Compare all 3 Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen