Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen

Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen

WH8560P1 (8.5kg), WH7560P1 (7.5kg), WH8060P1 (8.0kg)

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now

Washed well and quietly, until the bearings disintegrated

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Ms B

Ms BAdelaide, SA

Semi Happy Customer. Willing to endure, and hopeful of a positive outcome.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Nina

NinaDubbo

Timer is not reliable

I’ve had this machine for about 2 years and always had problems with the timer it is out, I have had a serviceman out a few times to rectify the problem but to no avail. Fisher and Paykel where no help at all and we have paid a bit of money to try to fix this problem and this is the one of the main reasons I bought this machine. All other aspect of the machine are okay. I will definitely will not buy this brand again.

Date PurchasedNov 2014
Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

Poor quality plastics - don't bump the selector knob!

suzza

suzzagooseberry hill

Quite and water efficient but not for towels

This machine is very quite and uses hardly any water but, my towels are totally destroyed. I have tried using less detergent. I have tried a different spin. I have tried putting less in the wash. Nothing changes, my new towels are wrecked. Very disappointing as otherwise a good machine.

Perfect wash but broke after 3 months with long customer service

incorrect information

The only thing that i am disappointed in, is that the time they give per cycle is incorrect.
It actually takes longer than the time given per cycle, eg when I use the 59min cycle and when i
use my other washing machine at the same time which is over an hour, it
finishes before the 59min cycle. How do you explain that?

BM Dewhirst

BM DewhirstAU

Wrecked my soft towels.

The Front loader washes very clean, BUT it has wrecked my soft, plush Sheridan Towels. The Towels immediately changed into tiny separated rows of stiff pile that has not responded to any effort to restore them to their previous plush pile as they were when washed in our top loader. I do not have a clothes dryer, and don't use Softener. I sought advice from both Sheridan and Harvey Norman without success.

Newbie2015

Newbie2015

Not as quiet as I would like

When I was researching front loaders to buy my number one requirement was that it is quiet because it will be located in an open plan kitchen. This dishwasher is quiet during the wash cycle but is very noisy during the max 1400 spin cycle. Also I wish that it had more wash programs and that I can set my own frequent use program. I use mainly cold water to wash my clothes and wish that I didn't have to reset it to cold everytime. The default water temp is always warm. Also the clothes seem to still have a lot of water left in them even after the 1400 spin cycle. I had a Fisher and Paykel top loader previously and the clothes came out drier.

Front Loading Washing Machines

Marie3524

Marie3524Adelaide

Unsure..

mrake18Sydney

Quiet but there's a water leakage problem

I just wanted to share my early experience which's unfortunately not a good one. I bought this washing machine and the dryer yesterday from Good Guys. They came to install the machines for us today. 3 hours later we used the washing machine for the first time !!. And guess what !!..there is lots of water leaking from underneath the machine. I am very disappointed.I'll be ringing the customer service at Fisher Paykel tomorrow. Hopefully the after sales service is good. I'll give an update in a couple weeks.

mrake18

we ended up using slightly less detergent than used when we had the leakage issue. And as a result, we have no more leakage issue and our washing is still well cleaned.

StephDarling Downs, QLD

Exactly what i was looking for in a front loader - update (only lasted 4 years)

After reading many of the reviews for various front loaders on this site, i decided on this model. I previously owned a Whirlpool which lasted nearly 10 years. I have only used my new machine for a short time, but it has exceeded all expectations so far. Quiet, lots of choice in wash cycles including a 15 minute one which i have used to freshen the swimming togs. Fingers crossed i get a good few trouble free years out of it.
UPDATE- 4 yrs on. Drum bearings gone and machine is like a jet plane taking off. See comments section below for further information.

Purchased in December 2014 at Harvey Norman for A$870.00.

Noise Level
See all Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen reviews

Kat B

Kat B asked

WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg)

Our machine has always stopped with 4 mins to go, and says NO TAP. We usually just hit the start button and it continues on. However today we can’t hear any water coming in, and the machine stays on 59 mins, and every 10 minutes will beep with the NO TAP warning. Taps are connected? Does it make a difference that our machine is connected to our water tank (which has plenty of water?)

Renisa

Renisaasked

WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg)

Got a clear filter message, cleaned it then ran a wash and did it again. Cleaned filter again and once again got an error. What do I.do? Filter is.clean and can not see any obvious signs of a blockage.

Katrina

Katrina asked

WashSmart WH7560P1 (7.5kg)

So my fisher and paykel quicksmart keeps showing up clear filter icon every two or three washes???!!!!
Very frustrating and annoying! I hv a family of 6 and this is annoying me to no end ! Happening towards end of cycle
Hv followed booklet numerous times emptying out and making sure it’s clear ??
We are baffled
Can anyone give any suggestions on what we could try to rectify the problem? Before calling someone out
The machine isn’t very old at all , about 18months old
Please help

Ross A
Ross A

Am experiencing same problem, except there is only 1 person living in my place. I checked - as per the F&P youtube video - there was absolutely nothing in the filter. It seems like F&P products are designed to just be faulty so you pay fees for them to visit or contact them.

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives

Compare all 3 Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen
CategoryFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing Machines
Capacity7.5 kg
Replaced byFisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8060P2 (8.0kg)Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)
Compare all 3 Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen