Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen

Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen

WH8560P1 (8.5kg), WH7560P1 (7.5kg), WH8060P1 (8.0kg)

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now

cindy B.

cindy B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

not working

door stays locked washing inside no matter what cycle you use it comes up with error 37 and the drum on spin cycle is out of balance.cannot access to get clothes out and machine is under warrenty but still waiting for a repairer to come out.paying the extra for 5 years was worth it as i got it in 2016 and its only 3 years old.

Purchased in February 2016 at The Good Guys.

Noise Level
Briony

BrionyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best machine I’ve owned

I’ve had mine almost 4 years and it’s never missed a beat. It washes everything, even large bulky items brilliantly. It’s so quiet, you don’t even notice it’s running! The quick cycles are great if you’re in a hurry or have a smaller load. Everything comes out beautifully clean even on the quick cycles. Clothes dry really quickly thanks to the great spin cycle.

Date PurchasedDec 2014
Dee T

Dee TPerth

Great, efficient washer

Great front loader with many options. I generally use the 30 min wash which is perfect for normal soiled loads. Spins well and keeps turning finished wash to limit creasing, until I get back to hang out. Highly recommend the brand, although this model has now been upgraded, but likely as good or better.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

Louise

Louisensw

Aewsome

This thing has been given an absolute flogging since we bought it 3 years ago. It does 3 full loads a day every day as we have a king bed, queen bed and double bed, plus family members who play soccer and matial arts as well as tradesmen clothes. The place is like a professional laundry. Cleans well, has lots of options for loads, water levels and clothing types. Gentle wash is very good for fragile fabrics. Runs very quietly. Definitely would recommend it.

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Richard of Buderim

Richard of BuderimSouth East Queensland, QLD

Well Made, Works Well, But One Issue to Consider

We've had one of these now for six months, and it gets solid use. It washes well and is easy on the clothes, while being as silent as you could expect. The only issue I have with it is that the standard wash cycle takes just over an hour, so if you have more than one load a large part of your day is going to be taken up waiting for the machine. (On the other hand, I am sneaky, and generally use the quick 30 minute cycle which washes well enough that my wife has yet to spot the difference.) So when looking for a washing machine, investigate how long the wash cycle takes to make sure you can live with it.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Nagel

NagelAU

Best washing machine Ive owned

This is a great machine. Its quiet, easy to use, got heaps of different programs for all your needs. It also has a hot water inlet incase you got free hot water from solar or something. If not you can just have the machine heat up the water as we do. Take your time when you set it up and make sure its lever otherwise it might walk away from you during spinning cycle.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Tom1966

Tom1966Sydney, NSW

Quiet & Cleans Well

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
ap74

ap74AU

Finally an excellent washing machine.

Had years of hassle with various Whirlpool models, so I was nervous about yet another new washing machine. It's been almost two years and this one hasn't been the slightest problem, does what it needs to do, and keeps up with our very large household and daily washing. I like the options available, makes it easy to make sure each load is handled exactly how it needs to be. No noticeable wear on the clothes, nice and quiet, and overall a really reliable and quality item. It's nice to get what you pay for sometimes.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
raragrrl

raragrrlPerth

great washing machine

This is the best washing machine ever. My partner works as a driller and previously always struggled to have his work clothes cleaned properly - this does it every time.
I love the fact it has so many options to chose from and the add garment feature is handy.
It also has a drum clean option which is fantastic

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Macca

MaccaMelbourne

Best machine I've owned

This is by far the best washing machine I've owned.
It does a terrific job washing, be it clothes, towels, linen.
The running noise of this machine is very quiet - ours is perfectly balanced so even on the fastest spin dry it is fairly quiet.
Very easy to use menu on the front panel and the child lock is an absolute must for us

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
kerry

kerryCRAIGIEBURN

Works to perfection

I got this washing machine after a friend told me how good it was. I have found this to be so true! I have notice a drop in my water bill right from the start which was very important in my choice of machine. The efficiency in cleaning my cloths is noticeable and would have to say I am very happy in my choice. I have found it to be a little on the noisy side but the results of the wash are worth it.

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Dannie17

Dannie17Casterton

Amazing washing machine

It cleans my clothes better than any other washer I've bought before. It's very quiet.
I love how easy it is to use.
It's easy to clean and wipe out.
It looks great and is really economical to use.
I would recommend this washer to anyone, in fact my mum bought the same one when I said how happy I am with mine.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
tigers56

tigers56Sydney, NSW

Impressive cleanig & whisper quiet

This machine replaced an Electrolux.. Rubbish machine.. lasted 2.5 years.
Purchased a new F&P and could not be happier.
An economical machine to run. When it is operating, you can barely hear it.. Super quiet and cleans beautifully.
It does not have a gear box so it is a very reliable machine to run. I would highly recommend it

Date PurchasedNov 2016
worried

worriedMelbourne

Great Product, Very little noise and good results.

It cleans really well to my standard and it's really quiet during the wash but get a little noisy during the rinsing cycle. I can even wash my big king size duvets in it. I also wash my wool duvets in it too. I have it for 2 years now and no problem so far. Very happy about the purchase.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Perfect

love it , no complaints, best machine ever. no arguments cant live without. love it , no complaints, best machine ever. no arguments cant live without. love it , no complaints, best machine ever. no arguments cant live without. love it , no complaints, best machine ever. no arguments cant live without.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Ben W

Ben WSydney, NSW

Fantastic Machine! Quiet Operation

Date PurchasedApr 2017
astraveb777

astraveb777Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

16 Month Review

We have now had this machine for over 12 months and in that time i have had only experienced one load of washing unbalance.
It washes perfectly no matter what cycle it is on, we programme it to start at a certain time and it has not let us down yet. Have washed doonas,quilts and blankets and it handles all of these bulky items easily. Very quiet, does not dance around the laundry like our previous machine.Thank you Fisher & Paykel for a great machine.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Mikayla

MikaylaSouth Australia

Amazing front loader!

Love love love! So easy & simple for your clothes to be washed. It's actually funny because I enjoy washing now and that's oddly weird for me since I'm young. I love how it looks modern as well. I think that this totally worth it to buy. I think that the prices are affordable.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Christine

ChristineMackay

Love this washing machine, hasn't skipped a beat

Cleans clothes very well, clothes come out perfectly clean, not noisy at all, easy to use, even my 7 year old child uses it with ease. Highly recommend for anyone, fits a lot of clothes. Uses it for husbands work clothes and cleans with ease. Only issue is we had coins block the filter. It that was our fault.

Date PurchasedMar 2014
Alto

AltoBrisbane

Lifesaver

I have 2 adult children in and out and changing outfits too many times each day!!
Many loads later they are washed to perfection.
I live the button to add clothing once you he machine has started.
Working 2 jobs I do not have time to fuss.
It runs on its own.
My kind of machine

Date PurchasedAug 2016
See all Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen reviews

Not Happy

Not Happyasked

WashSmart WH7560P1 (7.5kg)

My front loader washing machine keeps filling with water or sometimes filling and emptying at the same time, what is causing this? Is it a major problem or easy fix?

Kat B

Kat B asked

WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg)

Our machine has always stopped with 4 mins to go, and says NO TAP. We usually just hit the start button and it continues on. However today we can’t hear any water coming in, and the machine stays on 59 mins, and every 10 minutes will beep with the NO TAP warning. Taps are connected? Does it make a difference that our machine is connected to our water tank (which has plenty of water?)

Renisa

Renisaasked

WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg)

Got a clear filter message, cleaned it then ran a wash and did it again. Cleaned filter again and once again got an error. What do I.do? Filter is.clean and can not see any obvious signs of a blockage.

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives

Compare all 3 Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen
CategoryFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing Machines
Capacity7.5 kg
Replaced byFisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8060P2 (8.0kg)Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)
Compare all 3 Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen