MPNs: 35904826 and WA1068G1
See the Best Top Loading Washing Machines in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Fisher & Paykel

When it works and holds the water it is great

I have had no end of trouble with this model, I have had other washing machines of the same brand which have been perfect but this one is one I can't recommend. Constantly giving the code full regardless of the water setting. It will then empty and you need to refill again.

Purchased in January 2019.

Mark
MarkIllawarra, NSW

Don’t make them like they use to….

Purchased in 2017 after my second smart drive went after ten years… loved the smart drive product. Now after only 4 years suspension has failed and not worth fixing. Very disappointed have gone off fisher and paykel will try a Bosch front loader instead.

Purchased in April 2017.

maxwell99
maxwell99AU

So disappointed F&P

stan
stanPerth, WA

never again

Purchased in May 2012 at The Good Guys.

Top Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA1068G1 (10kg) compares to other Top Loading Washing Machines

ṣ̄ụk
ṣ̄ụkSydney, NSW

F & P Quality gone downhill in a big way

Purchased in January 2015 at The Good Guys for $1,050.00.

Bezza
BezzaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Agitator falling to bits

Purchased in August 2016 at The Good Guys for $1,000.00.

Cart09
Cart09NUMERALLA

Ok machine when it works, but so many problems with it!

Bought this machine a couple of months ago and have had issues ever since.

It gets about 10 minutes into the wash cycle, and will then continually beep until you press pause, and start again.

It seems as though the "lid lock" mechanism is faulty. However, sometimes it will do the complete wash cycle and other times it won't.

We have contacted Fisher & Paykel, and they have said we will need to organise to fix this ourselves.

Another downside is that there is no lint filter.

When it actually works the wash isn't too bad. It's a shame it's been so faulty.

Date PurchasedSept 2018

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Louise
LouiseTownsville

Four Star? What for?

Purchased as it was a 4 star machine. What a joke. Does not wash well and regardless of how it is programmed it changes the program to barely any water. There is really no point in washing clothes to clean them in this machine. Washing becomes ridiculously tangled and misshaped in machine and it is easily off balanced. Worst machine I have used in 40 years of using washing machines!

Date PurchasedJune 2018
junej
junejAU

Terrible

does not do a great job on cleaning clothes, it is quiet but takes longer to fill with the water than the actual wash time and I have great water pressure and have never had a problem with any other washing machine. I can honestly say it is the worst and most expensive machine I have ever owned. I dislike when you want to add something either to wash or rinse because you don't require the full cycle after pausing it just goes back to beginning, very frustrating, I contacted Fisher & Paykel and was told that's what it meant to do Fortunately only my husband & I at home now so not heaps of washing, it takes forever.

Date PurchasedJune 2013
Top Loading Washing Machines

Hot straight out of the cylinder onto clothes first

Nice machine but on regular wash the first water onto clothes is hot straight out of the cylinder which I feel is a bit harsh, then after a while, cold. The cold- warm wash is cold, the warm is the same and warm-hot isn't much better, even after setting the warm up as high as it will go it is still below skin temperature. Surely in this age of technology they could make the water mix before hitting the clothes. I think the average person using this machine would be stunned to know straight hot is on the clothes first, they probably just put the washing on and would not know.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Stung

Don't buy this if you don't like lint

Never had an issue with lint but we have to vacuum our clothes once dry due to the massive amount of lint.
We contacted fisher and pykel only to get told to buy a lint filter from them for $44 plus $15 freight...and it might fix the problem.
A $1000 machine should not have this issue in the first place.
Time to contact fair trading I'm thinking.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Stung

Leaves lint all over clothes!

This washing machine leaves lint all over clothes. I separate clothes correctly and no matter what there is crap left over everything. I have to use a lint remover on everything especially dark clothes after they are washed and dried which creates a lot of work! I would much prefer an older washing machine where you empty the lint filter out yourself.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Karen
KarenPerth

Very Disappointed

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Julie h
Julie h

Absolutely Disappointed

Hate being a strong word but how I feel about this machine. Lint everywhere, hard on clothes and no warm wash!! Dripping wet clothes on gentle. Goes back to the start when adding another item. Cutting my losses and selling to repurchase. However does run quiet. Disappointed and very unhappy. Contacted company did send me another lint filters but they were not really interested.

can't pause machine starts from scratch-might as well have a front loader

have needed the electrical panel replaced after 10 months, touch panel very touchy, worse thing is the fact you might have forgotten to put something in the machine and you press the pause button and the machine starts the cycle from scratch, should have bought a front loader, does take a large load which is why I give it 2 stars.

See all Fisher & Paykel Series 5 Top Loader Washing Machines reviews

Ian D
Ian Dasked
WashSmart WA1068G1 (10kg)

I have this machine. It continually goes out of balance. I have tried everything I can find on the net. The first thing I did was buy new suspension rods and fit them. Seemed to work ok for a few days, then out of balance again every second or third load. I've made sure the machine is completely level using a level. I've run the initial installation procedure / program on the machine. Nothing works. Is there anything else I can try??

The funny thing is it can say out of balance, I can then remove everything from the machine so it's completely empty, then hit go again, and it still says out of balance. Often I have to unplug it from the wall, leave it 30 mins then plug it back in and sometimes it will suddenly work and spin the clothes perfectly. That happens without touching anything inside the machine. So the load was obviously never really "out of balance". Is there anything else I can try. I like the machine otherwise, but this "out of balance" issues is slowly making it unusable.

Edit - I've just check my email and it turns out I bought the new suspension rods at the end of July. The machine worked well for a month, before now going out of balance again all the time. This out of balance started again in early September. Surely it can't be that the new suspension rods only lasted a month?

'Jackie
'Jackie

Sorry I cannot help with this problem, I have been lucky enough not to experience this.
I suggest you contact Fisher & Paykel and have their technician help you.
Good luck.

Monica jones
Monica jones

Hi Don, we can move the load in ours three or four times and still it beeps. We have set the level a number of times. Monica I will do what Jackie suggests and contact Fisher Paykel

CAS
CASasked
WashSmart WA1068G1 (10kg)

If I hand wash in a tub, is there a way to select 'spin only' with this washer?

Anthony G.
Anthony G.asked
WashSmart WA1068G1 (10kg)

should i have water in the plastic bottom part of my bowl, the part that is connected to the stainless part? could this be causing an imbalance error?

See all Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA1068G1 (10kg) questions

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives

Compare all 5 Fisher & Paykel Series 5 Top Loader Washing Machines
CategoryTop Loading Washing Machines
Price (RRP) $1,399.00
Capacity10 kg
Household Size 5+ people
FeaturesAuto Balancing, Auto Dispense and Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof)
Energy Rating4 star(s)