Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen

Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen

WH8560P1 (8.5kg), WH7560P1 (7.5kg), WH8060P1 (8.0kg)

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now

Foxh

FoxhMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

love this front loader

This is my first front loader and i will never go back. It washes everything well. the only thing it doesnt have a button for is soak, but you can manually go back and forward to do this.
Very quiet, cycle times are very adjustable.
Does woolens well

Purchased in February 2016 at Appliances Online for A$1,200.00.

Noise Level
Shelly

Shelly

Great

I bought this a year ago and I love it. Very easy to use with turn dial and easy to read functions. Everyday wash cycle just under 60 minutes and great spin speed. however lately ive noticed it may need a clean usually put dark clothes in the washing machine , I'm very satisfied with the product's controls and its performance when I apply different settings.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Ss B

Ss BMelbourne

Great for small family

Very satisfied with the product and great package for small family
Also very great if you want to wash your blankets/heavy loads.
Highly recommended and appreciated.
Little bit disappointed when put woolen cloths like sweaters, cardigans, jackets. Cause it not really squeeshing the water out from those type of clothes.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

Simon

SimonPerth

Great and reliable washing machine

I bought this washing machine in mid 2016 and overall has been very satisfied with it. I didn't want to get a Samsung at that time and wanted to give F&P a try and it turned out to be a very good product and it was cheaper than Samsung. Though i am not sure if it has smart features to measure how much water I need for my clothes, so far it has done its job of getting everything cleaned and doesn't wear-out my clothes. I also like the variety of function it has to offer though i mostly stick to "everyday" mode. I strongly recommend any electrical appliances products coming from F&P and I personally also own an F&P fridge.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
mjsmail

mjsmailSydney, NSW

Happy with it

This machine works well. Easy to use, and the clothes come out clean. The main issue is that the 'time remaining' indicator can be off by quite a lot, especially if you have a large mixed load and the machine is having trouble getting balanced before the final spin cycle. Used to have a F&P top loader - the front loader is MUCH better. No more white marks on clothes, and it's much more gentle. Would never go back to a top loader.

Date PurchasedJun 2014
lizzie

lizziewest wallsend

Customisable and reliable

this machine is quiet and does not wobble on the spin cycle.
its customisable but as not as much as some newer machines. i love the eco-saving cycle. the buttons are easy to use. it rinses well. it cleans good. i paid $540 ,for mine in 2012 at harvey norman

Date PurchasedDec 2012
Unhappy camper

Unhappy camperRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Perplexed

I bought my machine in Oct 2015. It has been great. It is now flashing to remind us to do a Drum Clean. I tried to do this today but the washing machine says E 7:00 & it is beeping. Not sure what this means and why the machine won't do the Drum Clean.

Fisher & Paykel
Rudi K.Fisher & Paykel
Marg

MargCollie

Disappointed

When we purchased our new machine nothing was mentioned of needing a stacker to fit our fisher and paykel dryer on top. This is our 4th front loader (none of them a fisher and paykel) and never had any problems sitting our dryer on top of the machine even mismatched brands.

Good but model has a fault

Good washer, but like others have said does tangle shirts a bit. Didn't have any problems until 1 month before warranty expires. Same issue experienced above- rubber seal suddenly warped and machine started violently moving around the room. Rang F&P, great customer service- they had a technician out in two days. Tech knew exactly what the issue was and said he had a repair kit for the issue. Apparently the new model has these parts included. Issue was fixed in 30 minutes and seems to be resolved. I'll update if anything changes!

Front Loading Washing Machines

It tangles shirts, otherwise good

Super quiet and cleans really well, but unlike my previous front loader, it constantly tangles up the sleeves on my shirts making them much harder to iron.
On the plus side, it's easy to use and so quiet that I can't even tell it's running half the time.

My favourite feature though is the "add a garment" feature. I have used his many times after starting the wash and realising I had missed a sock or something.

Gaz

GazGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

So far - so good!

New F&P washer does a terrific job of washing the clothes. We chose it because it can run with both hot & cold water. It's super quiet, has a broad range of programs including a 'fast wash' cycle (30 mins) that we mostly use. The digital time display is a useful feature. It uses only 68 litres of water compared to our old top loader which used 170 litres so that's a bonus, as we're on tank water. It's only our 3rd washing machine in 44 years so we'll see how it goes.............. I'd be very happy to recommend it to others.

gigi

gigiMelbourne

Great machine glad we bought it

We bought this machine 3 weeks ago after our old F&P died a slow death ..initially the monitor played up and then the spin cycle and finally the motor. It was only 8 years old - F&P technician came out and the cost to repair was half the price of a new one. We went for another F&P on advice of reviews and also sales people and we are very happy with it. It's quiet and efficient. Minimal water use. I use the everyday and short wash cycles frequently with small kids clothes and they come out brand new. Only negative is the spin is very high so have had to reduce it for dark colours to avoid it ruining clothes due to excess spin and the wash hose is short. The 8.5kg is massive but appears to be efficient. Highly recommend it.

JP

JPMelbourne

Needs more washing cycles... then it'd get five stars.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Anthony

AnthonyMelbourne

Nice & Quiet And A Good Wash

EV79Lawton

EV79LawtonWA, 6018

Quiet and good washing machine

Very good

I have just recently moved out into my own first house and bought a new washing machine. I am Very happy with the machine. I'm so happy with it , that I also bought the same washing machine for my mum and dad for Christmas this year. This is by far my favourite brand.

Collider24

Collider24Goulburn Valley, VIC

Perfect if a little bit noisy

I recently purchased this front loader after losing my beloved top loader. Clothes are washed quickly and cleanly. Only issue is it is quite noisy so all my washing is done when the family is trying to sleep! That's what you get when you leave clothes everywhere! Very happy with this purchase and highly recommended

greentrees321Queensland

Packed full of features, sleek design, all for a great price!

greentrees321

Update - after owning for almost a year now, I am still super happy with this machine and have not had any issues

Cameron

CameronBrisbane

Great machine

nasir007

nasir007Brisbane

Beautiful Machine!

I am using this machine since 3 months and it is running flawless. I would certainly recommend this to anyone who is looking to spend between $750 to $850.It does a full load wash in 1 hour which is a decent saving of time and power. Very quite. Go for it.

See all Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen reviews

Kat B

Kat B asked

WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg)

Our machine has always stopped with 4 mins to go, and says NO TAP. We usually just hit the start button and it continues on. However today we can’t hear any water coming in, and the machine stays on 59 mins, and every 10 minutes will beep with the NO TAP warning. Taps are connected? Does it make a difference that our machine is connected to our water tank (which has plenty of water?)

Renisa

Renisaasked

WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg)

Got a clear filter message, cleaned it then ran a wash and did it again. Cleaned filter again and once again got an error. What do I.do? Filter is.clean and can not see any obvious signs of a blockage.

Katrina

Katrina asked

WashSmart WH7560P1 (7.5kg)

So my fisher and paykel quicksmart keeps showing up clear filter icon every two or three washes???!!!!
Very frustrating and annoying! I hv a family of 6 and this is annoying me to no end ! Happening towards end of cycle
Hv followed booklet numerous times emptying out and making sure it’s clear ??
We are baffled
Can anyone give any suggestions on what we could try to rectify the problem? Before calling someone out
The machine isn’t very old at all , about 18months old
Please help

Ross A
Ross A

Am experiencing same problem, except there is only 1 person living in my place. I checked - as per the F&P youtube video - there was absolutely nothing in the filter. It seems like F&P products are designed to just be faulty so you pay fees for them to visit or contact them.

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives

Compare all 3 Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen
CategoryFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing Machines
Capacity7.5 kg
Replaced byFisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8060P2 (8.0kg)Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)
Compare all 3 Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen